Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I bet my eyebrows clip through it to be purple antennae, as usual.

Whatever, moon hat is the bestest.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the set appears to be based on a fox or wolf. the design on the belt is similar to that of the white tiger's symbol. which is really weird, since there's no fox or wolf celestial.
    Erm, no the beltbuckle is obviously a fox/wolf head.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Erm, no the beltbuckle is obviously a fox/wolf head.
    That's exatly what Checking said... It is similar as in a similar style. He didn't say it was the white tiger's symbol.
    anyway, Any word on when we may see this in the database or wowhead so I can check it on other races?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    That's exatly what Checking said... It is similar as in a similar style. He didn't say it was the white tiger's symbol.
    anyway, Any word on when we may see this in the database or wowhead so I can check it on other races?
    It's been on Wowhead for a few weeks.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I see this quote and raise you T14 and T4
    Right, but it's nice to actually HAVE bandit-thief themed clothing for a change. The point I was trying to get across would be more like having 7 years of paladin gear that was full of fire and skulls without ever having anything that represented a holy knight. Our actual bandit-thief themed armors are very few and far between. (See also your avatar. That would be rad.)

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's been on Wowhead for a few weeks.
    Yup, here ya go.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=209326/5...#tier-15-rogue
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    The head and belt looks decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Right? People tend to forget a Rogue is NOT a ninja. It's a rogue. A thief, a bandit, an assassin.
    a rogue is not necessarily a ninja, but a ninja is a rogue.

also: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64281 http://www.wowhead.com/npc=43553

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 08:57 PM ----------

one thing that bothers me about the rogue motif is that thieves, bandits, assassins, et cetera, I can't imagine any of those who don't use guns (in a world where guns exist). as such, the game kind of pushes us towards the ninja motif, since there's a shuriken toss talent.

I'd like to have a glyph that changes shuriken toss for "pistol shot" or something like that.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

a rogue is not necessarily a ninja, but a ninja is a rogue.
    No, I don't think that last part is accurate either. If you consider how they worked, who they worked for, and what they did, a ninja is not a rogue. Unless you find the word rogue applicable to a person in a large military organization. There is some minor overlap in there, but they aren't the same and one is not a subset of the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it a lot, can't shake the feeling I've seen it somewhere else though...

*looks at rogue skills points at the stealth and sneak part* there ninja
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

for the white set... anyone else think it somewhat looks like Ezio from Assasin's creed?

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Like I said overlap. Oh hey my rogue has a sword on, rogues are warriors.

For one thing to be a subset of another, it has to be completely contained inside the 'larger' set. That is not the case here. His comparison fails in both directions.

Thank you both. I guess I just wasn't searching it right. I really like the white set. Hopefully it's one of the easier to get.
    Right, but it's nice to actually HAVE bandit-thief themed clothing for a change. The point I was trying to get across would be more like having 7 years of paladin gear that was full of fire and skulls without ever having anything that represented a holy knight. Our actual bandit-thief themed armors are very few and far between. (See also your avatar. That would be rad.)

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 01:48 PM ----------

Yup, here ya go.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=209326/5...#tier-15-rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealth is simply a game mechanic that represents hiding in the shadows since that's not something the engine allows us to achieve. That's something most thieves do as well as looters, snipers, SWAT team members, Navy seals, hell, kids playing Hide and Seek. Unless you're proposing that real ninjas simply vanished into midair with no shadow or cover?

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 07:34 PM ----------

I'd like to have a glyph that changes shuriken toss for "pistol shot" or something like that.
    That would be rad. Kinda like a flintlock on your hip for emergencies.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I love how this set represents more of a self sufficient survivalist feel. Someone who could take off into the mountains after a heist and be completely at home with the wilderness and the wildlife before returning back to civilization for another lootfest. (See also, dagger thieves in the elder scrolls games.)
    Don't want to be the nitpicker, but wouldn't that be the shtick of Survival hunters ? :P

Anyway, I get your point. I like the "bandit" aspect as well. I find the non-heroic versions rather plain, but I think they'll grow on me eventually.

Stealth is simply a game mechanic that represents hiding in the shadows since that's not something the engine allows us to achieve. That's something most thieves do as well as looters, snipers, SWAT team members, Navy seals, hell, kids playing Hide and Seek. Unless you're proposing that real ninjas simply vanished into midair with no shadow or cover?

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 07:34 PM ----------

That would be rad. Kinda like a flintlock on your hip for emergencies.
    we all know that swat and snipers and navy seals use close combat weapons and assassinate their targets from sealth and dissapear also kids playing hid and seek is fine but they dont stab each other ^^ to me rogue has a big ninja part its ambush from stealth schuriken toss vanish smokebomb i dont know any thief using smokebombs :>
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    especially the boots and legs look a bit underwhelming. Shoulders, head and belt are nice though. Also white set is nice.

Also, isn't this the first PvE Tier set in HOW GOD DAMN LONG that doesn't have glowing shoulders or have some effect that (from an RP standpoint) eliminates the point of Stealth. ABOUT DAMN TIME.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

I like the set overall but I think they could have done a better job with the shoulders.

we all know that swat and snipers and navy seals use close combat weapons and assassinate their targets from sealth and dissapear also kids playing hid and seek is fine but they dont stab each other ^^ to me rogue has a big ninja part its ambush from stealth schuriken toss vanish smokebomb i dont know any thief using smokebombs :>
    Again, overlap. They are not the same thing. The rogue class in WoW may borrow some things associated with ninjas but rogues in wow are not ninjas nor are rogues in general nor is any of those categories subsets of the other. If you want to play a ninja, go play FFXI.