Thread: New Frog Model

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    want new sheep and cows please maybe new elder big models too

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the new lookin frog.. but im still wondering.. why are there no ducks? i mean how am i sposed to tell if somebody is a witch, without a duck to weigh them with?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    frogs look better than players

Deleted
    Seriously, it is a big deal. Any time I saw frog I was shocked at how... wtf the model was. Where was the face in that? The game did really need this.

Deleted
    People often underestimate the power of animations. Yes, old frog has like 4 polygons, but simple, yet well-done animations make it feel like frog. Even if it was just green square, you could instantly tell it's a frog when it jumps around... like a frog. Same thing goes to bunnies in WoW, if you look picture of them, they look like crumbled cardboard shooting target but when you see it scratch itself and washing it's TINY FURRY NOSE :333 even filthy casual can identify it as a bunny.

These subtle changes when added over time will make the game a lot nicer to look at. That old model is just terrible. I'm sure many people are looking forward to new character models. When watching some of the cut scenes in pandaria with the old orc model mixed with new ones it just looks weird..

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Yup yup. Frog models were among the biggest issues in the game. Way to go, Blizz - always fixing the important stuff first.
    Because an artist(s) can't have a side project to do in his/her/their own time to put in the game?
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Because an artist(s) can't have a side project to do in his/her/their own time to put in the game?
    That frog couldn't have taken all that long to produce, it's still a tiny model. We're not talking about redoing a race here.

On the subject of Artist workloads, I wonder if they're already starting to work on simple models (plants, rocks, maybe some buildings) for next expansion....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Gief frog mount :<

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    That frog couldn't have taken all that long to produce, it's still a tiny model. We're not talking about redoing a race here.

On the subject of Artist workloads, I wonder if they're already starting to work on simple models (plants, rocks, maybe some buildings) for next expansion....
    I dare to say that not even the rigging team QA that, but a programming tech might have checked if the new mesh was acting properly with the old frog skeleton. That frog can be done in half-a-day, being the texture the most challenging part.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mo models,mo problems.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

It's awesome, I hope Blizzard will make more and more new models for old "minecraft-like-models"(I mean models which are outdated, like this frog). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Yup yup. Frog models were among the biggest issues in the game. Way to go, Blizz - always fixing the important stuff first.
    TIL artists fix bugs.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Players really want new character models.

Better make new frog models!

:-) I never realized how awful the old one was. Good too see that they are fixing up some of the things that are truly outrageou-

I mean outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Being an opinion doesn't make something better, even over subjective examples. Too often do people hide behind unreasonable BS using the excuse that's it's an opinion they're entitled to, as if it makes them not unreasonable BS.
    doesn't make it worse. doesn't make it complaining. too often people hide behind group consensus and fear from believing otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    frogs look better than players
    redoing the model of the frog also takes immensely less time than the players.

Player models are in the work at least we know that

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Holy shit, I'm in love.

10+ Year Old Account
    *looks at his tauren/ undead/ gnome/ dwarf/ human/ nelf/ orc/ troll and crys*

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    People often underestimate the power of animations. Yes, old frog has like 4 polygons, but simple, yet well-done animations make it feel like frog. Even if it was just green square, you could instantly tell it's a frog when it jumps around... like a frog. Same thing goes to bunnies in WoW, if you look picture of them, they look like crumbled cardboard shooting target but when you see it scratch itself and washing it's TINY FURRY NOSE :333 even filthy casual can identify it as a bunny.
    No real point in pointing this out to people who don't get the whole impressionistic art style. You're supposed to look at it from a distance because it's kind of neat how your mind fills in the details. Some people are just too literal in their thinking maybe, or maybe a night with me could change their minds, with high heels and a pink bow in my beard.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    doesn't make it worse. doesn't make it complaining. too often people hide behind group consensus and fear from believing otherwise.
    Plenty of it is complaining, straight up unreasonable whining that is presented as fact. All the post said you responded to was people will complain. For all you know they were talking about the obvious bitching this community is notorious for. You want to defend that kind of whining? You already seem to be, so I'll just leave you to that. As if this community has a problem with too many people praising Blizzard, lol.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going the right way with the new models of everything, i hope the rest will be this awesome aswell!