Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is WoW fun on servers that arent dead?

Im playing on server that has only like 20k horde characters active. There is usually only around 20-30 people in orgrimmar, but thats it. No people doing raids, pugs, arena, rbgs, chat is dead, guild is dead. Fuck. I would love to play this game, but its not possible on dead server. Is there a way to get free character transfer or at least try end-game on full server for few days? Maybe the game itself is bad or not for and more active server won't change my mind. If at least I could transfer my herilooms, that could ease leveling pain in post cata zones.

Deleted
    I think my server is even worse than that (Dentarg-EU), even on peak hours there is only like 20 ppl on ogrimmar and there isn't a single 25man raiding guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends some people enjoy a smaller community of players, but if u want to see tons of ppl around yeah the larger servers are much better

10+ Year Old Account
    My server is dead. There's a total of 16 guilds that have done any sort of killing of any bosses this tier if you were to check WoWProgress.

However, earlier this week I did a CRZ LFR with someone on Illidan-US which is a completely packed server and just sitting in Shrine of Two Moons was an eye opening experience for me. There had to be at least 10x as many people just sitting there as there are on my server.

I'd suggest seeing if you can find someone to cross-realm group with on a heavily populated server just so you can try it out for a little bit. You're not going to get any sort of free transfer, but if you check you might either find that you want to pay for a transfer or roll a new character somewhere new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that I don't really raid, I kind of prefer smaller pop servers just so I can kind of have the world be my oyster and farm/quest/whatever however/whenever I want without much intrusion. Of course that's pretty much all gone south now with CRZ which I hate and really wish I could opt out of, but whatever. I doubt they're taking it away or allowing you to opt-out anytime soon, so just have to get used to it no matter how much it sucks and I hate it.

Higher pop servers are doing anything you can imagine pretty much all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matugm View Post
    I think my server is even worse than that (Dentarg-EU), even on peak hours there is only like 20 ppl on ogrimmar and there isn't a single 25man raiding guild.
    Then you should see how Dentarg is on the Alliance side xD

I play on Illidan US, one of, if not the most populated server out there. I honestly wouldn't know what to do if I was on a low pop server, on a huge server like this it is EASY to find groups to do all kinds of shit. There are 60, 70 , and level 80 guilds out there if that's your thing. Hundreds of PvP and PvE guilds, trade chat is always exploding with people LFM.... and one of the best things, if you want a BoE then it's on the AH and you can buy it.

What I think is Blizzard's solutions to low population servers:

1. Free realm transfer.
    2. Cross realm grouping.
    3. Cross realm zones.
    4. Faster expansions.
    5. Ending the Horde and Alliance war.

Deleted
    Silvermoon is very active, you can find some pug for any raid in the middle of the night, and I switched off chat long time ago, there's constant activity there, but also many trolls etc, so I stick with guild one. You need to be Alliance though, Horde side are probably just some bored alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Im playing on server that has only like 20k horde characters active. There is usually only around 20-30 people in orgrimmar, but thats it. No people doing raids, pugs, arena, rbgs, chat is dead, guild is dead. Fuck. I would love to play this game, but its not possible on dead server. Is there a way to get free character transfer or at least try end-game on full server for few days? Maybe the game itself is bad or not for and more active server won't change my mind. If at least I could transfer my herilooms, that could ease leveling pain in post cata zones.
    No it's not fun anymore.
    Save your cash and go buy some games on steam during sales instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    No it's not fun anymore.
    Save your cash and go buy some games on steam during sales instead.
    Why don't you give some reasons why you think it's not fun? Your type of comments don't help the OP in what he's asking.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Why don't you give some reasons why you think it's not fun? Your type of comments don't help the OP in what he's asking.
    1) Check his post history
    2) Notice nothing constructive just plain hate
    3) Pay him no attention

Thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by matugm View Post
    you should see vashj alliance side, /who less than 20 people at some times

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoms View Post
    Then you should see how Dentarg is on the Alliance side xD
    Come to burning steppes eu 3 raiding guilds, less then 15 people in orgrimmar at peak hours. Dead server.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server is more or less the same, there are MAX 200 horde in total online at peak times. There hasn't been a pug since wotlk and trade chat is always silent. I am enjoying myself immensely. I have a couple of friends there, when they are offline, I play alone. My experience on big servers has been very bad, people are rude and you don't know anyone. On a dead server you more or less know everyone. I like knowing people, I love talking to someone when I am online and that can be done on both dead and alive servers. Plus there is always real id
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-01-19 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    5. Ending the Horde and Alliance war.
    Shall not ever happen, would ruin Warcraft or at least not until "final" main boss of WoW.
    -K

Deleted
    We have the same thing on Alliance side. I still find fun in the game, but it's sometimes frustrating doing quests, since it's PVP and we're so severely outnumbered. One of the reasons I'm so in favor of CRZs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I swapped from a dead server with about 20 total raiding guilds to Stormrage, a month before MoP came out. Best decision I've ever made. Having a bustling server greatly increased my enjoyment.

Deleted
    You should server transfer to a high pop server if you want any form of entertainment from this game. I used to be on Ahn'Qiraj EU Horde, it's a total desert out there. Moved to Twisting Nether EU Horde, best move ever imo. Only 2-3 big raiding/pvp guilds can make it on Ahn'Qiraj, if you are not among them, then there is barely anything to do end-game wise, unless you can PuG anything on that server, which seems irrelevant according to the 2-3 normal guilds.

So if you want to do alot of end-game, high/medium pop is the place for you.