Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

lance armstrong, what a nob

so one of the biggest cheats in any sport feels aggrieved that after taking drugs to beat his rivals he is given a lifetime ban. what did this waste of a human being expect, a slap on the wrist?
    im so glad he beat cancer & was alive to see the truth finally come out, even if it was on some cozy little u.s. chatshow & not infront of the proper authorities. but that will come in due course.

However many different forms of cancer he lived through is the same number of illegal performance enhancing drugs I would be OK with him having taken.

Persecute him, go for the next top 20 in just about every competition he's won. It's not the guy's fault he has to cheat when literally every other rival is doing the same. While I don't condone it, I understand it, and it's a case of blaming the game, not the player.

Deleted
    you do realise probably 60% or more of all professional cyclists take performance enhancing drugs? He has just been lying about it and getting away with it so long its a huge deal now cause everyone who supported him feels like a fool for doing so, I'd never heard of him before all this came out recently but it's fact the majority of them do it.

Obligatory post just because the thread title made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    you do realise probably 60% or more of all professional cyclists take performance enhancing drugs? He has just been lying about it and getting away with it so long its a huge deal now cause everyone who supported him feels like a fool for doing so, I'd never heard of him before all this came out recently but it's fact the majority of them do it.
    I am pretty sure not just cyclists, by many sportists from all kind of sports, we can see it even with that how people improve world records each Olympic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem lies with the entire sport which is evidently so far down the slippery slope it has made itself comfortable in the hole at the end of it. There needs to be a fundamental mentality shift or professional cycling will simply become even more of a laughing stock than it is already.

As a sportsman myself I don't see how anyone could use illegal substances to win. I mean how fun can it be to win, when you know you have cheated? I think this guys should go to prison just to show that, this is not okay!

Deleted
    Most, if not all, athletes take performance improving drugs. It's just a matter of staying ahead of the guys developing the detection methods and making them illegal.

If you take something that's not detectable or is detectable but not deemed illegal just yet, you're golden and no one can tell you to fuck off.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    As a sportsman myself I don't see how anyone could use illegal substances to win. I mean how fun can it be to win, when you know you have cheated? I think this guys should go to prison just to show that, this is not okay!
    Dude, they don't care if they win or not. Maybe they did at some point but considering the amount of money they could win, they throw any sportsmanship in the trash.

If he ever had cancer you mean. Wouldn't suprise me if he lied about that aswell

How dare he raise hundreds of millions of dollars for cancer research.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    so one of the biggest cheats in any sport feels aggrieved that after taking drugs to beat his rivals he is given a lifetime ban. what did this waste of a human being expect, a slap on the wrist?
    im so glad he beat cancer & was alive to see the truth finally come out, even if it was on some cozy little u.s. chatshow & not infront of the proper authorities. but that will come in due course.
    bro lance took peds just like the rest of his team did.hell just like the rest of the bikers that he rode against,and they have been doing it for years and years.look at what happened to cansayco "spelling" the beaseball player,all he did was tell the truth about base ball players and he got more or less black balled out of baseball.where is the support for him?telling the truth is what people are supposed to do right?look what it got him.

peds are in every sport and taking by millions and millions of people.hell even actors take them,look at sly "aka rocky/rambo". look at the rock,vin D, they all take them.females even take them,many many women take hgh to get there metabolism high again.MMA/boxing is full of peds.

want to know another big name that took peds?tiger woods,yes thats right tiger woods the golfer.the same doctor that was giving all the base ball players peds was also "in contact" with tiger,lmfao.why do you think tiger is not the golfer he was 1 or 2 years ago? peds dont have to make you look like a bodybuilder,there a ped for everything.just like lance was taken,skinny and light but on peds,just like tiger did

Deleted
    Whilst his transgressions are many, he did do a great deal for the sport at the time. Inspired new cyclists, raised millions for cancer research, etc.
    I don't condone his doping but i kinda understand him saying "It felt neccessary to dope to win". I doubt we've seen the end of this anyway. Way more tour competitors have doped, we're just not seeing their fall because they didn't have as far to drop as Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1 View Post
    How dare he raise hundreds of millions of dollars for cancer research.
    Ends justify the means then?

Waste of a human being? Drugs or not he was an amazing athlete and an inspiration to many. I believe he said the drugs put him on a level playing field. Be that as it may. Waste of life he is not by a long shot. Cheat yes.

I hope can be a continued spokes person for cancer founding. DO NOT HATE THAT ATLEAST.

Now, he really did some fucked up shit. Lying under oath inn court, sueing newspapers, ruining or trying to mess with peoples careeres.

But anyway...I still wondor how much performance enchaching drugs really helps. Does anyone know off a good study that looked into this? Its hard to belive that drugs alone did it + ofcourse alot off training on side, but people make it seem like drugs are 50% off the work.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Khronius View Post
    Most, if not all, athletes take performance improving drugs. It's just a matter of staying ahead of the guys developing the detection methods and making them illegal.

If you take something that's not detectable or is detectable but not deemed illegal just yet, you're golden and no one can tell you to fuck off.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 12:00 AM ----------

Dude, they don't care if they win or not. Maybe they did at some point but considering the amount of money they could win, they throw any sportsmanship in the trash.
    That's why they should go to jail. Show these bastards that it is not okay. Take away all the cash prizes and send them to jail for a couple of years. That should teach them.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    That's why they should go to jail. Show these bastards that it is not okay. Take away all the cash prizes and send them to jail for a couple of years. That should teach them.
    Send them to jail for what exactly. They are not breaking any laws, just the rules that the sports governing body has laid down.

Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    Waste of a human being? Drugs or not he was an amazing athlete and an inspiration to many. I believe he said the drugs put him on a level playing field. Be that as it may. Waste of life he is not by a long shot. Cheat yes.
    An inspiration to many perhaps, an amazing athlete after he felt the need for such extensive cheating? I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox3030 View Post
    Send them to jail for what exactly. They are not breaking any laws, just the rules that the sports governing body has laid down.
    Well yea, I know there aren't any laws that say you can't cheat. So, I know it's a long shot, but I would really, really want to see some laws against usage of illegal substances in sports. I mean, it's kinda like fraud. Why? Well, most people would probably not have supported the sport and watched him on tv. So in a way he is tricking us so that he can make more money. I would never ever have watched any of his "feats" if I would've known.

PS. I wouldn't mind seeing his neck snapped tbh, but that's my opinion.