Computer help needed

Alright so I made a post earlier picking between 2 certain computers and decided that since some of the posts said to just build your own.. I will if some people here can give me some tips on how to do it and maybe some websites to build a good computer for 600-800 dollar range. So maybe run me through the steps on how to do it and help me out show me a good 600-800 dollar computer I make myself I dont need anything big I would like something that could run WoW on high or ultra settings though if possible. Thank you sorry for grammar english is not a first language

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls

is all you need to build the computer.

I'm sure someone else will post a pcbuilder link; I'm lazy

Hoping someone will show me how to pick the right peices to make a good computer for a cheap price because otherwise I dont know what to get

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 01:44 AM ----------

Sorry for a bump but I really would like some help

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need a monitor or OS? Any parts that can be pulled from the old/current system?

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:11 PM ----------

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($79.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Wintec One 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($30.95 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $765.84
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

A few changes. You can drop down to an i5-3470, or even an i3-3220, and fit in an SSD. If you don't need an OS, you can drop that. Or if you don't mind Win8, that can be had for $40.

I do not need a monitor mouse keyboard or anything but what I do want to know do I have to order all this from different websites and is there a way to have it prebuilt.. I dont really know how to build one and I would hate to break it

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know of any place that will pre-build individual parts. You pretty much either just buy a prebuilt system (from ibuypower or cyberpc or whatever), however expect to pay $150-200 extra for shipping and labor, and less selection and customization. You mentioned you were going to build it, so I figured that was the case.

A lot of people say "It's a great learning experience" but personally, sometimes it's a bit risky to 'learn' on an $800 piece of hardware. I know quite a few people who have screwed up in the process of learning, so it's up to you.

If you definitely don't want to build it, it may be better to contact a local computer place and ask them what it would cost to build the system for you once you get the parts. Usually that won't charge more than like $60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I don't know of any place that will pre-build individual parts. You pretty much either just buy a prebuilt system (from ibuypower or cyberpc or whatever), however expect to pay $150-200 extra for shipping and labor, and less selection and customization. You mentioned you were going to build it, so I figured that was the case.

A lot of people say "It's a great learning experience" but personally, sometimes it's a bit risky to 'learn' on an $800 piece of hardware. I know quite a few people who have screwed up in the process of learning, so it's up to you.

If you definitely don't want to build it, it may be better to contact a local computer place and ask them what it would cost to build the system for you once you get the parts. Usually that won't charge more than like $60.
    How can you possibly mess up building a computer. Unless you do something stupid and destroy your motherboard socket by hitting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    How can you possibly mess up building a computer. Unless you do something stupid and destroy your motherboard socket by hitting it.
    The most common things are not putting in the brass risers, not putting in the 12v CPU power, or not securing the CPU heatsink correctly. Of course, other stuff goes wrong, but I'm assuming that you say that from the standpoint of someone who knows how to do it. Can you build a car from the ground up? It's all just pieces that go together. I'm sure a car mechanic could ask the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The most common things are not putting in the brass risers, not putting in the 12v CPU power, or not securing the CPU heatsink correctly. Of course, other stuff goes wrong, but I'm assuming that you say that from the standpoint of someone who knows how to do it. Can you build a car from the ground up? It's all just pieces that go together. I'm sure a car mechanic could ask the same thing.
    LOL funny thing is a year or so ago, i forgot the Brass risers, and i was wondering why my computer couldn't turn on, took me a day to realize my GPU wasn't in all the way, so then i realized i should higher the motherboard... i forgot something, o ya, wonder what these brass things are

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Pretty easy to mess up building a computer, for a first timer, they probably don't know were ANYTHING actually fits in the mother board, probably have to watch youtube videos. I mean you could break your motherboard screwing it in to hard, you could press to hard on your gpu trying to get it in, get super hot temps because of putting on the CPU heatsink. I mean i remember a thread on overclockers, were someone couldn't figure out why his computer would keep shutting off. He didn't know what thermal paste was. (He bought cpu off of craigslist so no pre thermal paste).
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Nvidia GTX 1080 ASUS STRIX OC | MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming 5 | 16GB Cosair Vengence 2400 | 128GB Vertex 4 |3TB Seagate Barracuda | AX750 | Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | H110I Extreme Cooler | ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5 IPS | AOC 1080p | Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech g600 | Sennheiser HD558

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider myself a veteran builder (I've probably built well over 3000 systems over the past 10 years) but... We all gotta start somewhere. I think the first system I actually bought parts for, and built from the ground up was a Celeron 800 system. I actually think it's still running somewhere, or is at least in a functional state somewhere up in Canada.

Anyway, yeah. Forgot the brass risers, after checking "everything" I finally determined it was a bad board, and sent it back. The company charged me $30 and sent it back saying it was fine. I suppose it's better than actually damaging anything doing something wrong... But we all make mistakes sometimes, somewhere. Nobody starts out a Pro.