Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    right now fears are the one thing I find that kills me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get why so many people ar having problems with hunters... I do just fine against them, but maybe the hunters I've fought are just bad.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

Quote Originally Posted by sufiro View Post
    I like this guy ^.
    I like this guy ^ who liked the other guy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I will explain to you why, and it's not so much in the functionality as it is in who it is that has that combination.

Who has Solarbeam/Vortex? That would be Boomkins. You know, the spec that is a caster (easy shutdown right there), has to hardcast any spells to do damage, has little to nothing in the way of survivability, and doesn't do all that much damage.
    Funny guy never fought good balance it seems, "doesnt do all that much damage" thats why people complain about the 200k (or even higher) instant crits from Starsurge, ofc it depens on procc and such, but they can still do really good damage just by poping all cds, dotting you and letting Starfall tick. To survibality i though that blink/vanish talent with just 30sec cd wasnt bad at all, also instnat cyclone, 30% instant heal (mostly used in bear form), barksin, Mighty bash (5sec stun in melee) arent bad ways how to save yourself either. Good moonkins can give you really hard time and so can WW monks, i dont think they are bad at all, just not so many people play them atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossiris View Post
    Funny guy never fought good balance it seems, "doesnt do all that much damage" thats why people complain about the 200k (or even higher) instant crits from Starsurge, ofc it depens on procc and such, but they can still do really good damage just by poping all cds, dotting you and letting Starfall tick. To survibality i though that blink/vanish talent with just 30sec cd wasnt bad at all, also instnat cyclone, 30% instant heal (mostly used in bear form), barksin, Mighty bash (5sec stun in melee) arent bad ways how to save yourself either. Good moonkins can give you really hard time and so can WW monks, i dont think they are bad at all, just not so many people play them atm.
    Gotta love that kind of reasoning
    I could use the same kind of logic when saying: I don't think mages and warriors are any good at the moment, it's just that a lot of people are playing them so there are bound to be some good players in the lot.
    See how silly that sounds.

Now, let's be serious. The reason certain classes and specs aren't played in certain facets of the game is pretty simple and obvious. They are weak in those areas. Why do you think monk population is so low that blizzard needs to do these kinds of drastic moves? Simple, they were quite underpowered pve and especially pvp wise. At the beginning of wrath everyone, and their mother, was a DK for one simple reason, they were insanely OP. Nothing more to it. Shifting numbers in spec and class representation coincide with nerfs and buffs and, from the vanilla on till now, it has always been like that. So will you, and everyone else for that matter, please stop using "it's just that not so many people play (insert class/spec) in (insert facet of the game)" argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    Gotta love that kind of reasoning
    I could use the same kind of logic when saying: I don't think mages and warriors are any good at the moment, it's just that a lot of people are playing them so there are bound to be some good players in the lot.
    See how silly that sounds.

Now, let's be serious. The reason certain classes and specs aren't played in certain facets of the game is pretty simple and obvious. They are weak in those areas. Why do you think monk population is so low that blizzard needs to do these kinds of drastic moves? Simple, they were quite underpowered pve and especially pvp wise. At the beginning of wrath everyone, and their mother, was a DK for one simple reason, they were insanely OP. Nothing more to it. Shifting numbers in spec and class representation coincide with nerfs and buffs and, from the vanilla on till now, it has always been like that. So will you, and everyone else for that matter, please stop using "it's just that not so many people play (insert class/spec) in (insert facet of the game)" argument.

Saying that DKs were op is an understatement.
    PVP in WOTLK was a nightmare, we could dispell dots (while attacking), come back from the dead, and diseases hit like trucks.
    I still remember a Wintergrasp we won, a silly dwarf hunter flew a little too low, I deathgriped, hit chains of ice, got off 2x Icy Touch and a plague strike before he flew out of range. He was at 11k/23k, with diseases ticking at 1.5-3k with wandering plague hitting him for another 2-3k, He was dead in about 6 secs, with his fat, beer belly corpse making a nice impact when he hit the ground.

WW Monks are getting alot of NEEDED tools, a free PVP trinket (yay double DPS trinkets), a burst based mastery, strong self/team heals with no cost and on a low CD and an AOE Disarm/silence.

I am looking forward to the next PVP season.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    WW Monks are getting alot of NEEDED tools, a free PVP trinket (yay double DPS trinkets)
    I second this, however I think the 60% CC reduction for 6 seconds needs a small nerf
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!