Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    When Mars gets released, it will be the Earth killer.
    Mars won't be able to compete with Qo'noS.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Moon expansion might save Earth for a while. But when Mars gets released, it will be the Earth killer.
    If Mars couldn't do it, I doubt Mars 2 will be able to either.

And don't even get me started on that expansion for Venus. They really think a full planetary remake is enough to save it?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Well lets see... in a span of September to December, new expansion launch, holiday season, especially around christmas... and they lost 400,000 subscriptions. I don't think they ever lost subscriptions around christmas before. So I do consider that a rather sizable loss. And hopefully now, Blizzard will actually start shifting their direction. Maybe start actually stop trying to silence people on cross realm zones issues and actually listen and respond in a more respectful tone. Heck, not even Cataclysm lost that many subs in this short a time.

So now, the ball is in Blizzard's court. Will they simply plow on ahead, not addressing the issues their player base is having issues with, and/or silencing their player base? Or will they realize us players who did cancel around that time, were serious about our issues with flawed systems and try to be more open to our suggestions or more open to our feedback? For me, it is now a wait and see. I have no desire to see the game die. But the course Blizzard is on, is suicide and needs to be shifted. Numbers don't lie, and losing that many subs around christmas, isn't a good thing.
    WoW lost subs at the end of 2010 and 2011, as well, so your theory about holiday losses being unusual is unfounded.

The launch of MoP was included in the last report, so this one would not include sub boosts due to that.
    This report *does* include the "I played for a couple months, now I'll unsub until new content" losses.

What this report did not include was more than a million people quitting over CRZ, as you predicted.
    CRZ is not the boondoggle you think it is. Most are indifferent to it, and some of us like it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not going anywhere.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

A Moon expansion might save Earth for a while. But when Mars gets released, it will be the Earth killer.
    I hear there's an indie asteroid who's kinda flying under the radar. Not expected to make much noise, but you never know!

A Moon expansion might save Earth for a while.
    That's no moon!

Decline in the east?

Maybe the Asians didn't like pandas and Asian theme either. They must be racist as well.

/rolls eyes

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Decline in the east?

Maybe the Asians didn't like pandas and Asian theme either. They must be racist as well.

/rolls eyes
    It'll be interesting as people dissect why MoP isn't going over as well in Asian countries as Western countries.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ah, my bad. I'm procrastinating doing my stupid Argument Analysis paper for my Writing Analysis class so I'm kinda using this thread as my source of procrastination.

I asked why do you vehemently hate WoW so much. It just sounds like you want it to fail.
    You mean you are trolling? You attacked me too when I guessed 9.5M.

Why do you think people must be haters if they point out shortcomings of the game?

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    MoP is not a weak expansion. The market is more saturated than it has ever been. Each time a new MMO gets released small chunks of players leave to play it, and part of that chunk returns while others dont. MMO's are time sinks and each MMO is trying to take up your free time. So you can only play so many at once. Swtor got released during Cata and so did Rift. GW2 got released right before MoP. These games have all had over a million players playing at some point, and that million just doesnt appear out of thin air, some of that million is coming from WoW, and whether they want to pay to play 2 games at the same time is their choice but some chose to drop a sub and play another game then come back.

An expansion isnt weak just because the ammount of ppl that bought it is lower than previous years or because subs are down from previous years. The market is getting more and more games and players just dont have the time to play them the way they are designed to be played. MMO's are designed to keep you playing. Look at single player games. They all have an ending, you usually put 30 hours into a campaign or story mode for some games, others RPG's you can put Hundreds of hours into, Shooters with online play also get hundreds of hours out of you. But those are all free after purchase. And i assume most ppl dont switch between all the shooters they just find their favorite and stick to it like ppl do with MMO's. And thats another problem with MMO's is that they all are very similar.
    Pandas/farmville/pokemon/dailies grind/LFD/LFR/CRZ is weak.

No epicness, everything faceroll, dead realms not fixed.

Market saturation bla bla is a false excuse, the game is not as good as it used to be.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 01:40 AM ----------

And yet Cataclysm was between the two which pretty much caused a permanent decrease in subs.
    And MOP is on track to repeat that feat.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Why do any of you even give a fuck about this? If you are enjoying the game, by all means continue playing. If you don't then stop playing. It's not rocket surgery.
    We like to discuss the game and thats what this thread is about.

Why are YOU here?

Deleted
    Pandas/farmville/pokemon/dailies grind/LFD/LFR/CRZ is weak.

No epicness, everything faceroll, dead realms not fixed.

Market saturation bla bla is a false excuse, the game is not as good as it used to be.

And MOP is on track to repeat that feat.
    Coming from someone who hasn't even managed to kill Feng on normal mode yet, very funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    That's no moon!
    I've got a bad feeling about this....

<now trying to wander back on-topic>
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

...Okay that's KIND of terrifying to imagine.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 12:46 AM ----------

Says you, and your assumptions.

Might go back up, might go down a bit.

Who knows.

We'll see in May!
    I had predicted 9.5M and you talked crap about me, labeled me a hater. It turned out to be 9.6M. You still talking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Ahhaha ahahhaha. Soo funny. You mean just like they didnt get effected by a PvP game like GW2? oh wait..
    GW2 had ZERO effect on WOW Subs...what the hell are you going on about?
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    How do you know?

You mean you are trolling? You attacked me too when I guessed 9.5M.

Why do you think people must be haters if they point out shortcomings of the game?[COLOR="red"]
    How am I trolling? Come on. Are we really using that term because I disagree with you?

Anyways, my apologies if it seemed as though I was attacking you.

You and Jhanz I think it was just seem to hate everything about the game. Due to that fact, it gives me a vibe you just want the game to fail.

I have no problem with someone having differing opinions than me at all!

That's just the impression you give off to me, and in my defense Killidan, I ask you this: can you name one positive thing going on with WoW currently?

It's fine to have shortcomings, but I'm still going to question why you have them and debate them with you because I may disagree with them.

Simple as that.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 01:56 AM ----------

I had predicted 9.5M and you talked crap about me, labeled me a hater. It turned out to be 9.6M. You still talking?
    Yes, I am. Read my response to what you said.

I don't think I labelled you as a hater, but that's certainly what you're coming off as mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

To add on to what others have said. What is really hurting the game is dead realms. Blizzard saying the only way off is to pay for a server transfer or start over is basically a big "fuck you" in a lot of their eyes. Log into a dead server and you will know why so many people have left the game.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

For the realms ranked 200 and below only 3 have 3000 lvl 90 characters. That's nearly 50 servers and only 3 have 3000+ Now lets look at the next 50 above them. They have 23 w/ 3000 lvl 90s.

To start they should fold those bottom 50 into the 50 above them (by time zones obviously.) This will infuse more players into dying servers and giving dying servers more players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, lots of people don't like the new daily model and Blizzard's response is basically to tell everybody they're wrong. Can't say I'm terribly surprised.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Whether it did or didn't, I don't even want to know. I'd prefer Guild Wars 2 and WoW remain their own breeds of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    I've got a bad feeling about this....

<now trying to wander back on-topic>
    I like the cut of your jib, and sorry, I couldn't help myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because GW2 doesn't have a sub fee doesnt mean someone has enough time for both games. If someone prefers GW2, they will play GW2. If someone prefers WoW, they will play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Conservative estimate: Down to 9.7 Million
    Quoting myself for some damn'd good accuracy.

As to why the game's losing subs at peak season again: It's old.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Meh, lots of people don't like the new daily model and Blizzard's response is basically to tell everybody they're wrong. Can't say I'm terribly surprised.
    That's a bingo.