Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You people do realize that 9.6Million is a huge number? There are countries that have less citizens than wow currently :\
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

500k ppl left because they dont like dailies lol XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    You people do realize that 9.6Million is a huge number? There are countries that have less citizens than wow currently :\
    ...Okay that's KIND of terrifying to imagine.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    9.6M

as expected and below 10M

from now on, the only way is down until the next expansion
    Says you, and your assumptions.

Might go back up, might go down a bit.

Who knows.

We'll see in May!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    9.6M

as expected and below 10M

from now on, the only way is down until the next expansion
    What makes you think next expansion will fix anything? If Cata (hardcore) was a drop, and MoP (softcore) was a drop, then WoW as a whole is on the decline.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    What message do you think you were sending? What you're saying here exactly supports my point. If WoW was good enough to keep you entertained, you would not have unsubscribed. You would not have felt the desire to take a break and check out Rift or Diablo. You would not have had any reason to drift in and out of the game. Your unsubscribing is completely incongruous with the idea that WoW was good enough (to you) to justify a continuous subscription.
    So me not devoting all my free gaming time to WoW for the last 7 years is indicative of failure on Blizzard's part?

I guess if you're setting up some fake criteria that WoW can't be good if anyone might take a break from it.

All MMOs suffer lost subs constantly. The difference between WoW and most of its competitors is that a huge number of people who take breaks end up coming back to it.

Can you name a game that's "good enough" that nobody ever quits? Sounds like you're setting a pretty high bar for "good enough to keep you entertained".
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-02-08 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    What makes you think next expansion will fix anything? If Cata (hardcore) was a drop, and MoP (softcore) was a drop, then WoW as a whole is on the decline.
    MoP is classified as Softcore?

I more-so think of it in the middle to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Entertainment doesn't automatically correlate with attachment. This forum takes a giant sample of dissafisfied customers who have gone back repeatedly.

Personal predictions are very good financially - I expect Blizzard to attempt a giant resurgence of subscribers in X5, due to contrasting theme, nostalgic attachment from the dusty shelf of former customers.

Expect Expansion 5 to be the Wrestlemania of WoW - All the loyalists will flock back, and it'll be beautiful for a short while. Then afterwards it'll all be over.
    What you're describing is the exact premise of Cataclysm. It was effective, but ultimately all returning players left again before MoP release.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Never said it will fix it. It may fix or it may not fix. I will not speculate about an expansion I do not have any information about.

You may be right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    There are countries that have less than 100k citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    So me not devoting all my free gaming time to WoW for the last 7 years is indicative of failure on Blizzard's part?

I guess if you're setting up some fake criteria that WoW can't be good if anyone might take a break from it.

All MMOs suffer lost subs constantly. The difference between WoW and most of its competitors is that a huge number of people who take breaks end up coming back to it.

Can you name a game that's "good enough" that nobody ever quits? Sounds like you're setting a pretty high bar for "good enough to keep you entertained".
    Woah. I'm not saying anyone has to play WoW 24/7 forever. There just comes a time when you decided that it's not worth $15 a month. By quitting / taking a break / whatever you want to call it, you're indicating that you don't value WoW as much as you value the money you'd have spent on a subscription fee.

The question "Is WoW good enough" is totally subjective. Your decision to quit because it's not good enough (to you) to justify a subscription fee has no bearing on what other people feel about the game. When 400,000 people quit the game, that's 400,000 voices saying "this game is not good enough." The remaining subscribers are obviously saying the exact opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah. I'm not saying anyone has to play WoW 24/7 forever. There just comes a time when you decided that it's not worth $15 a month. By quitting / taking a break / whatever you want to call it, you're indicating that you don't value WoW as much as you value the money you'd have spent on a subscription fee.

The question "Is WoW good enough" is totally subjective. Your decision to quit because it's not good enough (to you) to justify a subscription fee has no bearing on what other people feel about the game. When 400,000 people quit the game, that's 400,000 voices saying "this game is not good enough." The remaining subscribers are obviously saying the exact opposite.
    500k drop in subscriptions doesn't mean 500k cancelled. More than 500k cancelled. It's just that some people came back or started new. -500k is the net.

9.6 million future unsubscribers.
    What?

That statement makes no sense at all.

7 Billion future dead people.

What does that have to do with the thread at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    SO far though, I'm going to say that the starting of MoP has been worse than Cataclysm.
    I agree with this. I ran Cata heroics maybe for a month, they were not all faceroll. I finished MOP heroics in less than a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    What?

That statement makes no sense at all.

7 Billion future dead people.

What does that have to do with the thread at all?
    Earth is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    WoW is in no way shape or form the same game that launched in 2004. It's unrecognizable. It's technologically completely different.

They even called Cataclysm "for all intents and purposes WoW 2".

MoP was even a larger revamp to the core of the game than Cata was.

This game is manifestly modern. It's not old and it's not attracting new players. That's a problem.
    Yes WoW was a good MMORPG in 2004, now it is pandas, farmville, pokemon, dailies grind, faceroll heroics, LFD/LFR/CRZ and some realms have been dead for years without any remedy provided by Blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Earth is dying.
    It always comes back to this don't it.... So what great new planet will takes earths place hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I was close with 9.5-ish
    me too

/hi5

You're right, WoW is not good enough to be my sole source of entertainment for 7+ years.

I guess any game that can't maintain 100% retention is not "good enough to keep me entertained". I've never played a game that was "good enough to keep me entertained" for over 7 years.

Now that we got that clear, what was your point again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    It always comes back to this don't it.... So what great new planet will takes earths place hmmmm?
    A Moon expansion might save Earth for a while. But when Mars gets released, it will be the Earth killer.

Quote Originally Posted by masterman View Post
    CRZ is one of the best features added to WoW. Why would he hate it? The bugs have already been fixed with it AND it solved their problem of low pop servers
    It suffers from the same problem as LFD/LFR.

People behave badly, do not socialize or befriend, because they dont need to, they will find a bunch of strangers to play with every time they log in.