High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

600 Skinning at Level 84 possible?

Would love to hear how. Near as I can tell you can't get to panda land at this level. Are there ways to overcome this? (note: i don't plan to ding 85, but want 600 skinnging)

Find a mage to cast http://www.wowhead.com/spell=132620 (vale of eternal blossoms) Go to your respective faction's shrine, have someone out of group kill beasts for you, skin the corpses.

It's possible if you're willing to level strictly through the Darkmoon quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    It's possible if you're willing to level strictly through the Darkmoon quest.
    That would work also. Just would take months.

only way i'd think that you could do it would be to catch a portal to the alliance / horde capital city, then have someone with a two seater fly ya around. that's *IF* there isn't a lvl req for pandaran skinning of course.

You can be summoned in.

The entire vale will be phased for you at 84 so you can't use those mobs. I did it 85 on a super scrubby alt by going to the Nessingwary area of Valley and leeching skins off the quest killing other people were doing for most of my points, then went to Kun Lai and killed the mountain goats for the last 10 points. I needed to log between my main and my skinner to actually get them killed though. It was time consuming but it worked.

There's a bunch of Scarabs in Dead Waste that can be skinned, those can be used by low levels to reach 600 skinning easily. (Haven't tried since 5.1 so need confirmation).

My 85 Blood DK used a combination of Turtles in Four Winds, Goats in Kun Lai and Scarabs in Dread Waste in order to reach 600. Being a tank spec, I was able to get there without assistance, despite the crappy gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    You can be summoned in.

The entire vale will be phased for you at 84 so you can't use those mobs. I did it 85 on a super scrubby alt by going to the Nessingwary area of Valley and leeching skins off the quest killing other people were doing for most of my points, then went to Kun Lai and killed the mountain goats for the last 10 points. I needed to log between my main and my skinner to actually get them killed though. It was time consuming but it worked.
    Fair enough. Addendum to my plan, get a player with a 2 person flying mount to take you to jade forest after you get portaled to the vale, and proceed with the killing out of group/skinning.

I did it at 80. It wasn't hard at all.

First get summoned to your Faction Shrine in Vale. REMEMBER TO SET YOUR HEARTHSTONE THERE! Have a friend with a 2-person mount pick you up there and fly you to Valley. Have them mass kill those quick respawning turtles in that pond area west of Pang's Stead. Turn loot Free for All then he an just spam AoE and you can loot/skin until they aren't granting any skillups.

The last 20 or so points are hard. There used to be a ton of mobs in Dread Wastes that had low health and were skinnable, scorpids etc, but that was nerfed. So they will have to fly you around an kill full size scorpions or mushan or whatever. This takes a lot longer because all the red mobs will aggro your 80 ass constantly.

It's worth noting you can get out of Vale by yourself. Just run to the gate at the very west end of the Vale, and die. You will rez at the Dread Wastes graveyard over the wall. Spirit rez and head for the southern coast. Expect a few deaths but hug the wall until you end up at a graveyard in Valley. From there run to a flight point like Halfhill and you can always escape from Vale by flying out. You did remember to set your hearthstone to your faction shrine, right?