15+ Year Old Account

Just coming back : need stat/gear help

A few of my friends started playing D3 again, and so I stated tagging along. I had been keeping up with the changes to the game, for the most part, but it has been a long time since I was last playing and my demon hunter is still in full glass cannon mode. I see videos and such and players talking about putting some resistance up and not fully focusing so much on brute force, but I honestly do not know where to begin.

I only have about 600k at present, so my spending budget is not high. Below is a link to my Armory profile.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J...0/hero/1237022

What should I do for gear changes, first of all? As you can see, my resistance is next to nothing. Reflect Damage kills me in a matter of seconds right now with my new shot selection of Ball Lightning. I tried running Shadow Power but in my current gear, it still wasn't making much of a dent in my survivability. I would simply get 2-shot rather than instagibbed by mobs running with my friends on MP 5-6. I know I should probably be running around 400 or so resistances, but I honestly do not know what pieces of my gear I should replace and what I should be going for statswise in their stead.

Secondly, what about my build? Does it seem fine? I'm running the ferrets right now just to try and get some gold increase, since my total is so low. Once I have resistance, do I switch to Shadow Power and leave everything else the same? Are my shot selections fine? What about passives, if I change my gear a bit should I change those, as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Fenixdown; 2013-01-20 at 12:57 PM.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Link doesn't work.

Your best tool for Reflect is SP-Gloom but in higher mp it still not enough. You'll just have to live with that until the patch.
    400 resist is fine, as long as you have enough EHP not to get 1shot by ubers you are fine.

You can get some decent upgrades for 600k but I can't give you any specific advice blindly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, I fixed the link. Let's try this again.

Deleted
    Drop marked for death and use shadowpower with gloom, drop sharp shooter and use either night stalker for disc regen or perfectionist to increase some hp and ar if you feel you`re low.
    On the gear part
    Get a helm with crit and possibly a socket
    get bracers with crit chance
    change your chest aim for lets say 90 dex 3 sockets 120+vit and some ar
    shoulders more dex more vit and maybe some ar
    get crit chance on rings
    get crit on gloves
    more vit and ar on legs
    ms on boots
    vit and ar on belt
    get a dead mans legacy with as much as as you can afford they`re very cheap atm
    your xbow will do for now but after you get some gear aim for a manticore with 2 sockets and 1.1k+ dps

heres a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEK16...LM6acg&index=6
    this guys explains gearing on a budget pretty well and has all the info you need to know after comming back

15+ Year Old Account
    That was a massive help Sythan, thank you! I only did some limited testing but I can definitely solo MP 5 with some kiting skills, and in co-op play I still do enough damage where I don't feel like I'm just being carried. Survivability has increased tenfold.

I would say don't worry about doing high MP's just go with an MP that you can blitz for some paragon lvls with alkaizer runs faster you clear the faster gold will accumulate.
    For items you can probably pick up Natalya's chest with 150+ vit and 90+ dex for roughly 100-200k (which is about 2 alkaizer runs which take about 15 mins per) and a pair of Natalya's boots which can cost a bit BUT it has all resist and decent dex and with the set you also gain a free 7% crit which will spike your dps.

I would swap bola shot with hungering arrow with spray of teeth since hungering can hit more then once and with crits will AE, for stat priority it goes something like this Dex>CC>CD>ASPD roughly something to that effect.

I also don't see the point of farming high monster power unless your going to do ubers with lower mp you still get decent drops as well as faster runs which yield more gold and chances are more gear.

Your kinda at the same place I am with my char, decent enough gear to blitz the first few MP's, but the next gear upgrade becomes a bit pricey.