Upgrade Relic or buy VP Gear?

So I just acquired myself a Relic of Yu'lon, and while I know that it's very powerful right now, how long do Darkmoon Card trinkets generally stay relevant? I've never really had enough spare gold to grab one in the past. If it matters, using any excuse I can find to play Destruction as long as I can before I get pigeon holed into playing Affliction.

I was wondering if it's worth spending my Valor Points to upgrade the trinket, rather than buy valor gear, first. I'm a pretty fresh 90, and while I'm trying to get myself caught up a little before I burden them with my poorly-geared DPS, I do have a guild interested in letting me run with them to help me gear up (A rival guild in the past, but they know I've been around long enough to compete with their raid group in proper raid gear, and they need ranged).

If the trinikets stay relevant, bumping it up 8 item levels I'm sure will be nice once the Voidbinders take their little vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

You could always earn more valor but once the upgrade npc's are gone they'll be gone for a while.. My guess is that the DM trink will last you quite a bit until you get your hands on a decent upgrade.

Deleted
    Relic of Yu'lon is easily as good as the trinket from Sha of Fear (normal). As rare the Essence of Terror proc is, Yu'lon is better for everything except the initial burst.

So upgrading Relic of Yu'lon is VPs well spent. The Relic of Yu'lon is viable until next tier for sure.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're clearing Heroic Elegon and Sha, upgrade that bad boy and be thankful that you have your BiS for such a cheap price.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

You won't replace Relic of Yu'lon until heroic Sha

Upgraded Relic is third BiS behind Heroic Light of the Cosmos (Elegon) and Heroic Essence (Sha) for Affliction. Upgrade it and love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Upgraded Relic is third BiS behind Heroic Light of the Cosmos (Elegon) and Heroic Essence (Sha) for Affliction. Upgrade it and love it.
    Same for demo as well last I checked

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    how long do Darkmoon Card trinkets generally stay relevant?
    How long does VP gear stay relevant?

With no stupidly quick catchup system, you're better off upgrading the trinket.

RoY and EoT Heroic > Roy =~ EoT N .....so, totally worth it, until u have nothing to spend your valor and upgrade the Essence of Terror just to "shw off your ilvl"
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2013-01-22 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and went for it. It'll be a decent long while before I'll be getting anything better, as far as Trinkets go, it seems. My other trinket is currently the Vision of the Predator, which seems to be pretty damn nice for Destruction, so I went ahead and bumped it up 8 points as well. What else is there to spend JP on, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    So I just acquired myself a Relic of Yu'lon, and while I know that it's very powerful right now, how long do Darkmoon Card trinkets generally stay relevant? I've never really had enough spare gold to grab one in the past. If it matters, using any excuse I can find to play Destruction as long as I can before I get pigeon holed into playing Affliction.

I was wondering if it's worth spending my Valor Points to upgrade the trinket, rather than buy valor gear, first. I'm a pretty fresh 90, and while I'm trying to get myself caught up a little before I burden them with my poorly-geared DPS, I do have a guild interested in letting me run with them to help me gear up (A rival guild in the past, but they know I've been around long enough to compete with their raid group in proper raid gear, and they need ranged).

If the trinikets stay relevant, bumping it up 8 item levels I'm sure will be nice once the Voidbinders take their little vacation.
    Relic is BiS until heroic trinkets.

Deleted
    vp gear is not that good if you're doing all 3 raids, but if you're at the start of gearing up i'd say get some gear first then upgrade

Deleted
    check this http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/, someone post that link months ago and it´s a must see for everybody having doubts about trinkets .