Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    We still need to actually kill Neptulon. He's supposed to be the strongest of the elemental lords by far, yet we keep getting Ragnaros.
    Yeah dude, Neptulon is kind of our ally, along with Therazane. Only Al'Akir and Ragnaros actually sided with their former masters.

Anyway, this is an incredible piece of work. I look forward to seeing what else you've got up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No more underwater zones, please.
    Still your tongue. I LOVED Vash'jir.

I like this concept overall. I don't think it will be the next expac though. Too much information from Wrathion quests suggests the burning legion is about to return so I think we will have another demon expansion before they focus on Az'shara.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    We still need to actually kill Neptulon. He's supposed to be the strongest of the elemental lords by far, yet we keep getting Ragnaros.
    Neptulon is our Ally, bra, and so is Therazane.

L2lore.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why would we kill Neptulon?

He was our Ally during Cataclysm. He's the equivalent of Therazane being our ally.

If anything he still is, unless N'zoth has tainted him.
    I think when we deal with Azshara we'll find she's already killed Neptulon and taken his elemental lord powers for herself.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    Yeah dude, Neptulon is kind of our ally, along with Therazane. Only Al'Akir and Ragnaros actually sided with their former masters.

Anyway, this is an incredible piece of work. I look forward to seeing what else you've got up your sleeve.
    Thank you!

I'll be working on the Archaeology, Professional Jobs, and tweaking the Zones probably this week.

If anyone could help me draw Maps and what not that'd be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

*Professional Guilds: get a Job! No, really! Those who have honed their professional abilities to their absolute brim may now take up jobs in the world to a certain Master Guild. It's not how it sounds! Players of all Professions, once meeting level 675 for their profession(s) will receive an invitation to join the likes of the Masters of all trades, quest with them to find patterns that don't simply drop in Raids nor Dungeons, and cannot be found in the normal world. Some patterns make extremely powerful gear, while others make devices that can be used to explore certain locked off areas of the world.

This would be so awesome to have! Would be a real reward for those who max out all of it and go the extra mile!

*Professional Guilds: get a Job! No, really! Those who have honed their professional abilities to their absolute brim may now take up jobs in the world to a certain Master Guild. It's not how it sounds! Players of all Professions, once meeting level 675 for their profession(s) will receive an invitation to join the likes of the Masters of all trades, quest with them to find patterns that don't simply drop in Raids nor Dungeons, and cannot be found in the normal world. Some patterns make extremely powerful gear, while others make devices that can be used to explore certain locked off areas of the world.

This would be so awesome! A great reward for those who go the extra mile and lvl all professoins!

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Still your tongue. I LOVED Vash'jir.
    Vashjir looked great but underwater movement and combat is very clunky and clumsy in WoW. Mechanicswise, I dislike underwater combat of any form. And then there's the whole Vashjir archaeology sites... *shudder*

Visually Vashjir was beyond epic. I love how they captured the essence of a mysterious and endless ocean, flush with life, ancient secrets, and hungry leviathans

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Vashjir looked great but underwater movement and combat is very clunky and clumsy in WoW. Mechanicswise, I dislike underwater combat of any form. And then there's the whole Vashjir archaeology sites... *shudder*

Visually Vashjir was beyond epic. I love how they captured the essence of a mysterious and endless ocean, flush with life, ancient secrets, and hungry leviathans
    Well, those zones like Vashjir will be above ground now is this expansion happens. :x

I hope some of your zones are underwater.

Really neat ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    I hope some of your zones are underwater.

Really neat ideas
    Yeah, underwater zones have a polarized amount of feedback.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healingpro View Post

This would be so awesome to have! Would be a real reward for those who max out all of it and go the extra mile!
    With how well the Tillers went over, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually is implemented somewhere along MoP and Expansion V.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah, underwater zones have a polarized amount of feedback.
    Way I see it, just give players the option of non-underwater zones for the same level bracket and it'd be fine.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

While I was not really a fan of underwater zones like Vash'ir, I wouldn't mind having a zone or 2 underwater. It would just make sense for a naga expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo! Quite the OP! You've hit all the notes that I would like to see in a naga-raise-the-bottom-of-the-ocean expansion. Particularly interested in the Ruins of Broken Time - I love trekking through ancient ruins, and having a zone made up of them sounds interesting. Should be lots of sunken and underground places to explore!

I'm interested in how you're going to do story-progression with this idea and what the players would be doing over the course of the content.

Good to see Ny'alotha included too, and if you're looking for more appropriate artwork, here's a few choice images:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...in-d5flwyx.jpg
    http://mrloach.files.wordpress.com/2...yehfinish2.jpg
    http://a.tuis.free.fr/images_color/A...sOfMadness.jpg
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7...csimonetti.jpg

All artwork is based on the fiction that inspired the Old Gods and all their related weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    While I was not really a fan of underwater zones like Vash'ir, I wouldn't mind having a zone or 2 underwater. It would just make sense for a naga expansion.
    There are some places in Mists where you're called upon to do a few underwater quests, and the movement mechanics operate as they do in Vashj'ir. I say just add a few regions like that within a couple of zones, rather than setting aside one great big zone that's always underwater. These regions did rise off the sea floor afterall - any caves or ruins that are below sea level are going to be flooded. Personally, I loved Vashj'ir, and felt it had the best quest-flow and storyline in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Woo! Quite the OP! You've hit all the notes that I would like to see in a naga-raise-the-bottom-of-the-ocean expansion. Particularly interested in the Ruins of Broken Time - I love trekking through ancient ruins, and having a zone made up of them sounds interesting. Should be lots of sunken and underground places to explore!

I'm interested in how you're going to do story-progression with this idea and what the players would be doing over the course of the content.

Good to see Ny'alotha included too, and if you're looking for more appropriate artwork, here's a few choice images:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...in-d5flwyx.jpg
    http://mrloach.files.wordpress.com/2...yehfinish2.jpg
    http://a.tuis.free.fr/images_color/A...sOfMadness.jpg
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7...csimonetti.jpg

All artwork is based on the fiction that inspired the Old Gods and all their related weirdness.
    Thank ya, friend!

Everything described is just a simplistic basis for the story progression.

The main part of the story, aside from combating the Naga and N'zoth, will also be exploring the past.

This expansion would be one that could be dubbed "Revelation", because a lot of answers would come form it.

N'zoth would give us some actual insight into what Primordial Azeroth was like, along with the Titans.

Queen Azshara too, and I want to explore her character, making her vanity and lust for power simply a mask for her true character underneath.

And to add to that, how the Horde and Alliance leaders/members are reacting to the events of Siege of Orgrimmar.

We of course don't know what happens, but some may still be reeling by certain losses, and others now dealing with their new responsibilities, whether it be leadering your people in a new way, or other situations.

I don't get it why people think redoing the old races or adding sub races to the existing ones is such a big and cool thing.

First : it wont be that new, they will keep the basic model and probably animations and just make it look a bit better.
    Second : with all the armor you put on your char you will barely notice the cosmetic improvements
    Third: adding a sub race of an existing one I believe is boring,if you already have tauren whats the point of creating a second one just to look like taunka,maybe for new players its better but for old ones that already have like 11 char not that much.

I think this is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    I don't get it why people think redoing the old races or adding sub races to the existing ones is such a big and cool thing.

First : it wont be that new, they will keep the basic model and probably animations and just make it look a bit better.
    Second : with all the armor you put on your char you will barely notice the cosmetic improvements
    Third: adding a sub race of an existing one I believe is boring,if you already have tauren whats the point of creating a second one just to look like taunka,maybe for new players its better but for old ones that already have like 11 char not that much.
    I disagree most of what you said. I think it lets people really stand out with not just how their gear looks, but also the Race they represent.

Love the idea and cant wait to see more, however i dont think king Rastakhan should be a evil villan.

It was Zul that allied with the Mogu after the cataclysm destroyed Zalandir. King Rastakhan has always wanted the Zalandir to be a strong kingdom again, yet time and time again they make the wrong decisions and there allies fall to the Horde and Alliance. Id rather have king Rastakhan lead a group of Zalandir trolls against Zul who is now proclaiming himself king because he controls most of the Zalandir forces.

Surkhan in Stranglethorn Vale receives news that Zalandir had fallen but the King had survived with a group of Trolls and that they were seeking shelter. Surkhan immediately sends word to Darkspear Isle that Zul was trying to take control of the Zalandir forces. Zen'tabra then flies(Druid) to where vol'jin is recovering, telling him everything that happened.

This starts a phased questline that sends horde players to the island of Tel Abim just off the coast of Kalimdor where the Zalandir trolls have built shelters. Horde players help the Zalandir trolls with Supplies, fending off naga forces and Alliance ships where eventually Vol'jin shows up and speaks with Rastakhan who then decides to join the Horde. The Horde and Zalandir build up Tel Abim into a Horde island( troll architecture, both Darkspear and Zalandir). Rastakhan acknowledges that the Darkspear, the smallest of all the troll tribes were the strongest tribe all along, as there alliance with the Horde has made them strong enough to fight back any Zalandir effort to regain there kingdom. At the end King Rastakhan gives up his title and settles as the Zalandir survivors leader and becomes an advisor to Voljin who proclaims a new troll empire to be reborn, not as it use to be but one that will stand with the Horde.

(This would then allow Zalandir troll skins to be added for your troll sub-race, along with the Amani Skins from the Revantusk trolls who have also been bolstered with Amani trolls fleeing Zul Aman.)

Kinda hoping that happens during Mists tho once we deal with the Thunder king the Zalandir trolls will suffer yet another defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    Love the idea and cant wait to see more, however i dont think king Rastakhan should be a evil villan.

It was Zul that allied with the Mogu after the cataclysm destroyed Zalandir. King Rastakhan has always wanted the Zalandir to be a strong kingdom again, yet time and time again they make the wrong decisions and there allies fall to the Horde and Alliance. Id rather have king Rastakhan lead a group of Zalandir trolls against Zul who is now proclaiming himself king because he controls most of the Zalandir forces.

Surkhan in Stranglethorn Vale receives news that Zalandir had fallen but the King had survived with a group of Trolls and that they were seeking shelter. Surkhan immediately sends word to Darkspear Isle that Zul was trying to take control of the Zalandir forces. Zen'tabra then flies(Druid) to where vol'jin is recovering, telling him everything that happened.

This starts a phased questline that sends horde players to the island of Tel Abim just off the coast of Kalimdor where the Zalandir trolls have built shelters. Horde players help the Zalandir trolls with Supplies, fending off naga forces and Alliance ships where eventually Vol'jin shows up and speaks with Rastakhan who then decides to join the Horde. The Horde and Zalandir build up Tel Abim into a Horde island( troll architecture, both Darkspear and Zalandir). Rastakhan acknowledges that the Darkspear, the smallest of all the troll tribes were the strongest tribe all along, as there alliance with the Horde has made them strong enough to fight back any Zalandir effort to regain there kingdom. At the end King Rastakhan gives up his title and settles as the Zalandir survivors leader and becomes an advisor to Voljin who proclaims a new troll empire to be reborn, not as it use to be but one that will stand with the Horde.

(This would then allow Zalandir troll skins to be added for your troll sub-race, along with the Amani Skins from the Revantusk trolls who have also been bolstered with Amani trolls fleeing Zul Aman.)

Kinda hoping that happens during Mists tho once we deal with the Thunder king the Zalandir trolls will suffer yet another defeat.
    Oh, he's a villain.

He's become kind of like Azshara, I guess. Made a bargain with N'zoth as Zandalar sank into the ocean depths.

But nice ideas, man!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long live underwater zones! Vash'ir = best place ever in the entire game now make an underwater zone please