10+ Year Old Account

Main-Hand's becoming One-Handed opening more than just transmogs?

Correct me if I've misread wrong on the transmog changes, but if all 1h weapons from now on (<---this is what I mean by if I've misread), including the caster weapons, are going to be one-handed, then that COULD provide openings in areas other than just transmogging.

What I mean is, if they ever plan on giving maybe Death Knight's a fourth spec as a caster Necromancer that uses int plate, and can DW caster weapons; or maybe fourth spec for Mages, that is a Battle-Mage, also DWing 1h weapons or a 2h staff.

I'm sure there are plenty of other possibilities that could follow the weapon changes, but my question is to you:

Do you think that the weapon changes of all MH's (again, correct me please ) becoming One-handers, bar legendaries and some specifics, could open up future class changes amongst other possbilities; or do you think it'll just be for Transmog?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trasnsmog only, there is ZERO chance of additional specs if they can avoid it, Guardians was needed, or they would have never done it. I am surprised people can come up with ideas like this...
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Just for transmog, shamans were using two spell power one hand weapons as resto, so thats why they decided to make them main hand mostly, so they dont like that kind of idea so my bet is just for transmog.

No i think its just transmorg i just wish they'd include fist weapons in the 1h cat and Polearms in the 2h cat

I wouldn't say zero chance. But i think it's rather unlikely we're going to see a caster spec with dual wield.
    Quote Originally Posted by angeleg View Post
    Just for transmog, shamans were using two spell power one hand weapons as resto, so thats why they decided to make them main hand mostly, so they dont like that kind of idea so my bet is just for transmog.
    Which is why they could only remove the restriction now that they can decide on a per-spec base if you even have DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Correct me if I've misread wrong on the transmog changes, but if all 1h weapons from now on (<---this is what I mean by if I've misread), including the caster weapons, are going to be one-handed, then that COULD provide openings in areas other than just transmogging.

What I mean is, if they ever plan on giving maybe Death Knight's a fourth spec as a caster Necromancer that uses int plate, and can DW caster weapons; or maybe fourth spec for Mages, that is a Battle-Mage, also DWing 1h weapons or a 2h staff.

I'm sure there are plenty of other possibilities that could follow the weapon changes, but my question is to you:

Do you think that the weapon changes of all MH's (again, correct me please ) becoming One-handers, bar legendaries and some specifics, could open up future class changes amongst other possbilities; or do you think it'll just be for Transmog?
    It affects Transmog only. They will not allow casters to duel wield spellpower weapons as they would clearly have a huge advantage over other casters that cannot. I believe you misread.

The issue was that people wanted to be able to transmog their awesome looking MH to both MH and OH and with the current rules on TMOG they couldn't do that. I see WHY it was set up that way, but in the end, it was merely a way for Blizzard to take a small step and avoid a potentially disastrous outcome. Not to mention this was only something that would even be a problem for pvp and have no issues in pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is why they could only remove the restriction now that they can decide on a per-spec base if you even have DW.
    This could mean the end to DW Blood DKs, then (as it's still possible).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This could mean the end to DW Blood DKs, then (as it's still possible).
    Is there even a point for Blood DK's to DW nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by codeparadox View Post
    It affects Transmog only. They will not allow casters to duel wield spellpower weapons as they would clearly have a huge advantage over other casters that cannot. I believe you misread.

The issue was that people wanted to be able to transmog their awesome looking MH to both MH and OH and with the current rules on TMOG they couldn't do that. I see WHY it was set up that way, but in the end, it was merely a way for Blizzard to take a small step and avoid a potentially disastrous outcome. Not to mention this was only something that would even be a problem for pvp and have no issues in pve.
    They can make DW spec specific, like what happened with Shamans. Dual Wielding is spec specific to an Enh shaman, whilst it is unavailable to the other 2 specs. Who's to say they can't apply that to other classes.

Dual wielding is a passive talent.. so no healer can have 2 weapons, it's not possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there even a point for Blood DK's to DW nowadays?
    Just nostalgia for me.

And more Bloodworms IIRC, but a lot less DPS.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Dual wielding is a passive talent.. so no healer can have 2 weapons, it's not possible.
    We need a non-Enhancement Shaman to tell us if they get DW or not.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

We need a non-Enhancement Shaman to tell us if they get DW or not.
    You could just look them up on one of the various sites for this purpose. WoWhead at least says they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You could just look them up on one of the various sites for this purpose. WoWhead at least says they don't.
    Yeah, DW is specbased for Enhancement but classwide for DKs.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, DW is specbased for Enhancement but classwide for DKs.
    they could just spec-specify DW to Frost and Unholy, or just Frost, as it has no point being UH.

10+ Year Old Account
    they could just spec-specify DW to Frost and Unholy, or just Frost, as it has no point being UH.
    Or they could get around to fixing DW UH and DW Blood.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Mistweavers would like to have a word with you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Mistweavers would like to have a word with you...
    Last I checked Mistweavers don't get dual wield, only Windwalkers and Brewmasters.

What I want to know is - how will this play out with class restrictions?

Will shamans be able to transmog swords?