Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoW's best post launch feature addition?

Of all the features added to WoW since it launched, which do you rate the highest?

For me personally it's the Dungeon Finder/Raid Finder tool. I can't even begin to imagine how we used to form groups back in the old days via the chat channels. The whole 'LF 1 DPS UBRS' type spamming until someone whispered you and the group was formed. And then waiting for the person to arrive at the dungeon. They of course had to be on your server too.

Now you just queue, wait and viola. In some ways it's a shame you don't even have to talk to the other people now but ultimately I think it's a huge feature that changed the game for the better. If my memory serves me right it wasn't implemented until Wrath yet it feels like it's been around forever.

So bravo Blizz for that.

Account wide mounts/achievements/pets.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Arena

Before that, PvPers had nothing to do.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arena for sure.

Other than that I would have to say either LFR or Brawler's Guild.

For me it was weather and dynamic shadows and water. I can only imagine how amazing they would have been had they been added to WOW before I'd burned out the first time. Even just weather.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

pet battles
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The cross-realm functions. An absolute miracle for low-pop servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements

Transmogging was most likely the addition I looked most forward to

Deleted
    Worgen druids .. seriously my god .. i had to pass so many years as a disgusting elf .. brr.

And wotlk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Account wide stuff, be in pets, mounts, achievements etc
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Arena

Before that, PvPers had nothing to do.
    is that why BG's were full the world was full of PVP raids and ppl had fun and not just achievement whoring in capitals ? Arena is the biggest shit to happen to wow ...

OT: Crossrealm... oh the ganking... I love it... it feels like I'm in a living world again ... staying in stormgarde on my lvl 30 rogue and owning hordes is so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Transmogging was most likely the addition I looked most forward to
    Oh man I forgot about that. I've been hoarding items going back 8 years because I knew Blizz might one day add something. I just wish I saved more, but every expansion brought a need to organize and delete what I could.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Reforging.
    Gearing before it was a bitch, and sometimes you just had to pass on a piece because all of the hit was useless/you needed the extra hit on the inferior piece.
    I also think that LFG is kind of a good one, but in some cases I miss the old system so I'll mark it as my number 2.

I know it's decried from time to time for taking away from the "social interaction" of the game but Looking For Raid was a godsend for me; used to loathe sitting around and waiting for everyone to show up, buff up, make consumables, etc. and adhering to a set schedule for plowing through content.

Deleted
    Achievements
    Should they have not been added, I would have stopped playing long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I know it's decried from time to time for taking away from the "social interaction" of the game but Looking For Raid was a godsend for me; used to loathe sitting around and waiting for everyone to show up, buff up, make consumables, etc. and adhering to a set schedule for plowing through content.

If you think LFR is a substitute of raiding (not to mention, heroic raiding), then you're doing something wrong...

10+ Year Old Account
    Was going to say LFG/LFR, but going to go with reforge. Gear was a bitch to manage before hand. Having to use older raid gear just because it had something like hit/exp on it sucked.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog & Reforging

Deleted
    Reforging > Arena > Transmog > Daily Quests > LFG > CRZ > Accounts wide pets and achievements > Pet battles > Everything that I haven't mentioned > LFR