WOL vs Epeen Bot

Looking at raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/korgath/kylesmom/ for Protectors of the Endless 10N on the latest parse, the player hit 101k and is just barely over the 75th percentile. But going over to worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8flxki1gyet2rlg6/rankinfo/ and seeing the rank limit of 85k makes me wonder which is more accurate to determine how well you're performing against all others of the same class/spec.

The lowest DPS for top 200 is around 104k. Being in the top 200, I'd assume is close to the 95th percentile.

I know that normal mode parses are very weak to look at, but I figured it wouldn't matter in my issue.

TL;DR: WOL's ranks or Epeen Bot's percentile?

Edit: Couldn't post links, so you're going to have to copy paste the text.

Edit2: I see now that the guild is premium, so its extremely easy to get ranked. This answers all my questions...
    Last edited by cheami; 2013-01-19 at 06:59 AM.

Percentile on epeenbot is for overall dps not just your spec. Go by WoL top 200.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Percentile on epeenbot is for overall dps not just your spec. Go by WoL top 200.
    The y-axis changes depending on the class/spec chosen.

e-peen bot.

There are some fights where i'm not ranking, but still over 90%, and there are some fights where i'm only ranking because not many have completed the encounters in the spec that was chosen for the strategy.

I wonder how the premium additional ranking spots works. Seems kinda cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by cheami View Post
    Being in the top 200, I'd assume is close to the 95th percentile.
    This assumption is not always correct. Epeenbot's percentile is based on class/spec/boss for the specific raid week. There probably aren't a lot of guilds still killing normal non-elite AND uploading their logs.

I personally would say that neither tool is perfect or better. I like epeenbot, but if someone doing enough to rank but has a low percentile, that's not very good. On the other hand, if you do really well one week and get a very high parse, but are never able to repeat it, WOL rank isn't going to be very accurate either.

Use both when comparing a player. But don't forget most of these fights can be "cheesed" or "padded" on

Quote Originally Posted by Thorazyn View Post
    I wonder how the premium additional ranking spots works. Seems kinda cheesy.
    If you get in the top 200 you get a star next to your name. After that, spots #200 to #300 are only for premium members. So you could have been ranked 500 (which won't actually show up on the top 200 list) but if there are only 4 other premium members above you that are between spots #200 to #500 you'll be rank #205.

As with all things WoL it only records your highest parse for the top 200 (or 300 if you're premium). So if one week you get a #5, then every week after that you get between 50-500, only your #5 will show up on the top 200
    Last edited by Balfous; 2013-01-19 at 05:10 PM.

They are both good to see how well you are VS everyone else playing the same class as you.

If you rank on WoL it is a nice thing but only lets you see where you sit with those people between 1-200, and what exact amount of dps you need to rank higher.
    Epeenbots, however shows where you sit even if you DON'T rank. Therefore allowing you to see where you are and how much you need to improve.

I personally use Epeenbots more to judge where my potential recruits and my current raiders sit for their class. But use WoL to see if they are playing their class correct. (proper spell use and count, etc)