thinking of moving to a RP-PVP server

I'm pondering moving to Emerald Dream, seeing as its the only high pop RP-PVP server on the realm list. I've always played my dwarf hunter as if it were that, and thought maybe the RP element of the server can show some interesting interactions. Is the World PVP/ leveling scene still active? Do low levels still get ganked alot? Which realms are connected to emerald dream through the cross realm zones? Also, since I like to be slightly underdog, how are the horde/alliance ratio and does the horde go out of its way daily to attack the alliance? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStrangeLuv View Post
    I'm pondering moving to Emerald Dream, seeing as its the only high pop RP-PVP server on the realm list. I've always played my dwarf hunter as if it were that, and thought maybe the RP element of the server can show some interesting interactions. Is the World PVP/ leveling scene still active? Do low levels still get ganked alot? Which realms are connected to emerald dream through the cross realm zones? Also, since I like to be slightly underdog, how are the horde/alliance ratio and does the horde go out of its way daily to attack the alliance? Thanks.

Well I've spent majority of my time on Emerald Dream alliance side. Its probably the most active realm I've been on during my time in WoW. It definitely has an active WPVP scene. However, I quit the game recently and things have been really slow of late. Late cata brought in an influx of transfers to the realm that were not open to RP but mostly for the WPVP and PVE since they though they could get their easy realm 1st.

Because of this RP has died off, trade chat these days are filled with complete trolls, RPers get mocked and made fun off. The A:H ratio is pretty much even. There are daily city raids on both ORg and SW and other cities. Well WPVP was at its highest during Cata cause people were so bored. But it seems like everyone that is currently on is busy with dailies and all so things have slowed down a bit but its still better than most realms.

I also think the CRZ killed of the realm community cause there are even more trolls now out in the world which makes RP non existent and is now only done in guilds if rarely. So I often see people from the Malestorm, Lightinhoof, Bleeding Hollow and a few others. I think Lighting Blade as well.

I think the "low level" ganking has died off a long time back. Most people in heirlooms basically spam dungeons from level 15 onwards. Its mostly the newbs that go out and level.

But the good thing about ED is that it pretty much has high activity 24/7. There is lot to do. Its a good realm overall but things have gotten worse recently with a long of wrong people transferring to the realm.

thanks for answering! I really wanted to experience the whole going out into the world and fighting/ganking horde, but it seems from what your saying is that ED isnt the best choice for this?

If you're a shit stabber then you'll enjoy RP realms.

Infracted. This kind of comment isn't allowed here.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-21 at 05:30 PM.