Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    the image shows 39 degrees as peak temp hence i ask :P 60-61 sounds more reasonable and is actually quite cool for a gpu.
    God damnit haha, i posted the same image twice woops, here is the test on:P my bad
    http://i.imgur.com/N8GZDi6.jpg

I also just took a pic on my phone - http://i.imgur.com/xNr2ljJ.jpg
    their are 2 power pins that are attatched to the yellow wire going on the graphics card if you can see them, they are not plugged into anything, i have used the power cables with came with the psu to power the gpu, i got cables with the gpu for power but i have not used them, should i be using them ?
    Last edited by mrstinky127; 2013-01-20 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstinky127 View Post
    God damnit haha, i posted the same image twice woops, here is the test on:P my bad
    http://i.imgur.com/N8GZDi6.jpg
    nothing out of the ordinary there, what driver version are you using?

nothing out of the ordinary there, what driver version are you using?
    i edited my last post, the image from my phone, is that ok ? should i use tha cables that came with the gpu ? and im not sure what you mean by "what driver" i have got the catalyst 31.1 version, i checked on their if my card needs updating and it says that it is up to date.

is this it ?
    Driver packaging version - 9.012-121219a-151592C-ATI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstinky127 View Post
    i edited my last post, the image from my phone, is that ok ? should i use tha cables that came with the gpu ? and im not sure what you mean by "what driver" i have got the catalyst 31.1 version, i checked on their if my card needs updating and it says that it is up to date.

is this it ?
    Driver packaging version - 9.012-121219a-151592C-ATI
    default wiring should be fine.
    maybe you can check catalyst beta versions on their site even though you got the latest release version already. (hardware wise you seem fine)
    31.1 (pick any higher version and is likely labeled as "BETA" but i heard the last patch has been pretty stable)

default wiring should be fine.
    maybe you can check catalyst beta versions on their site even though you got the latest release version already. (hardware wise you seem fine)
    31.1 (pick any higher version and is likely labeled as "BETA" but i heard the last patch has been pretty stable)
    Ok then, ill download the beta version and see how it goes, if it happens again ill hit you up in this thread or ill shoot you a PM, thanks for your help been much appreciated.

This just happened to me last week, even made a thread about it. I bought an XFX HD 7970 Ghz edition. Installed it, installed the latest drivers. Went to play Crysis 2 and about 5 minutes into the game my screen goes black and the fans on the GPU speed up to 100% until I did a hard reset. This happened multiple times and even happened in Dota 2 and Battlefield 3. I tried downgrading the drivers to a previous version, same thing. I talked to XFX about it and they said it was defective and to RMA it. So I had to RMA the card but instead of a refund I got a replacement of the same card. Replacement card came, installed it, updated drivers to latest and I'm having no problems with this one, been playing crysis 2 for 3 hours today with not a single problem. Hopefully you can still RMA it

Deleted
    Hi - sorry to necro this thread a bit, but I'm having exactly the same issue with the same symptoms, however I have had the PC for about 6 months, and it has been fine until the last couple of days. No heat problems at all, all fans working fine. Suddenly the GPU fan goes mental and the screen goes black. Have the most up to date drivers. Radeon 7870 GHz edition. Any advice? Can't really send the card back considering I bought it ages ago.

Deleted
    define ages ago? iirc cards are out <2 years so warranty should apply, OP eventually had to do that aswell.

Deleted
    Ah well, 5 months ago - may have to send it back then, thank you. :]