Deleted

Addons fps stutter.

Hello, first of all, i'd like to apologize if i made a thread in wrong section, but since its addon related ill post it here.

I'm getting micro, milisecond fps drops/stutter while doing certain things related to addons. I tried pinpointing it to one single addon causing all of this, but failed, as it happens even with one addon enabled.

Examples: clicking GoGo mount macro (!on the contrary Random Mount Continued doesntgive me any fps drop while clicking it), opening all bags at once in lui, not sure if its related aswell, but im getting major freeze when crossing zones, I remember SW>Elwynn Forest causing wow to stop working but eventually recovering after 8-10 secs.

Tried removing cache, wtf folders to no avail. Any ideas what could be causing it?
    Last edited by mmoc9ea429efa0; 2013-01-18 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    the stutter you experience by moving from one zone to another isnt an addon thing but another of blizzards failures called crz... thats whats make u lag...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the stutter you experience by moving from one zone to another isnt an addon thing but another of blizzards failures called crz... thats whats make u lag...
    Nah I've had that for years. It has nothing to do with CRZ, it can be an addon or it's also possible it has something to do with your sound settings. Because basically the only thing that changes when you switch zones is the music and ambient sounds. You could try to change your sound settings to see if it fixes anything. I've never found a good thread about this on the Blizzard tech support forums unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altam View Post
    Nah I've had that for years.
    yeah right....

Just search the official forum you will see that Blizzard even aknowledge its because of the crap crz...
    same reason why passengers you transport are kicked off every time you zone...

Deleted
    Alright people, let's focus on doing what we can about this issue instead of derailing, shall we?

OP, the first question I'll ask is whether you have the Lua error display enabled. Errors (and handling thereof) are the primary cause of performance degradation, so that would be the first thing to check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah right....

Just search the official forum you will see that Blizzard even aknowledge its because of the crap crz...
    same reason why passengers you transport are kicked off every time you zone...
    I have no reason to lie about it and you have no reason not to believe me, yet you still do exactly that... There are tons of things that can cause this problem besides CRZ and the old threads on the Blizzard forums about this dating back to 2010 (without solutions might I add) support what I said.

Anyway, like Treeston said, back to topic. Have you checked drivers? Are the addons you tested it with up to date?

If it stutters evertime you cross the zone, you could check which exact addon is causing it and then experiment or google for that specific addon with the problem you've mentioned.
    It just seems like those addons are trying to retrieve data and either fail (should give you an error) or load a lot of data at once every time, which is less than optimal. Just like Treeston asked, do you have lua error display enabled?

Using Bagnon, or maybe a similar addon, mousing over items to show their tooltip has a tendency to make my fps drop considerably.

Deleted
    Hey, thanks for the responses.

Nah I've had that for years. It has nothing to do with CRZ, it can be an addon or it's also possible it has something to do with your sound settings. Because basically the only thing that changes when you switch zones is the music and ambient sounds. You could try to change your sound settings to see if it fixes anything. I've never found a good thread about this on the Blizzard tech support forums unfortunately.
    Regarding crz, I guess that might be it, it never happened to me before mop hit, and atm not every crossing zone gives me a freeze, while sw>elwynn does, shatt>terrokar forest doesnt. As for the sound, I tried changing devices from default (which is headphones anyway) to headphones, playing without sound etc. nothing worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Alright people, let's focus on doing what we can about this issue instead of derailing, shall we?

OP, the first question I'll ask is whether you have the Lua error display enabled. Errors (and handling thereof) are the primary cause of performance degradation, so that would be the first thing to check.
    About displaying LUA errors, I enabled them and checked addon that gave me stutters. No error popped up and stutter still occured with only 1 addon enabled.

Anyway, like Treeston said, back to topic. Have you checked drivers? Are the addons you tested it with up to date?
    All my addons are up to date. My graphic drivers are quiet old, from May '12 to be exact, could that be the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Using Bagnon, or maybe a similar addon, mousing over items to show their tooltip has a tendency to make my fps drop considerably.
    LUI's bag addon is quiet similar to Bagnon i think, but in my case what causes my fps to drop/freeze is using open all bags option, if i open one bag by one, i won't get any stutter.

I made a little video showing few issues, i apologize for quality. As you can see, if i pulled more bwl dragonkings i'd get a slideshow of little freezes (only one shown on video, didnt pull enough lol). I remember Dragon Soul dps check fights giving me a headache aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z544C...ature=youtu.be

So I guess its not really addon related, as it happens with each addon enabled one at a time.

The lag when leaving a city is almost 100% CRZ. For the bits you showed in the video. No clue about the macro but the fps drop when you aoe 20 mobs would be nearly impossible to avoid. Cause the game is going from near idle to calculating all the damage for so many mobs at once. You would probably see less of a drop in that situation if the floating combat text was off.