Blood Spirits in Patch 5.2

Will Blood spirits still be used in crafting the new gear?

I've been debating over buying stacks of the crafting material to prepare for the new raid patch. After looking around I have found sparce comments regarding the new item in accordance with the next patch, but the consensus seems to be that it will be replaced by something else. Two posts I found suggested some sort of 'Ingot,' maybe in regards to the new Blacksmithing capabalities. Does anyone have any more information on this?

Deleted
    Are they duped?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknell View Post
    Will Blood spirits still be used in crafting the new gear?

I've been debating over buying stacks of the crafting material to prepare for the new raid patch. After looking around I have found sparce comments regarding the new item in accordance with the next patch, but the consensus seems to be that it will be replaced by something else. Two posts I found suggested some sort of 'Ingot,' maybe in regards to the new Blacksmithing capabalities. Does anyone have any more information on this?
    If the past 6(?) years are anything to go by, the price of blood spirits will crash when 5.2 goes, and any 5.2 recipes listed as using them only do so as a place-holder for the new material.

Deleted
    You should get rid of blood spirits like they're the plague, right now. You could, in theory, make a point about stacking living steels for the next patch, but its price is so low on my server, it's basically less than the trillium equivalent.

There will be sometime that is called "lightning steel", it's made from trillium and ghost iron, the recipe do make this is a drop... we don't know much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymalkin View Post
    You should get rid of blood spirits like they're the plague, right now. You could, in theory, make a point about stacking living steels for the next patch, but its price is so low on my server, it's basically less than the trillium equivalent.

There will be sometime that is called "lightning steel", it's made from trillium and ghost iron, the recipe do make this is a drop... we don't know much more.
    They changed it to 10 ghost iron bars, and it's 1 per day.

Not necessarily, Lightning Steel Ingots are on a daily CD and are BOP at least in the current PTR build. That said its going to take a minimum 5 days for a 1hander, and up to 15days for the 2handers per craft assuming no spirit of harmony work around is made and gating on the lightning forge. So if the Molten Front daily weapons are anything to go by, living steel will slowly raise on the announcement of the patch date, spike 2days before the patch and plummet 2days after when people realize they cant make the weapons. However when they do go live i highly doubt the 2hander will drop below 30k.

And yes dump blood spirits, if the market goes up i'm sure someone will farm/dupe more and bring it right back down. Also i would probably dump all your sha crystals.
    Last edited by Gathed; 2013-01-20 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gathed View Post
    Also i would probably dump all your sha crystals.
    Why would you want to dump your sha crystals? Jade Spirit/Dancing Steel enchants will still be the top enchant for raiders, and major raiders will be getting new weapons in the new raids. The only reason the price of sha crystals will drop is if they remove the daily cd enchanters have to make one. I have not seen anything in the patch notes about doing this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Are they duped?
    It would seem so ^

Quote Originally Posted by the kins man View Post
    Why would you want to dump your sha crystals? Jade Spirit/Dancing Steel enchants will still be the top enchant for raiders, and major raiders will be getting new weapons in the new raids. The only reason the price of sha crystals will drop is if they remove the daily cd enchanters have to make one. I have not seen anything in the patch notes about doing this.
    LFR is getting an increased drop rate and with the season change PVP (honour) vendors will now sell epics. Also i doubt alot of people will replace there weapons as fast as you think, especially with the current weapons being upgraded i might be wrong as i haven't seen the ilvl for the new weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gathed View Post
    LFR is getting an increased drop rate and with the season change PVP (honour) vendors will now sell epics. Also i doubt alot of people will replace there weapons as fast as you think, especially with the current weapons being upgraded i might be wrong as i haven't seen the ilvl for the new weapons.
    Blizzard learned their lesson with vendor purchased items. You won't be able to disenchant them... so that, specifically, won't affect the market.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    Blizzard learned their lesson with vendor purchased items. You won't be able to disenchant them... so that, specifically, won't affect the market.
    You can't disenchant current PvP gear?

Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    Vendor Items PURCHASED WITH GOLD. Items purchased with JP/VP/HP/CP CAN be disenchanted.