Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Discipline] Will of the Emperor 10 Hc

Hey,

We had a couple of tries on him and, apart from the adds being a pain, i was wondering if anyone could throw out any usefull tips they have for a disc priest.

I usually heal it together with a resto druid, she takes the spark of the first courage, i take the one for the second one.
    I decided I'd be tank healing here, because of the spikey damage on the tanks. Pretty much spirit shell them as much as I can.
    As for the constant Titan gas, it doesnt seem to be doing enough damage to be healing the raid with SHell.
    Also trying to decide wether to use Cascade or DS.. Because ppl will be spread out, because of the kiters, tanks, soakers etc..

any usefull tips are welcome.

Thanks

You can cover the raid healing with Cascade, Prayer of Mending, and the occasional Prayer of Healing. It's not very intense, so don't waste Spirit Shell on it. Instead, use Spirit Shell by stacking it up on your assigned tank during the dance - you can do this with Heal to save some mana. Then for dances where Spirit Shell is on cooldown, stack up Evangelism and use Archangel afterward to help out with the tank damage.

Also, you may want to take one tank and have the resto druid take another one. From your post it sounded like you might be trying to heal both of them, which probably won't work out too well - tank damage is pretty high this fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    You can cover the raid healing with Cascade, Prayer of Mending, and the occasional Prayer of Healing. It's not very intense, so don't waste Spirit Shell on it. Instead, use Spirit Shell by stacking it up on your assigned tank during the dance - you can do this with Heal to save some mana. Then for dances where Spirit Shell is on cooldown, stack up Evangelism and use Archangel afterward to help out with the tank damage.

Also, you may want to take one tank and have the resto druid take another one. From your post it sounded like you might be trying to heal both of them, which probably won't work out too well - tank damage is pretty high this fight.
    I'm taking both yes, only because not everyone is in range if you want to be in range of the boss.
    But my mana seem to drop pretty fast from what I've noticed. Of course it's a new fight, and all new fights tend to take some time to figure out when to use your cooldowns (incl, mana ones), so this might go better.

I was shelling both the tanks, but that I usually started bout half way through the dance, and with greater heal, so my third GH cast would be when the dance ends, and then just keep casting GH with the remaining Shell.

Deleted
    The main tip for this fight is to avoid focusing on anything but the tanks when they aren't dancing (even if this looks oh so pretty on the meter),+soakers. The rest of the raid isn't going to come close to death during this time and you have plenty of time to top them when the tanks are dancing.

Regarding players getting out of range it's simply their responsibility to get in range of you, if the tanks are dancing you can afford to take a few steps away to toss a PW:S but otherwise that's not an option.

Spirit shell, the main thing to be aware of regarding SS usage on the tank is that it caps incredibly easily, I'd normally start using it in the ~middle of a dance, get a PoH on the raid (the gas will deal enough damage to get this used), a gheal on each tank and then use a few standard heals (or if the tanks aren't dodging at all, cast another gheal) for the rest of the duration. Currently SS is a big hps increase to our single target heals, and spamming GHeal during the entire SS duration will just result in you over-capping it with every cast.

PoH is more effective than PoM for this fight (DA always gets used), you should only use PoM if you have to move/parts of the grp is out of range of each other (make sure that the grps are set up well, you being a 30y "PoH beacon" in range of both tanks is useful). Cascade is great for this fight (unlike DS).

What are you eating the spark with? PS? I wouldn't say that this is the optimal use of a great tank-cd unless you don't have any other option.

What raid comp are you using, because healer eating sparks sounds really silly. :X
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    I'm taking both yes, only because not everyone is in range if you want to be in range of the boss.
    But my mana seem to drop pretty fast from what I've noticed. Of course it's a new fight, and all new fights tend to take some time to figure out when to use your cooldowns (incl, mana ones), so this might go better.

I was shelling both the tanks, but that I usually started bout half way through the dance, and with greater heal, so my third GH cast would be when the dance ends, and then just keep casting GH with the remaining Shell.
    With proper tank dance he should not take that much dmg. When he does just penance + inner focus greater heal will do the job. Use mending also helps a lot on the raid. Use POH on the raid guys in the middle.

Here is one of our WOTE kills logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=7083#Vashiq

and yes at start mana seems will be a pain but if you guys are killing rages quick enough and dont take avoidable damage it will be ok. The fight is not hard to heal after all just need perfect strategy how to handle the adds. If rages will keep swinging your DPSers you will be oom very fast.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2013-01-28 at 09:16 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Healed this with a resto sham, and a rogue/hunter combo on sparks. I took a tank and the shaman took a tank with my priority being shielding our spark tanks/keeping pom put in raid/assisting on secondary tank/keeping my tank up. If your tanks are near the stairs then you should be ok to keep everyone in range. We also had a blood dk in dps gear tanking adds in the back, but he was able to self heal most of it with just the occasionally shielding needed. This disc/shaman combo is probably the best combo for this fight though tide since it is long and the disc shields on spark tanks.

I've tried using FDCL on this fight and depending on what your heal break down looks like it can be a nice talent to pop a tank up very quickly.

Other then that use your cd's often, its a war attrition and they will be back up.

Deleted
    Depending on your stats another tip would be to use the PW:S glyph during this fight, this makes it a lot easier to proc rapture when your tanks are dancing. Obviously don't do this if your full PW:S is needed for the soakers.

Not sure how doable the strategy of healing both tanks is. When I did the fight on 10s is was with two offspec tanks with low ilevel/partial DPS gear, so maybe that's coloring my perception, but I don't think it would have been possible to keep them both up at once.

I think the most common strategy for this fight, and the one the group I was in used, was one healer on each tank, and leaving it up to the raid to be smart about outranging the healers. They don't need to be in range all the time, either, and stuff like ProM and Cascade can hit them when they're out of range.

I am suprised to see how many people have actual healing assignments on 10 man. The only stuff we usually coordinate is cooldowns and dispels, rest of it we just kinda wing it.

I've healed it with both a resto shaman and a holy pala by my side, and most of the time i would just stand in range of both tanks, and throw whatever was needed at them. Raid damage is constant but not really high. I dont soak.

Deleted
    Interesting how many suggest to focus healing on tank.

I checked few of our logs, our healers don't really focus on tanks at all. Tanks are to survive on their own (no damage during dancing, cooldowns when not dancing).

Healing comp is me as a disc priest and holy paladin. Paladin has beacon on our paladin tank, and is assigned to heal strenght tank (we use blood DK to take strenght and spark afterwards) and rogue taking all of the rage sparks, while I do rest of the raid, alongside with obvious rapture procs on rogue. Keep prom jumping, PoH around with spiritshell, and, in our case, always, when possible, proc rapture on spark target as well as stack Shell on him. After that it's pretty much matter of tanks surviving on their own and dps doing their job as they're supposed to.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aa...=10494&e=11146
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q7...?s=5521&e=6119

Couple of kill logs there, and as you can see, I'm doing less than 10% of my heals onto tanks (since I don't aim to heal them, I'd guess that almost all of that is atonements and/or prom jumping in resting phase). Our paladin did 15% of his heals on palatank, due to bacon, but our DK tank only took 4,3% of his overall healing. It seems like awful fight to heal, but after everyone gets hang of it, it actually is quite relaxed. Important part is to get your tanks to learn their cooldown priorities, and at that point the fight becomes easy to heal - gas isn't really that harsh and is really working for our benefit due to DA being eaten away with full efficiency.

Also, get your ranged group to stack, so PoH hits everyone in that group, all the time. Other group, in my case, consists of the other healer, tanks (incl. strenght one, blood DK in dps gear, requiring little healing) and rogue, who gets single-target bombs +PWS.

Deleted
    Well, you do have a dk(by far the best tank for wote)+pala tank and overgear the fight completely. For a guild progressing on WotE the tanks should be your number one priority, if your tanks are geared enough to survive without major heals you will barely have anything to do as a healer either way.

Deleted
    our raid comp is usually dk and monk tanking, 2 hunters using detterance (or w.e it's called), our resto druid puts symbiosis on a hunter so she also got a detterance. I think the dk takes 2 rage sparks at the start. we got a mage, and a shaman. our dps monk is tanking the strenghts. Oh and a shadow priest.

As for stats, I'm come from high mastery, decided to try out and drop some mastery, to trade it for crit.
    Here's my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Pyrah/simple

Here's my healing breakdown from our first kill of Blade Lord Hc
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4279&e=4635

And here are 2 nights of WotE wipes
    Night 1: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dtu1mlfsood5p8js/
    Night 2: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vlfvv0sy866b4n6x/

Edit: If you want to see any of my other fights, just click on the guildname and cycle through the stuff, you know the deal
    I'm always in the raid (but dont look at Blade lord from yesterday, i totally fucked up with my cooldowns(

Deleted
    I just looked through the logs quickly but from what I can see most deaths are simply due to lack of control/sparks running wild which isn't something better healing will change (and a few deaths from silly things like smash/rages/devastating). You do have a few tank deaths though, to prevent them it's basically just about increased focus on the tanks (consider assigning each tank primarly to one healer to make sure that you don't overlap too many big heals) and coordinating cds (dancing+cds+things like stacking blood shield during the dance means that there shouldn't be significant periods of time where your tanks take full damage). Currently your resto druid isn't focusing that much on the tanks, so if the tankhealing becomes an issue ask him to, however the healing isn't really what's killing your raid atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Well, you do have a dk(by far the best tank for wote)+pala tank and overgear the fight completely. For a guild progressing on WotE the tanks should be your number one priority, if your tanks are geared enough to survive without major heals you will barely have anything to do as a healer either way.
    Well, to be fair, this was the case when we were progressing the fight. Any guild progressing the fight after us, should have either better, or equal, gear compared to what we had when we killed it. But yes, I don't know how guardian druid affects the healing on tanks, especially with lack of beacon, but either way, I wouldn't wager it to go down to exactly opposite, having no time for anything but tankhealing. Especially with a resto druid having hots on tanks?

our raid comp is usually dk and monk tanking, 2 hunters using detterance (or w.e it's called), our resto druid puts symbiosis on a hunter so she also got a detterance. I think the dk takes 2 rage sparks at the start. we got a mage, and a shaman. our dps monk is tanking the strenghts. Oh and a shadow priest.
    I don't really know how you guys do add management, since I have no clue how this fight looks on 10m (my guess is you have to kill each wave of Rages as soon as they spawn?), but I can tell you that having a Shadow Priest, the strongest soaking class, and not using him to soak, but stressing healers instead, is sooooo wrong. Tell him to glyph Dispersion, and he can soak every 1:45m, at least the Courage sparks. He should also use PoM as often as he can, as all 5 charges are guaranteed to be used because of the constant gas dmg.

Also, maybe bringing an additional melee (since you have none on the actual bosses) to dance may help out a lot. The dmg buff that melees get from the gas + the opportunistic strike enables melees to do so much dps to the boss, therefore shortening the fight a lot. From what I've seen on our logs, hunters are really really bad for this fight, 'cause they're neither melee nor can they multidot. Example: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12696&e=13254. Their AoE on the rages is pretty decent, but if that's where you lack dmg (you shouldn't, because Halo / Mind Sear / Chain Lightning), your mage can easily go frost and pretty much solo the rages via Frozen Orb and Ice Lancing the cr*p out of them.

As for the tank deaths, you should assign each healer to one tank, and the tanks have to know to call for their healer's cooldowns once the dance ends, if they have none of their own! I just can't stress how important this is, because w/o those CD's, no matter the gear, the tanks will die. Once your tanks master this, the fight becomes a real piece of cake.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-01-28 at 08:24 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    The fight is pretty new, so we're still dealing with getting the adds + sparks down smoothly. So yeah, there will be a lot of deaths.
    As for tanks dieing, that might be because of dance failing, and i know one of the bosses got buffed by the spark two, which (i know) is a big nono.

I didnt say our shadow priest doesnt soak , he does, and has dispersion glyphed.

Bout having a bit more melee is interesting, but due to the fact that melee isnt favorable on a lot of the fights, and as being a 10m guild (not a too big roster), we dont have a lot of melee. Our only melee dps atm is our monk, and then the dk that can go OS.
    On the offside, recruiting has also been a bitch on our server.

The reason i started this thread wasnt because we were clueless and dieing because of healing, but for any tips, because i seem to be running oom quickly. And, unlike other fighs, i didnt feel too comfortable on the fight. But it's a new fight, one with stinky adds which needs to be sorted.

We didnt had the numbers for tonights raid so it got canceled.

having a dpriest eat sparks is really ridiculous. you're wasting raid cooldowns on yourself + are potentially ranging your tanks. i can somewhat understand using a druid just b/c they're using their personal cooldowns (bear+ursoc+barskin), but even then you're making yourself unable to heal during that time.

do you have a rogue? can you get a rogue? one rogue in 10 man will can soak EVERY spark by using feint.

you have two hunters, a shadowpriest and a mage. that's enough to soak every single spark w/o having to use healers ever. spriest soaks the courages, and the hunters+mage do a rotation on the strength and ragers. using healers to soak is just overcomplicating what is a relatively easy fight.

Deleted
    We used to have one but took a break.. So no.. not atm. We've been recruiting for ages on this server, getting to to the point of accepting w.e looks okay to recruit...
    Thinking of guild transfer but yeah, that's off topic

And as a healer, i dont know if it's enough or not tbh. How do you group up the sparks?

Im not entirely sure, but i think we soak 2 rages at once, and 2 rages later. I think i heard from a tactic to keep them cc'ed untill the second wave of rage's spawn. Slap me if i'm wrong.

Deleted
    Right, we finally got it down tonight,
    Here's the logs.. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2497&e=3203
    I honestly dont get how a ranking would be atleast 9k more hps tho Oo

We had our resto druid get tanking gear and soak a lot of the sparks
    and our ele shaman go on his pala alt to tank the strenght.