Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Reason*

Don't pine this into excuses. They're a company of mature adults, not 4 year olds who set a plant on fire and lied about it.
    It's a valid reason/excuse in the current economy.

I could spend $10 a month to see a movie, or spend $15 a month to grind dailies, or spend $30 a month on a super cool cable hookup that can livestream me events like blizzcon. Hell, even in gaming right now I could plop down a one-time fee of $30 and have just about any game I wanted from Steam.

On that Steam note, I've been having a lot of fun with Garry's Mod. And that's a 1-time fee of $10.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    What is your question? You have an impeccable talent for replying insanely quickly to something.
    Ah, my bad. I'm procrastinating doing my stupid Argument Analysis paper for my Writing Analysis class so I'm kinda using this thread as my source of procrastination.

I asked why do you vehemently hate WoW so much. It just sounds like you want it to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Dailies are a lot more fun than grinding the same old dungeons for more fire resisitance gear

10+ Year Old Account
    As you say, Alastair: Refer to post 854.
    like i said before the 8 yr old game is a poor excuse. The game has gotten many updates and revamp over them 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    like i said before the 8 yr old game is a poor excuse. The game has gotten many updates and revamp over them 8 years
    If you can't understand the points I've made then I have no use in arguing it with you. Vice versa with my opinion towards the points you're professing.

Not a big deal: opinions differ. :P

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    5 minutes before this post you posted about all the cool stuff that Rift was doing compared to WoW. Now you're hyperventilating about not giving a rats ass about other games.
    Yea because I want BLIZZARD to be as innovative and add shit to their game like the others do so that this whole GAME IS OLD EXCUSE BULLSHIT can die on the fucking table. I don't care to compare sub numbers between them because world of warcraft is a freak of nature in sub number terms and can only really be compared to itself. I mean if you guys REALLY REALLY need to defend your game and by extension your apparent ego then by all means continue to laugh at the competition while Blizzard bleeds subs. It serves you no good though.

Deleted
    Did you ignore that the game is 8 years old and Cata caused a lot of subscribers to leave and never want to return on purpose?
    The game was old when it was new. The art stands the test of time, and Blizz could upgrade the graphics if they wanted. They have the money to do it.

I didn't like Cata either. It was a cheap expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Weak compared to content form 4 years ago. Strong compared to content from 1 year ago.
    Perhaps. But it's still going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    But right in line what I said: WOW 2012 has to compete within a complete different industry than in 2009/2010.

Free to play
    A game industry that lost 23% in revenue per year.
    Other markets and gaming trends.

These are far more important than a quest.
    WoW only has to compete with them because graphics don't matter anymore. But they will improve dramatically when the next generation arrives.

That doesn't mean that Blizz are free to create a terrible game. People will leave if the game sucks too, as Cataclysm proved. Cataclysm was terrible compared to Wrath.

diablo 3 best selling game

if only we had known what the game was really like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    You could que for raids as a group in swtor. Rift to I think.
    No, you can't. There is no raid queue in SWTOR or Rift.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could que for raids as a group in swtor. Rift to I think.

No you can't

I asked why do you vehemently hate WoW so much. It just sounds like you want it to fail.
    I don't hate it at all. I like WoW, I have my bouts of no interest to interest in the game like most people. I just find this a fascinating topic and like to go in-depth to why they are losing subs, if my posts sound like they have vitriol in them, it's not totally my intention. (Well, calling people fanboys is stupid but it's frustrating seeing people completely missing something obvious)

What I want more than anything is to see this game become massively different. It's not realistic now, but could be down the road. Wow 2 ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    Morhaime just said "majority of the loss is from China"; which suprised me a lot.
    This is consistent with the permabanned fellow who posted here last year, pretending to be a former Blizzard employee. He said WoW was doing badly in China.

Overall, if they lost China subs, and retained western subs, they must be pretty happy. China subs deliver very little $$$ to Blizzard compared to western subs.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I don't hate it at all. I like WoW, I have my bouts of no interest to interest in the game like most people. I just find this a fascinating topic and like to go in-depth to why they are losing subs, if my posts sound like they have vitriol in them, it's not totally my intention.

What I want more than anything is to see this game become massively different. It's not realistic now, but could be down the road. Wow 2 ain't happening.
    Mmkay. My apologies, then. I was just curious.

Some things on these forums can tend to come off the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, YOU are comparing WoW to WoW because you somehow thinks that validates your argument that MoP is bad.

They have gained more revenue.
    They increased in MMORPG-marketshare.
    They lost less percentage than any competition.

It's a win.
    It can't and shouldn't be seen as anything other than a win.
    No YOU can't see it as anything else other than a win because you've now tied yourself so fucking much to the company that you may as well be an amoeba. I can assure that the developers are worried and not resting their laurels on the basis that Kangodo the forum poster is convinced that only loosing 400k subs is a "win". Hell maybe they are would explain alot.

What's funny is I had so many people on so many forums tell me they had added more grind to the game to appeal to the chinese...
    Which, of course, makes no sense at all, since the Chinese pay by the hour. Grindy = more expensive for them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    No, you can't. There is no raid queue in SWTOR or Rift.
    Yes their is. I can que for EV and Karrags palace story mode. Eventually the newer ones to I think. Maybe even EC by now.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    diablo 3 best selling game

if only we had known what the game was really like

Most of those sales were after people already called it a flop.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:13 PM ----------

Yes their is. I can que for EV and Karrags palace story mode. Eventually the newer ones to I think. Maybe even EC by now.

I'm currently subbed to SW:TOR. I have not seen this feature. Mind telling me how I find it?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    The game was old when it was new. The art stands the test of time, and Blizz could upgrade the graphics if they wanted. They have the money to do it.

I didn't like Cata either. It was a cheap expansion.

Perhaps. But it's still going backwards.

WoW only has to compete with them because graphics don't matter anymore. But they will improve dramatically when the next generation arrives.

That doesn't mean that Blizz are free to create a terrible game. People will leave if the game sucks too, as Cataclysm proved. Cataclysm was terrible compared to Wrath.
    We really cannot get much further in graphics at this point unless we go to holograms.

And even then, MMOs that actually want to be open-world have to be behind the graphics curve or there'd have to be an independent loading screen for each zone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    4 big titles in 2012? I must have missed 2 Blizzard titles then ...
    You are aware of the Activision part of Activision Blizzard... Aren't you?

I just want to point this out:

Just so people know, 9 million people don't even get to 90. 9 million copies of MoP haven't even been sold :x

So judging this based on the content of MoP end-game is very odd... because only a small number have seen it!

Remember these facts:

Not everyone raids. A small minority raids. Judging anything about sales based on raiding is bad at best.

Not everyone reaches the end cap and not everyone owns the expansion. Infact, more don't than do.