Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gentlemen, fasten your seat belts. It's about to get really scary in 5.3 and 5.4. A few changes I'm certain we'll see going forward into even 6.0.

1. Expansion of the LF system. This seems to be the future for getting people to see the content. Expect an LFBG update and extending LFR to at least normal mode.

2. Four tiers in MoP. If this is the fallout from just a few months without a new tier, imagine the damage a year would do. If Blizz wasn't already planning it, they're in the war room today planning out the tier between ToT and SoO.

3. More free gear. They tried VP, it didn't work. They tried dailies, it didn't work. Expect them to try something else entirely when it comes to gearing up your character. It may even be so easy as just farming heroic 5-mans. Or even doing solo questlines.

4. Expansion V will be big. MoP is at best stagnant, at worse it's failing. Blizz really will have one final saving throw later this year when they reveal Expansion V. If it fails to support the subscriber base, expect Blizz to start giving up on keeping WoW from losing players.

5. A lot more player interaction. SoE recently introduced a voting system for features in Planetside 2. Expect to see similar coming to WoW in the future.

I'm afraid WoW is officially entering it's decline. And nothing Blizzard can do will save the game. The community is too big, too greedy, and too against itself to possibly survive.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    more than 400k lost and it can only go down from here, very nice.
    in my opinion For the Q1 2013 report we will see the subs dip below 9.1 million for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's not hemorrhaging subs. That's a slight loss.
    You're in denial if you don't think over 400k in just a few months with content is hemorrhaging subs and a troubling ordeal. But hey, this is #1 fanboy central. Can't ask you to actually be reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ermah Gerd Wer Lerst 400k Serbs, everyone freak out. I'm gunna go on PTR & test out LFR anyone care to join me ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Well just few points-

1. It's Dec sub number, so the current number might be slightly different(whether up or down)
    2. It would be more like -500k, as last time it was 'more than 10mil' which I suspect it to be 10.1~10.2ish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I really like this expansion, loads better than cata was. I was honestly expecting a rise in subs. Oh well, wasn't as bad as I expected if there WAS a drop. Either way it's better for us, they'll change things up for the better (hopefully).
    Same here. MoP's been the best WoW expansion to date. Blizzard has learned a lot these past few years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Matter of opinion then. I don't find 400k is that much in the slightest.

They said over 10 million. 9.6 million + 400k = 10 million so its a matter of fact the sub lost was over 400k

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    DS launch had 0 sub loss and was considered a failure, MoP launch quarter has over 400k, and its fine?
    The gap between Firelands and DS was, what, 5 or 6 months?

People were still finishing up the first Tier, and moving into Firelands which was INSANELY difficult for most, along with the fact it stagnated progression.

When DS came along a lot of people were still wrapping of Firelands or enjoying Molten Front.

4.3 was looked at as an amazing patch for a few reasons:

1. Transmog.

2. New Raid that was made to sound epic.

3. 3 New Dungeons.

That enticed a lot of people.

But after DS and Cata, a lot of people felt betrayed and were just burnt out of the game.

It's to be expected that those people, while some of them tried out Mists and didn't like it, would leave again, or more would.

The game is 8+ years old.

Even I was expecting a loss at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

So what aren't they changing?

Dailies? Changing that.

PVP? Fixing that.

Raids? Huge new one.

Valor Points? Easier to get.
    They are not changing dailies, they are nto giving us more dungeons, they are not giving us a real way to earn rep outside of dailies (750 for a single faction a day is crap and you know it), they are not touching CRZ, and i dont know what you mean with valor points easier to get, but they arent even changing old valor gear to justice.

They keep making mistake over mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well just few points-

1. It's Dec sub number, so the current number might be slightly different(whether up or down)
    2. It would be more like -500k, as last time it was 'more than 10mil' which I suspect it to be 10.1~10.2ish.
    Yeah people math seems to be off thinking it was just 400k

Huh, subs are down. Surely this means that all the folks who left did so because they agree with MY complaints about the game.

No, seriously.. these sub threads, and player expectations that get generated from them, are a great example of why this company and others like it shouldn't be publicly traded.

10+ Year Old Account
    400k in one quarter is a rather big loss, saying "it's nothing" puts you in the same boat as the people who were saying "2 million lost with ease" imo.

The gap between Firelands and DS was, what, 5 or 6 months?

People were still finishing up the first Tier, and moving into Firelands which was INSANELY difficult for most, along with the fact it stagnated progression.

When DS came along a lot of people were still wrapping of Firelands or enjoying Molten Front.

4.3 was looked at as an amazing patch for a few reasons:

1. Transmog.

2. New Raid that was made to sound epic.

3. 3 New Dungeons.

That enticed a lot of people.

But after DS and Cata, a lot of people felt betrayed and were just burnt out of the game.

It's to be expected that those people, while some of them tried out Mists and didn't like it, would leave again, or more would.

Even I was expecting a loss at this point.

Cata launch has 600k loss, and MoP has over 400k (we dont know the exact number). So far, its pretty close to Cataclysm, which was a complete failure, whether you like it or not. And MoP had a lot of exiting things too, the problem is that 4.3 stuff did entertained lost opf people, and MoP didnt entertained enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Gentlemen, fasten your seat belts. It's about to get really scary in 5.3 and 5.4. A few changes I'm certain we'll see going forward into even 6.0.

1. Expansion of the LF system. This seems to be the future for getting people to see the content. Expect an LFBG update and extending LFR to at least normal mode.

2. Four tiers in MoP. If this is the fallout from just a few months without a new tier, imagine the damage a year would do. If Blizz wasn't already planning it, they're in the war room today planning out the tier between ToT and SoO.

3. More free gear. They tried VP, it didn't work. They tried dailies, it didn't work. Expect them to try something else entirely when it comes to gearing up your character. It may even be so easy as just farming heroic 5-mans. Or even doing solo questlines.

4. Expansion V will be big. MoP is at best stagnant, at worse it's failing. Blizz really will have one final saving throw later this year when they reveal Expansion V. If it fails to support the subscriber base, expect Blizz to start giving up on keeping WoW from losing players.

5. A lot more player interaction. SoE recently introduced a voting system for features in Planetside 2. Expect to see similar coming to WoW in the future.

I'm afraid WoW is officially entering it's decline. And nothing Blizzard can do will save the game. The community is too big, too greedy, and too against itself to possibly survive.
    Agreed, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

DS launch had 0 sub loss and was considered a failure, MoP launch quarter has over 400k, and its fine?
    You're comparing a patch to an expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    You're in denial if you don't think over 400k in just a few months with content is hemorrhaging subs and a troubling ordeal. But hey, this is #1 fanboy central. Can't ask you to actually be reasonable.
    It's a fansite for World of Warcraft. What do you expect, that we should all hate and bash the game all day long? I don't consider this to be much of a loss and I don't see that it would have virtually any impact on my play experience. I haven't noticed a change in queue times, I haven't had problems finding groups for PvP, I haven't had issues leveling, and the sub loss isn't even close to a hemorrhage by any means. If they lost 1m, maybe.

Oh come the fuck on are you really gonna rely on this? YOu think the developers feel like that? I sure as hell hope they fucking don't. Does nobody in that company have a fucking idea? Nobody have anything new or remotely interesting to add to the game? Is it just doomed to die out and never get an rejuvenation?
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-07 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Its 8 years old its impossible for it not to be by now. But its a very slow decline that could jumps back up aswell.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawcult View Post
    Looks like adding boring ass dailies helped a lot. Lollol.
    9.6 million people still playing and running those dailies. They must be doing something right.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are not changing dailies, they are nto giving us more dungeons, they are not giving us a real way to earn rep outside of dailies (750 for a single faction a day is crap and you know it), they are not touching CRZ, and i dont know what you mean with valor points easier to get, but they arent even changing old valor gear to justice.

They keep making mistake over mistake.
    What would you change? Let's get some productive ideas here.

Would you make raid-level gear drop in 5-mans? Would you introduce a new tier every 3 months instead of 6?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)