Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Bulgarian politician Ahmet Dogan, nearly assassinated.

Yeah so I just watched this video:

And was wondering what the hell is happening here? Does anyone know why someone is trying to kill him?
    Last edited by Pum; 2013-01-19 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was insane.

Kinda surprised that once the guy was subdued, everyone seemed to want to get a few punches and kicks in though.

Also, if you're going to be an assassin, you should probably learn how to use a gun first.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

And was wondering what the hell is happening here? Does anyone know why someone is trying to kill him?
    According to wikipedia:

He is Turkish
    He is a Sunni Muslim
    His party, of which he is chairman, represents the interests of the Turkish minority in Bulgaria.

It could have been some sort of neo-nazi wanting to make a point/get famous. He was wearing the right get-up for that kind of person. All speculation on my part though.

Deleted
    A man jumped on stage and pointed a gun at the leader of Bulgaria's ethnic Turkish party before security guards wrestled him to the ground during a televised conference on Saturday.
    From this Youtube link description.

In your link people seem to speculate about some Akata their referring to. Google isn't really helping me.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-3045...n-attempt.html
    Some news sources said the attacker even fired the gun but the gun luckily jammed.
    He was very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That was insane.

Kinda surprised that once the guy was subdued, everyone seemed to want to get a few punches and kicks in though.

Also, if you're going to be an assassin, you should probably learn how to use a gun first.
    Yeah it's crazy, just beating the shit out of him.

So i'm guessing that guy is now dead..

Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    From this Youtube link description.

In your link people seem to speculate about some Akata their referring to. Google isn't really helping me.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-3045...n-attempt.html
    He was very lucky.
    That article says that the political party Dogan is the chairman of has been the target of racist rhetoric for many years now.

Another possibility is that this was a publicity stunt to draw attention to his political views and party. Not saying this was the case, but there is a possibility, especially since the gun did not fire.

(Yes, I am a cynical sort of bastard)

Man that politician was lucky.

Anyone else laugh when the politician tried to hit the guy and he fell down and did a roll off the stage?

It says "DPS" on his desk, but he's a talented tank.

And that attacker is probably the worst "assassin" I've ever seen, and I've seen... not many.

Two things: it definitely sounds like he pulled the trigger but it didn't fire (I seem to hear a click).

And the assassin says: "YOLO" at 0:37.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, that's because they're all in the same party, it was a party meeting. The assassination target is the leader and they represent the interests of the Turkish minority so it slightly makes sense that they'd want to beat someone who has a problem with liberals trying to get rights for minorities. Still surprised about it though.

Everyone punching / kicking while the guy is subdued is yelling Turkish by the way. No idea what happened in the slightest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe the fucking gun jammed. That's seriously insane footage.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    That had so much potential.

Why was he being assassinated? From what everyone in here is saying, he sounds like his party is Pro Turkish, right? I wouldn't want a political party in my country like that, imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Darksideblues42 View Post
    Another possibility is that this was a publicity stunt to draw attention to his political views and party. Not saying this was the case, but there is a possibility, especially since the gun did not fire.

(Yes, I am a cynical sort of bastard)
    Possibly, but it doesn't show the politicians in the same party in a positive light either when a load of them are kicking him

I gotta say there was a lot of fail on the assassin part. He had one job...

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    That had so much potential.

Why was he being assassinated? From what everyone in here is saying, he sounds like his party is Pro Turkish, right? I wouldn't want a political party in my country like that, imho...
    Nothing wrong with people wanting some say in the political process; that is what democracy is all about.

Deleted
    Hey, long time lurker here...Never felt like posting anything. Just now registered so I can shed some light on the situation.
    I'm Bulgarian and in the vid you're seeing is indeed the chairman of "DPS" a political party composed of mostly the Turkish minority.
    This Happened today on their annual meeting.
    The "assassin" is also Turkish
    As of yet there has been no official statement or info on why he attacked him.
    The gun was a "gas gun" and it misfired. Most of the people here think the whole thing was staged being election year and all.
    And yeah the beating they gave him was quite severe and at least from my stand point not necessary.

Edit: To the gentleman who made the DPS/Tank joke. I fell under my desk laughing.
    Last edited by mmoc981b05321a; 2013-01-19 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is...

HOLY CRAP! That would scared the hell out of me.