Deleted

[Arcane] what playstyle is putting out highest numbers?

Hi, my guild is currently progressing 9/16 hc and we are progressing on vizier hc atm.

I was wondering what playstyle puts out highest numbers at this moment?
    Frost armor + invo Haste stacked
    Mage armor + invo Haste stacked
    Mage armor + RoP Mastery stacked
    Mage armor + RoP Haste stacked

Currently running Mage armor + RoP Mastery stacked.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w7ju8xfxhhcm51br/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses

wipenight on vizier overall dps.

Also was wondering if there are thoughts on how to play arcane in 5.2.

Please show me logs or anything. Can't do much with what you guys prefer, so please show me some proof.

Thanks,

Deleted
    Mage Armor + Invo Haste stack isnt a real build, its wrong. .
    Same for Mage armor + RoP Haste stacked.

Either you go for full mastery + Mage armor, or Full Haste + Frost Armor

RoP Haste / Mastery are pulling roughly the same numbers and are "imo" the best specs at the moment. Mastery pulling slightly ahead at higher (~495+ ilvl) and on AoE fights (cause of barrage)
    Invo Haste / FArmor is pulling good numbers, pretty similar to RoP Haste/Mastery, and is being tested cause of 5.2 scorch nerf + pretty good on "heavy" movements fights

Deleted
    So for me there is no point in going invo + full haste frost armor?
    Just wanted to know what puts out highest numbers atm.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/D%C3%B9tcho/simple

full mastery build + frost armor to get that extra NT tick is what im using and yes im topping my meter and ROP\

hmmm my thought on 5.2 would leaning on stacking haste but im really not sure at this point since i havent tested PTR yet :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutcho View Post
    So for me there is no point in going invo + full haste frost armor?
    Just wanted to know what puts out highest numbers atm.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/D%C3%B9tcho/simple
    Thats a valid build, but dont expect gaining 10k of dps with this, you'll probably even loose some at first, and then doing roughly the same dps as before once you got the hang of it. But it could be a QoL increase )

Mastery - Mage Armor - RoP - AB +x is the 'build' you want.

Deleted
    Well that's what i'm using now, i see so much threads here about going full haste + frost amor that i was wondering if that puts out higher numbers.
    For now i'll keep it like this then.

Thanks

Well that's what i'm using now, i see so much threads here about going full haste + frost amor that i was wondering if that puts out higher numbers.

Thanks
    If you can turret 95% of the time without losing your stacks and can play it perfectly, then mastery rop with Mage armor is the "best"

Otherwise, haste rop with frost armor is better

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks
    It's not that it is putting out higher numbers it that it is more forgiving and offers options. Stacking full mastery+mage armor you really only get to use RoP, sure you could run invo but why gimp yourself that way? With full haste+frost armor you can go RoP or Invo, depending on movement, with not a huge gap between the two. You also have much higher in combat regen so if you mess up and hit one or two too many ABs you can recover with minimal loss.

Out of the three "builds" I would rank them as such(Mastery obv using Mage armor and Haste obv using Frost armor),
    Mastery-RoP
    Haste-RoP
    Haste-Invo

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted

Balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    It's not that it is putting out higher numbers it that it is more forgiving and offers options. Stacking full mastery+mage armor you really only get to use RoP, sure you could run invo but why gimp yourself that way? With full haste+frost armor you can go RoP or Invo, depending on movement, with not a huge gap between the two. You also have much higher in combat regen so if you mess up and hit one or two too many ABs you can recover with minimal loss.

Out of the three "builds" I would rank them as such(Mastery obv using Mage armor and Haste obv using Frost armor),
    Mastery-RoP
    Haste-RoP
    Haste-Invo
    Through SimCing my own gear I have noticed that the stat weights for haste and mastery oscillate depending on which is stacked - ie. if I stack haste it recommend mastery, if I stack mastery it recommends haste. This leads me to conclude that the optimal build is in fact a balance between mastery and haste.

I use the "non-build" haste-stacked + mage armour + rop for most fights, and haste + frost armour + invoc for movement fights. I find that the balanced rop version gives me the best theoretical numbers in SimC.

My conclusion from this is that haste-stacking (and mastery-stacking) provides diminishing returns.

A secondary benefit of haste-stacking is that it gives me a viable frost OS for fights which are more appropriate.

I've been more of a fan of the Haste build. I try to play close to perfectly without ever dropping stacks, but it doesn't happen. I like the faster mana regen of the Haste build because it allows for a little more flexibility when you use an extra AB when you "shouldn't have." Or when you drop your stacks for some reason be it boss mechanic or too much movement without being in range to use Arcane Explosion, you get back up to 6 stacks quicker.

Deleted
    I'm trying to play perfect on progression bosses so i will stack to mage + mastery rop. If full haste + frost armor + invo how long are your AB's then?

1.1s ish with lust, normally 1.4 or 1.5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    1.1s ish with lust, normally 1.4 or 1.5
    Same for me, sometimes less cause EoT procs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Same for me, sometimes less cause EoT procs
    By "less" do you mean "clipped by GCD" ? Because that's what I experienced when testing this last night, with full haste + FA + procs + lust I was getting 0.9s AB cast times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopriel View Post
    By "less" do you mean "clipped by GCD" ? Because that's what I experienced when testing this last night, with full haste + FA + procs + lust I was getting 0.9s AB cast times
    Yeah but thats only when the stars align so I dont think it a dps loss, considering it dont have Light os Cosmos anyway... Having EoT while AP/trinkets is just too much fun .

Deleted
    I am probably going to switch to arcane as well. The logs are just too compelling in arcanes favour at the moment, especially for my imeasly ilvl 488

So to summarise am I right in thinking we have three viable builds:-

ROP, Mage Armor, Mastery
    ROP, Frost Armor, Haste
    INVO, Frost Armor, Haste

Where ROP, Mage Armor and Matsery is probably better if we can keep the stacks up, but the other two are more forgiving if we can't, and offer perhaps a little more flexibility in that we have the option of taking invocation and not ROP in heavy movement fights?

If so, and I wanted to use soomething like MrRobot to select my gear for me the weights it suggest at the moment are:-

Int: 4.43
    Spell Power: 3.68
    Spell Hit: 3.19
    Mastery: 2.49
    Haste 2.2
    Crit 1.67

How do these sound to you for the Mastery build? And if I wanted to use a haste build, do you have any suggestions for how I would change the stats? Is there a soft haste cap I would need to put in?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageortom View Post
    I am probably going to switch to arcane as well. The logs are just too compelling in arcanes favour at the moment, especially for my imeasly ilvl 488

So to summarise am I right in thinking we have three viable builds:-

ROP, Mage Armor, Mastery
    ROP, Frost Armor, Haste
    INVO, Frost Armor, Haste

Where ROP, Mage Armor and Mastery is probably better if we can keep the stacks up, but the other two are more forgiving if we can't, and offer perhaps a little more flexibility in that we have the option of taking invocation and not ROP in heavy movement fights?

If so, and I wanted to use soomething like MrRobot to select my gear for me the weights it suggest at the moment are:-

Int: 4.43
    Spell Power: 3.68
    Spell Hit: 3.19
    Mastery: 2.49
    Haste 2.2
    Crit 1.67

How do these sound to you for the Mastery build? And if I wanted to use a haste build, do you have any suggestions for how I would change the stats? Is there a soft haste cap I would need to put in?

RoP/Mast/Mage Armor = RoP/Haste/Frost Armor, the difference is barely noticeable. Mastery being ahead when you use AoE Arcane Barrage on packs (if you use it)

Mast/Mage Armor = Slower, but bigger numbers
    Haste/Frost Armor = More spells, but lower numbers

I like haste the most cause its more "fun", feels more fluid and its more forgiving if somehow you loose your stacks (dont wanna cast ABlast for 15 seconds to be back at 6 stacks ). This also gives you the choice to switch to frost if you want, because haste is the top stat too, I prefer frost to run dailys/heroics.

Invo/Haste is still kind of a niche spec being tried cause of scorch nerfs coming in 5.2, but its seems viable.

For AskMrRobot, these weight are good for Mastery heavy build, just switch haste/mast if you wanna try the haste heavy spec (so haste 2.49, mast 2.2) and it'll be good.

Try both, pick the one you like the most and enjoy
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-01-24 at 03:54 PM.