Thread: H Lei Shi help

H Lei Shi help

Hi everyone. We did a few attempts on Heroic Lei shi. Adds were not a problem at all and healers were fine on mana. However we are failing horribly on scary fog. I have no idea how to handle this. We tried having myself going blood and getting a ton of stacks (aka 3 tanks) but literally we would get the boss to about 50% and hit the enrage pretty much. We had myself and our lock doing it. Can anyone explain how to handle scary fog and who is supposed to do it and how lol. Thanks for your time. I assume more then 2 people are supposed to be doing it but I have no idea how to set a rotation up.

Protadin / Blood DK

Disc Hpal Rsham

Frost DK Mage Warlock Rogue Boomkin

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ha...=12405&e=12771

Mage and Warlock stack Scary Fog. Mage resets his stack every time he reaches 9 - 10 stacks. Warlock only resets his stack once at 10 and then lets it stack to 20 to burn the boss at 20%. Use the gateway to your advantage.

Always kill the add that spawns nearest to your Mage/Warlock in order to kill it quickly.

^ Still having issues if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to respond We tried getting the lock to 20 stacks and he got owned

You don't need 20 stacks..

Stay at 8-10 and only go above 10 if you're saving it for a Get away cast and warlock has to save cds for this or get them from someone else. Also reset after Get away unless you're already at very low stacks.

With 2 people generating stacks, if they both are overlapping their circles on the mob do the stacks add together or does it simply take the highest stack of the 2? Should they both always be overlapping if that's the case, or is the second one there simply for backup if the first stacker drops their stacks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    With 2 people generating stacks, if they both are overlapping their circles on the mob do the stacks add together or does it simply take the highest stack of the 2? Should they both always be overlapping if that's the case, or is the second one there simply for backup if the first stacker drops their stacks?
    It just takes the highest stack.

have the mage and warlock do stacks. use the warlock portal to move in and out with the stacks. we also have our disc priest stay out till 11-15 stacks then just go in and drop them. Disc has alot of passive reduction so is able to stay out a bit. our dps go to 12-15 then drop and reset. 10 stacks is a safe number, higher than that and the damage goes up alot

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what ended up working for us:

-3 healed it (with a disc which is OP on this fight)
    -3 dps managing stacks. Mage/Lock/Hunter
    -all used demonic gateway to port in and out. Always somewhere between 7-12 stacks (aiming for 9 but it isn't exact with hides and all that).

We liked having 3 people do it because it was quite easy to allow the disc to keep the tanks up while me and the other healer focused on the 3 fog soakers and rotating CDs for get away. This allows more room for error with stacks occasionally dropping during hide or whatever. More than anything you just need to make sure you always have SOMEONE putting 7+ on the boss. Uptime is key.

This is a very small point but on the pull the raid would go in with its 1 stack, I would stay out til 2 stacks, then our lock would come in at 3 stacks and stay until the mage/hunter was up to 7 or so. At that point we would start our normal rotation. This just gives you more time with SOME increased damage on the boss off the pull while you're waiting to start your normal fog rotation.

Disc is so great on the fight so make sure he's just smite/penance/holy fire spamming pretty much the whole time. Our disc did 70k hps or so 70% of it came from atonement.

Honestly if the adds aren't insta gibbing anyone in the raid you are close to a kill, just be prepared for the 5 add waves at %40 and %20.

I don't know how helpful it will be but if you want to see a video of our kill you can follow the link to our site in my signature, there are 2 POV vids there (hunter and resto druid w/ vent).
    Last edited by edlike; 2013-01-21 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a little melee heavy for the fight, so it pays to have a bigger roster. You generally want your most mobile ranged to handle scary fog. My guild just decided to 3 heal it to make it easier, but we usually kill her each week about 10-20 seconds before enrage. We use a Warlock, Mage and Hunter. You want to have stacks constantly on the boss and add that you are burning. You want each phase to go by as quickly as possible, so assign spots to AoE during hide, and make your tank quickly choose an add to mark and kill while CCs are being thrown out on adds (also handled by assigned spots, or the best that they can be handled accordingly). Mage starts off using 3 stacks on the boss and the other 2 keep gaining stacks. Each of them rotate in and out getting their stacks at a maximum of 10 and then when someone is inside with 10 stacks, usually the Mage blinking in for Get Away (which is crucial to have high stacks on), and then staying in until stacks fall off. Each of the DPS will continue to follow the pattern of gain stacks, then go in when the other 2 are gaining stacks, and then getting to a max of 8-10 while staying inside and having them fall off. Your biggest issue will be handling the phases as quickly as you can. We can kill it a lot faster if we handle Scary Fog a lot differently, since we are 3 healing it for that purpose, or we can 2 heal it for extra damage. We chose a safer route for the first few weeks and it seems to work just fine. Get Away's damage can continue to do a lot of damage, especially without proper stacks or CD usage, while using 3 healers, which is where their extra heals come in. Having 1 less healer will give you more damage to push it quicker so you wont heal as much, so it balances out. Save Lust/Hero for one of the last set of adds during Protect because you want them gone quickly so the boss can be pushed into Get Away or hide smoother since she is using Spray at a much higher rate.

Deleted
    We are using 3 tanks at this fight. Warlock and Hunter are rotating till I (Blood DK for this fight / full stamina gear) got 14 stacks. After that it is easy to stack up till 20 and the healers have only to heal me cuz warlock and hunter will drop the stacks. And there is no tank change necessary because I will tank the add with cooldowns.

When I got around 14 stacks I will go to the boss. at 16 seconds i will move out again to restack the debuff. Short: Warlock and Hunter are rotating -> Warlock and Hunter will drop Stacks -> 14 Stacks -> Boss -> [around 16 seconds left] go out to restack -> boss and so on

We tried over 20 times the 2 tank tactic after we changed to 3 tanks it took us 5 tries.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=8457&e=8838
    Last edited by mmoc0abd72c007; 2013-01-22 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    i want only to say thanks to physx, yesterday we down leishi following your tactics and she died in 5 try, i can confirm is a lot simple and is the fastest way to learn and down this boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Physx View Post
    We are using 3 tanks at this fight. Warlock and Hunter are rotating till I (Blood DK for this fight / full stamina gear) got 14 stacks. After that it is easy to stack up till 20 and the healers have only to heal me cuz warlock and hunter will drop the stacks. And there is no tank change necessary because I will tank the add with cooldowns.

When I got around 14 stacks I will go to the boss. at 16 seconds i will move out again to restack the debuff. Short: Warlock and Hunter are rotating -> Warlock and Hunter will drop Stacks -> 14 Stacks -> Boss -> [around 16 seconds left] go out to restack -> boss and so on

We tried over 20 times the 2 tank tactic after we changed to 3 tanks it took us 5 tries.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=8457&e=8838
    Not sure if I understood it correctly, when you get 14 stacks (Blood DK) Warlock and Hunter are dropping their stacks and you are the only player with full-time debuff up to 20 stacks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veranious View Post
    Not sure if I understood it correctly, when you get 14 stacks (Blood DK) Warlock and Hunter are dropping their stacks and you are the only player with full-time debuff up to 20 stacks?
    Yes that is right. When I got around 17 seconds left on the debuff I will move out to restack it because the refresh is random. You have only to watch the timers for the specials.

my group does not have a third tank, was wondering if i as a warlock could assume that role and use Dark apothesis to build to 20 stacks, taunt the add we are killing to me and max uptime on the boss only moving out to refresh stacks? i had read there is a strat with a warlock going to 20 stacks but i dont see it possible as normal demo,destro,afflic without using DA

So using this Lei Shi post
    My guild is working trying to kill it as well on heroic

Our setup is
    Prot Pally
    Prot War

Healers
    Pally
    Disc
    Sham

DPS
    Moonkin
    Frost DK
    Hunter
    Shadow Priest
    Warlock

We are using 3 dps on the rotation on the stacks
    Shadow priest, Lock and Hunter ( shdow priest just get stacks until 60% after that he just resets and dont bother with it)

During add phase prot pally targets the skull for kill while the warrior stays full time with boss. 40 and 20 %s tank change boss and add when stacks of the add tank drops.
    We are having some trouble with cc on the adds sometimes and tanks dying around 20 30 % sometimes. pally even switched all his gems for stamina to help.

here is our logs from last night http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zvjaak39y8137fzp/

Also any advice about tanking would be helpfull ( im the prot pally )

Sorry about the english mistakes isnt my native language
    Last edited by ronaro; 2013-03-01 at 01:41 PM.

Honestly, if you have a DPS DK just make him go Blood and its much much easier.

Have 2 dps alternate on Lei and stacking til 10-11ish, by then the Blood DK soaking will be at 15 at which point the dps let theirs drop and just DK deals with stacks. Lock portal for the Dk to make get awat positioning easier. The Blood DK also grips/tanks and marks the skull add, which dies pretty much instantly with 15+ stacks on it. Your other tank can just watch to taunt a loose add or w/e until it's time to tank swap on Lei. Your lock can CC 2 adds each time easily (blood fear + banish), Hunter 2 also (Wyyvern + scatter trap) and even sham if need be with Bind Ele. Should be easy to keep adds off healers if people dont AoE and just focus the Skull that the stack DK has.

It doesn't trivialize the encounter, but it makes it much simpler. You have the best possible class for Stack/Add tanking in a DK too.