Would it be fair to say its all Emperor Shaohao's fault?

I mean... from what I know, if he didn't wear does masks that his companion "Monkey King" gave him then there wouldn't be any "sha" in the first place right? Or was the "sha" always there in Pandaria?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by propsmc90 View Post
    I mean... from what I know, if he didn't wear does masks that his companion "Monkey King" gave him then there wouldn't be any "sha" in the first place right? Or was the "sha" always there in Pandaria?
    The Sha are the remains of an old god "killed" by a titan. So yeah they were there before.

I like to think that the pandas were dysfunctional all along. It seems mighty coincidental that suddenly all of their temples are infested with sha. They have a whole continents worth of population with half a dozen different races, but suddenly a few boats shipwreck on shore and it's horde and alliance responsibility? Seems dubious.

But, no problem. For some reason my toon enjoys going to different continents and solving problems through serial homicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Sha are the "remains" of an Old God the titans managed to kill off. Were here way before the Pandaren.

The Tale of Shaohao is just that, a tale, and a tall one at that. An oral history created to describe things in the natural world, not unlike the Greek mythos.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    The Tale of Shaohao is just that, a tale, and a tall one at that. An oral history created to describe things in the natural world, not unlike the Greek mythos.
    Sure it is. And i'm not playing a talking pandawoman or a Green demon summoning Orc or demon enetgy sucking bishi.

Yeah if we lived in that world we'd have ALOT of little Zeus bastard children running around.

the sha in pandaria were a tempest in a teapot, they just buried the teapot underground did a remedial effort to not effect them.

then we came along and brought a full-scale war to their shores and effectively broke the teapots cause no one told us that the sha got that big.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    I like to think that the pandas were dysfunctional all along. It seems mighty coincidental that suddenly all of their temples are infested with sha. They have a whole continents worth of population with half a dozen different races, but suddenly a few boats shipwreck on shore and it's horde and alliance responsibility? Seems dubious.

But, no problem. For some reason my toon enjoys going to different continents and solving problems through serial homicide.
    Because the races on Pandarie are..."conditioned" to keep their negative emotions in check, or risk being corrupted by sha. This made the sha manifestations weak. But when the barbarians of both horde and alliance arrived without such conditioning, the sha feasted on the negativity all over the place and become stronger and able to corrupt even local races at their slightest sign of weakness, not to mention take physical forms a lot easier.

So yeah, it's all the fault of both alliance and horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The Sha are the remains of an old god "killed" by a titan. So yeah they were there before.
    Where did you get that from, I wanna know man!

-----

I remember doing a quest in Krasarang Wilds and the Red Crane Chi'Ji said something about a "catalyst"and that the "Sha" problem was going to happen anyway whether or not the Horde and the Alliance came about, funny thing is when I was questing in Jade Forest and Kun-lai Summit, I didn't really like Taran Zhu, for putting all the blame on us for the "Sha" problem like what -darqhur- said it sounded dubious.

The Sha weren't created by the Emperor wearing the masks the Monkey King gave him, as you believe to be true. The masks simply were used to draw the non-physical forms of the Sha into a physical existence so the Emperor could combat and defeat them.

The Sha themselves are the final breath and curse of the dying Old God Y'Shaarj. (Pronounced Ya-Sa-Rajh) As he died, his final dark act was to curse the land of Pandaria with his living will, now known as the 7 negative emotions known as the Sha. The seventh and final sha has yet to be revealed, but is believed to be saved for the final patch in which Garrosh Hellscream is involved.

So no. The Sha aren't the fault of the Emperor. He is the reason they were hidden from the rest of Azeroth for so long, concealed by the mists. But if Garrosh Hellscream has his way, he will use the power of the Sha to conquer all of Azeroth. Garrosh is trying to control the very breath of an Old God, and I don't think he really knows it yet.

But he will.

Maybe in the real world. In WoW, Gods, Demons, Eternal beings and Immortal Guardians are real and very much involved with monumental achievements or devastating cataclysms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if he didn't do the whole seven burdens thing Pandaria wouldn't have been protected by the mists and the legion would have invaded. Maybe it's his fault, but at least there's still a Pandaria to fight over?

No. Just no. Stop talking about things you haven't done any research on.

This isn't correct even on a surface level. Emperor Shaohao REALLY existed, as did the Monkey King's masks, and we have absolute proof because of the 5.1 quests where we resurrect the Monkey King, who then tells us quite a bit about the emperor as we try to reassemble the mallet to destroy the Divine Bell.