Cant talent change.

Is there a hidden CD on changing talents?

Occasionally I prefer to use Gsup pull out a voidlord and then when im done dismiss the pet and hit Gsac.

But 99% of the time when I try it says "You can't do that right now" It doesn't say this for any other alt.

--------------

Well seems dismissing the pet and logging out and back in lets me talent change.

I am thinking it has to do with Flames of Xoroth remembering Void Lord and their hotfix to keep people without Gsup from having those pets.
    Last edited by Keilith; 2012-10-27 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post

Occasionally I prefer to use Gsup pull out a voidlord and then when im done dismiss the pet and hit Gsac.

But 99% of the time when I try it says "You can't do that right now" It doesn't say this for any other alt.

--------------

Well seems dismissing the pet and logging out and back in lets me talent change.

I am thinking it has to do with Flames of Xoroth remembering Void Lord and their hotfix to keep people without Gsup from having those pets.
    If anything is on cd, like for instance if I have popped terrorguard while gosup it won't let you switch back to gsac or gserv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's the same, but I often get an error changing talents too. Not sure what causes it, but a /reload is enough for me to be able to change talents/glyphs again. ElvUI says it's a taint in something, and has to do with inspecting people, but I hardly ever inspect people, yet frequently have this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure if it's the same, but I often get an error changing talents too. Not sure what causes it, but a /reload is enough for me to be able to change talents/glyphs again. ElvUI says it's a taint in something, and has to do with inspecting people, but I hardly ever inspect people, yet frequently have this bug.
    I get an error trying to change glyphs because of skada mostly and yes /reloadui fixes, I honestly think something is on cd for the op. Which will prevent him from changing talents. Kind of a pain when you have a 10min cd

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I get an error trying to change glyphs because of skada mostly and yes /reloadui fixes, I honestly think something is on cd for the op. Which will prevent him from changing talents. Kind of a pain when you have a 10min cd
    Oh, is it Skada that causes that? Never could figure out which addon it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh, is it Skada that causes that? Never could figure out which addon it was.
    well for me personally it is, although I would assume it would vary from ui to ui and comp to comp. I think skada is a great addon and i'd assume not everyone has the same problem with this particular addon.

It's usually just a random addon. Blizzard's code fault, not the addon authors.

Been having that problem since 4.3, reeeeeally annoying (was just glyphs then, now talents too) Haven't found any fix as it is apparently not a single one issue.

Simply reload your UI and it will get fixed. The problem is a conflict with an addon. It happens all the time with a bunch of different addons, even ones that have nothing to do with the talents can get in the way. Again a simple UI reload is enough to get by. At least until you need to change another one.

There's a difference between the taint bug and the "You can't do that right now" message. Usually it's when you recently leave combat or use a specific ability from a talent, I assume so you can't use it and respec between pulls in an instance or something.

The taint bug, as far as I know, is because Blizzard changed something in their coding, which conflicts when with AddOns which didn't set a local (or something, just remembering what I read).

Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post

--------------

I noticed this happens if I summon the doom guard or infernal. There is a 10 min CD, and it wont let you change specs from your t5 talents.
    It will give you the message that you cant do this right now. Once that CD is up you can then change your t5 talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to necro this. Closing.