Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    Now we need to test again and see if kick can apply poisons (it did at one point, when it had a damage component)
    In current PTR build kick still costs 10 energy.
    Did at least 10 focus-kicks with envenom buff, 0 poison procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    its just almost everyone on my team is able to interrupt our tanks our hunter mage shaman there is no need for me to interrupt just if someone fucked up i do it
    Mechanic of heroic fights is different. Not to mention that you not interrupting current target during Protectors HC and Wind Lord HC (focus-interrupting instead).
    Last edited by Mazius; 2013-01-20 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Monks is 5 and also is a 4 second silence if used from the front. Feral is 4 but is a mini charge and spells cost 25% more mana for 10 seconds. Idc about feral, but if monks get an energy free silence, then I want the energy cost of dismantle removed. I mean monks have would have a free silence and disarm and our disarm is 25 energy and we don't have a silence.
    Garrote? Pretty sure silence is a silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazius View Post
    In current PTR build kick still costs 10 energy.
    Did at least 10 focus-kicks with envenom buff, 0 poison procs.
    Were they on interrupt-immune targets?
    As recently as DS poisons could proc from kick if the target wasn't flagged as interrupt-immune.

This is a welcome change!

Looking forward to knowing that whenever I use my Kick ability, regardless of what I'm doing or how much energy I have, it will go off.

I got spoiled by the free interrupts warriors and death knights got this expansion; So come 5.2, I will be interrupting the shit out of everything just because it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Garrote? Pretty sure silence is a silence.
    We have a silence that we can get at the expense of other moves which isn't free and has a very specific set of requirements (far harder to meet than being in front). You are giving up an ambush/cheap shot as your payment for that garrote. Theirs is free. And before you try to counter with something like their payment is their interrupt cooldown, that can only apply a portion of the time at most because if they were kicking a spell they already used that cooldown (and yes there is absolutely a benefit to spell locking and silencing some one). But ok yeah, technically we have one if we give up something else for it.

Edit: Initially misunderstood the section you had an issue with in the quote.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-01-20 at 10:30 AM.

Kick needs to do damage again. How could it not hurt to be kicked in the face?
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Kick needs to do damage again. How could it not hurt to be kicked in the face?
    Kick needs imp kick baseline if monk kick becomes free, the damage was trivial and who says its a kick to the face? Could be like a kick to the shin, just enough to mess with their concentration and mess up their spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be playing my rogue again soon, nice to see something come along that is way overdue!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Were they on interrupt-immune targets?
    As recently as DS poisons could proc from kick if the target wasn't flagged as interrupt-immune.
    Raider's training dummies is inperrupt-immune.
    Regular training dummies are not. Tested it on regular dummies.

Deleted
    I don't see Kick being a free ability on PTR atm, I hope they aren't only going to make the feral kick free, and leave the rogue kick at 10 energy cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    I don't see Kick being a free ability on PTR atm, I hope they aren't only going to make the feral kick free, and leave the rogue kick at 10 energy cost.
    Might be an unreleased change. Who knows. They do seem to intend to make it free, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    After 40 years in the wilderness it's about freaking time! I love the paragraph explaining the change as well...It's so vindicating to hear the devs echo the arguments we've been making for so damn long. I feel like the dev team has all been abducted and replaced with new people who are seeing the game with fresh eyes. So when they see weird stuff they say "well that doesn't make sense" and they change it instead of "oh yea, that's kick...it costs energy...why? Because it does."

Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    They've announced PvP gloves change already, just need to wait for next PTR build.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    its just almost everyone on my team is able to interrupt our tanks our hunter mage shaman there is no need for me to interrupt just if someone fucked up i do it
    Yeah, quite often they will have diffrent jobs (take windlord for instance, most range will be keeping up with their CC, while melee keep up with the interupts). On fights like spirit kings its easy enough that anyone should be able to do it. Mage's interupt is so long that they would only count as half an interupter, is hunter's interupt off the GCD? usually 3 interupters seems to be the magic number for what is needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I was under the impression that kick had an energy cost because it was "unique" in that it gave a 5 second lockout while all other interrupts gave 4. Same with feral's and monk's interrupts having a cost because it had "unique" attachments to it that made it different than a standard interrupt.

Either way its good for rogues but now they have a plain better interrupt then the other melee which I guess isnt a big deal.
    This tier, I have not been assigned to interruping because I was about the only raider in our pool that lost DPS doing so.
    The duration might be important in PvP, but in PvE it is just the interrupt itself that counts. The fact that it was not free made me a less wanted target to do so.

Nice change. Nothing more to say.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Makes you wonder why the hell almost all interupts are free atm except rogue's and feral's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Makes you wonder why the hell almost all interupts are free atm except rogue's and feral's
    And Monk's. All the energy-classes/specs, essentially.