Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fastest way to boost ilvl?

Hi there

As the title says.. Fastest way to boost ilvl?

Ah doesnt have much gear to pourchase, so that isnt helping very much :S

Deleted
    run heroics with friends, if we're talking about freshly dinged characters here.

> Heroics til all items are 463 and/or item level is 463
    > Upgrade blues with excess JP to 471
    > Do dailies for VP rep gear (not necessary but it helps)
    > Do Mogu'shan Vaults LFR
    > Hope you have 471 item level
    > Do Terrace and Heart of Fear LFR
    > Do all LFR's weekly

Edited: Don't forget that doing dailies allows you to get the 3 bonus roll tokens each week!

why did no one mention Scenarios? ive been gearing my offspec pretty easy there with epics and blues dropping in bag and valor and jp. And then run lfr
    Scenarios>heroics in my opinion..

There is no fast way. Just try to cap VP every week and get rep. Join any groups that'll take you.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runkel View Post
    why did no one mention Scenarios? ive been gearing my offspec pretty easy there with epics and blues dropping in bag and valor and jp. And then run lfr
    Scenarios>heroics in my opinion..
    Because you beat me to it.

Scenarios is a very good way of gaining JP and very easy blues (and occasionally epics too). After that heroics is certainly the best way if you don't have the golds/mats for craftables. Completing quest lines should get you to honoured with most reputations to allow you to start buying JP gear.

Deleted
    Get boosted in low mmr 2v2 if talking someone that have never done pvp or is newly dinged, you get a free 483 ilvl item for each cap.

One thing no one seems to mention... rare spawns in Krasarang drop pvp trinkets with ilvl 483. Pretty easy to get two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Get boosted in low mmr 2v2 if talking someone that have never done pvp or is newly dinged, you get a free 483 ilvl item for each cap.
    Assuming you're not a Protection Warrior, Protection Paladin or Blood Deathknight...

(Unless he means he just needs the ilvl to squeeze into a higher LFR or something, then that's logical.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That being said, scenarios are designed for DPS. If you are a tank or healer don't torture dps in scenarios, just run LFD since you already get shorter queues there.
    No they aren't. They were designed with the express intent that any roles could go in there and do them. It may be accurate to say that 3 dps is the quickest way (debatable) but your statement is just wrong.

A fast way I discovered is to kill the rares out in Krasarang ( the ones that drop the Brawler's Pass) and they have a chance to drop 483 trinkets... Those will give you a huge ilvl boost if you are just trying to get into LFR or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    Hi there

As the title says.. Fastest way to boost ilvl?

Ah doesnt have much gear to pourchase, so that isnt helping very much :S
    Get better gear.

Sorry, had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No they aren't. They were designed with the express intent that any roles could go in there and do them. It may be accurate to say that 3 dps is the quickest way (debatable) but your statement is just wrong.
    two dps and a healer is so much faster.... just run to each boss and spam AOE gg. (works for most scenarios)

Level your crafting skills, make some armor for yourself and sell others to make back the invested funds.

If its just ilvl you're after, load up with pvp gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    This is indeed a super fast way to get iLvl. Other than that there is no real "boost" to get, unless your rich and can buy many many 496 items from the Auction House.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    two dps and a healer is so much faster.... just run to each boss and spam AOE gg. (works for most scenarios)
    Tanks get vengeance... i.e... drag 3 packs together and you will be doing better AoE than any dps class (except maybe survival hunter).

Buy BoE gear, do LFRs, sell them after LFR run. Other than this some heroics should do it.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

I suppose it depends on what you want to do really. I don't like dailies to quite the extent they are currently offered.

The fast way for me was when I realized I can queue for scenarios and dungeons at the same time now. My dps toons just do scenarios until dungeon queue pops and I am getting gear or jp/vp throughout. The scenarios are nice because you don't have to wait more than a minute for those queues. If it takes me 10 or 15 minutes for a scenario, that time counts towards my dungeon queue also. This way I don't feel like I am ever waiting around for a queue because I am engaged in something.

Dailies I found aren't an all together bad way to get vp if you do them every day. If you are impatient for ilvl and don't want to spend the gold, scenario and dungeon chain running takes a day, sometimes less. Of course, you could have terrible luck with drops and wait more I guess.

inscription staffs upgraded gain you some good ilvl and if useable by your class last a decent amount of time