S13 vs S13 Elite iLvl?

I am confused by what blizz announced a few days ago. This season, there was not an ilvl difference between regular malev armor and elite malev gear. However, it seemed to me they are saying that the elite tyrannical gear will have a higher ilvl than the regular tyrannical gear? Did I interpret that incorrectly? If it is a higher ilvl, then I would assume it would come with a higher cost.

Weapons? Idk.

Here is the quote from their pvp announcement that is confusing me, does not seem to be just wpns:

In terms of relative power, we’re tuning the item levels, PvP Power, and Resilience on the new set of PvP items so that the difference between Malevolent and Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear is similar to the relationship between this season’s Dreadful and Malevolent Gladiator’s gear. This helps accomplish the goal of smoothing out the power curve by adding a tier in the middle of the PvP gear spectrum. Also, to add choices and flexibility, once the seasonal currency requirement is met, players will have the option to purchase Tyrannical pieces for Honor, which should allow players to more easily experiment with alternate stat loadouts and specs.

I believe I saw this on WoWInsider.

Dreadful is 458
    Malev is 476
    Tyran is 493
    Elite Tyran is 515

And some stream I watched(don't remember who, some arena 'god') said it would take roughly 54k Conq to get a full set of Elite Tyran, first having to hit the 27k Conq cap, then more conq to buy it all.

And those numbers you saw were for armor and not just the weapon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I believe I saw this on WoWInsider.

Dreadful is 458
    Malev is 476
    Tyran is 493
    Elite Tyran is 515

And some stream I watched(don't remember who, some arena 'god') said it would take roughly 54k Conq to get a full set of Elite Tyran, first having to hit the 27k Conq cap, then more conq to buy it all.
    1. Do only the weapons have that ilevel or the entire set? Because if it is the entire set people would be forced to buy TWO sets in one season. Even with an RBG cap of around 2,2k this would around 12-14 weeks and that doesn't even include upgrades and such. Most likely the figure would be higher then what you said here. It would be pretty much impossible with the current cap to attain that.

2. If the Set is of a higher ilevel, is it included in the whole "buyable for honor once 27k are reached". Because then the best option would be to not get anything but the weapons and wait till you can buy the elite set pooling conquest points till then. If it's buyable for honor once you reach 27k it's the only real option to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by pyg View Post
    And those numbers you saw were for armor and not just the weapon?
    I believe so, here is the link: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/18/pa...aring-changes/

But looking at Wowhead on the armory, it seems to be different. Some numbers are lower, some are higher. So not really sure where WoWInsider got its info. But it doesn't go with what they said, with the difference between Dreadful and Malevolent. Right now, its a 25ilvl between Dread anf Malev, so the Elite Tyran should be around 497. I dunno.. *scratches head*

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    1. Do only the weapons have that ilevel or the entire set? Because if it is the entire set people would be forced to buy TWO sets in one season. Even with an RBG cap of around 2,2k this would around 12-14 weeks and that doesn't even include upgrades and such. Most likely the figure would be higher then what you said here. It would be pretty much impossible with the current cap to attain that.

2. If the Set is of a higher ilevel, is it included in the whole "buyable for honor once 27k are reached". Because then the best option would be to not get anything but the weapons and wait till you can buy the elite set pooling conquest points till then. If it's buyable for honor once you reach 27k it's the only real option to stay competitive.
    Okay let me look at everything on WoWhead.

Malevolent: Set gear is 476, weapons are 470
    Tyranical: Set gear is 496, weapons are 483
    Elite Tyranical: Set gear is 496, weapons are 503

And I have no idea if Eltie is included in that Honor cap catch up system, but Im gonna guess no.

And remember, this is just a bunch of hearsay right now. I did read from GC that 2200+ players get special cosmetic rewards/enchants though!

Yeah I saw that now too, does not seem to be consistent. The s13 elite wpns are higher ilvl and have a higher dps and stats. Some of the s13 elite armor has high ilvl than the regular s13, but that stats are the same...

Quote Originally Posted by pyg View Post
    Yeah I saw that now too, does not seem to be consistent. The s13 elite wpns are higher ilvl and have a higher dps and stats. Some of the s13 elite armor has high ilvl than the regular s13, but that stats are the same...
    Yeah, its funky. I dont think they have all the ilvls set in stone yet, so might be why its funky. *shrugs*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I believe so, here is the link: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/18/pa...aring-changes/

But looking at Wowhead on the armory, it seems to be different. Some numbers are lower, some are higher. So not really sure where WoWInsider got its info. But it doesn't go with what they said, with the difference between Dreadful and Malevolent. Right now, its a 25ilvl between Dread anf Malev, so the Elite Tyran should be around 497. I dunno.. *scratches head*

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 05:00 PM ----------

Okay let me look at everything on WoWhead.

Malevolent: Set gear is 476, weapons are 470
    Tyranical: Set gear is 496, weapons are 483
    Elite Tyranical: Set gear is 496, weapons are 503

And I have no idea if Eltie is included in that Honor cap catch up system, but Im gonna guess no.

And remember, this is just a bunch of hearsay right now. I did read from GC that 2200+ players get special cosmetic rewards/enchants though!
    I actually think it is, if the Elite is purely cosmectical it most likely ends up being buyable by exchanging your old gear for it and that would mean you could buy it with honor 100%. The only thing worth investing conquest points into would be the new weapon because you'd need it to exchange it for the T2 anyway.

And he never said anything about enchants but he said that they want to add more vanity to PvP in general (didn't say anything about 2,2k), personally I'm all in favor of that. More tabards, more titles, more mounts and maybe even pets would be nice.