Thread: Name Flagged?!

Name Flagged?!

Okay i am incredibly angry at the moment!
    I just payed $55 to realm change and faction change. I decided to use a name that i had reserved, for the character that i had realm changed and faction changed.
    The name i used was 'Sempiternal' I reserved it on a level 1 rogue about a month ago. I had never logged on the rogue before with this name! i have never logged onto any character before with this name!! So how is it flagged?!

And now i cant log onto the character that i just realm changed and faction changed because its been flagged?!
    Someone please explain to me what is going on here? Why would this name even be flagged?

Sempiternal Meaning and Definition
    (a.) Without beginning or end; eternal.
    (a.) Of neverending duration; everlasting; endless; having beginning, but no end.

Someone probably petitioned a GM to see is the name could be freed up. Which they probably did. You should have logged into the character and played a little.

You don't finish creating a character until you long in. blizzard probably has a system to flag names in limbo.
    Last edited by ltm; 2013-01-20 at 07:59 AM.

if the character is inactive and below level 10, another player can ticket a GM to have the name you reserved removed for their own character

I deleted the character that had the name 'Sempiternal' yesterday.
    And i tried it again today and wasn't taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ticket it. The GM who reviewed the name is clearly an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    Ticket it. The GM who reviewed the name is clearly an idiot.
    No one reviewed it. The name was autoflagged because he created a character, deleted it, and then transferred over a character and tried to change it's name to that character. Its a bug with the new system of reserving a character name for 30 days after you delete or name change. Just ticket it and GM will resolve it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    if the character is inactive and below level 10, another player can ticket a GM to have the name you reserved removed for their own character
    That's completely not true. The whole ACCOUNT needs to be inactive. I ticketed a GM earlier this week as the name I wanted was taken by a lvl 8 Orc huntard which hadn't levelled at all in over a year. The GM I got replied back and said that it dosn't matter if the character has been "inactive" (there really is no way to tell if it's not yours as it could be a bank alt) but the whole account has to have been inactive for ages THEN they'll free up the name

Also I think the flagged thing is a bug I did scroll of Rez on an inactive account, created the lvl 80 then transferred that toon over to my main account and the name got instantly flagged even though the character was going to the exact same server it was just changing accounts and that name was in no way offensive at all (it was Envy)

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Less drama and more opening tickets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    That's completely not true. The whole ACCOUNT needs to be inactive. I ticketed a GM earlier this week as the name I wanted was taken by a lvl 8 Orc huntard which hadn't levelled at all in over a year. The GM I got replied back and said that it dosn't matter if the character has been "inactive" (there really is no way to tell if it's not yours as it could be a bank alt) but the whole account has to have been inactive for ages THEN they'll free up the name

Also I think the flagged thing is a bug I did scroll of Rez on an inactive account, created the lvl 80 then transferred that toon over to my main account and the name got instantly flagged even though the character was going to the exact same server it was just changing accounts and that name was in no way offensive at all (it was Envy)
    Because the name is reserved on the account you had it on for 30 days if the character is over level 30( 60 for dks).

I had this happen to me too, as i did not know about this new rule they had made.(and neither did all of the gms i talked to, they seemed all to give confusing/conflicting info) I had to wait 30 days for my name to be freed which after those 30 days anyone could claim it, ironically making a rule introduced to help people not lose their name, make it open for anyone. Luckily no one had grabbed it while i was at work that day..

There was nothing a gm could do as they could not circumvent this. However had the transfer been from one licence to another on the same bnet account a gm would be able to fix it if it got messed up. Same with faction change, if it's the same a ccount they can fix it.

I'm not sure that's the reason for this case though, since it was a lvl 1 on the same account.

Open a ticket, watch what happens.

Hi totez! This shouldn't be too difficult to fix. We've seen that when characters do the combo faction change/transfer, sometimes the name they pick immediately gets reflagged. All you'll need to do is say in your ticket 'I just paid for the combo fc/transfer, chose my name Sempiternal and it made me choose a new name. Please set my name back to this, thanks!' Make sure to include the realm the character is on in your ticket, as well.

If you have any trouble with this after the ticket has been made, feel free to drop me a line
    /Araxom

Blizzard on these forums wut
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    No one reviewed it. The name was autoflagged because he created a character, deleted it, and then transferred over a character and tried to change it's name to that character. Its a bug with the new system of reserving a character name for 30 days after you delete or name change. Just ticket it and GM will resolve it for you.
    This is exactly what happened; lots of people have complained about it over the years. A ticket will solve it, no use getting worked up.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |