Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Theres one major flaw in this theory. Why would the titans imprison the old gods in their own child, deep within. Removal into the twisting nether would have been a better option.

Just sayin that makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinygreendot View Post
    Theres one major flaw in this theory. Why would the titans imprison the old gods in their own child, deep within. Removal into the twisting nether would have been a better option.

Old Gods aren't from the nether

Also, not a theory.

Spoiler:

Aman'thul killed Y'shaarj by literally reaching from space, grabbing it, and yanking it out of the planet. This made a huge gaping hole that leaked baby titan juice. The titans closed it up, and the well of eternity was left over. That coupled with the Sha meant that killing the other 3 old gods would probably kill the titan, so they decided to imprison them instead.

I think it is more likely that Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth because it contains a well of eternity which is a fixed point in realities. Destroy a fixed point 'of eternity' and reality collapses throughout the infinite realities and ends ordered existence which is specifically what Sargeras wants.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think it is more likely that Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth because it contains a well of eternity which is a fixed point in realities. Destroy a fixed point 'of eternity' and reality collapses throughout the infinite realities and ends ordered existence which is specifically what Sargeras wants.
    He wants to destroy it because A) he doesn't want the void lords to corrupt a titan and B) He wants to end all creation. Either way, planet goes boom boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinygreendot View Post

They already stated that the old gods were imprisoned because killing them just results in even worse consequences like the sha which blighted pandaria for untold ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Wrathion says "we must rebuild the final titan". You can't rebuild something that hasn't been built before.
    I have always suspected that the line is simply wrong, or nonsense. Maybe Wrathion mistranslated the word while his brain was being fried by the sliver of Titan consciousness he ate.

You don't build Titans so it could never have been correct in a literal sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They already stated that the old gods were imprisoned because killing them just results in even worse consequences like the sha which blighted pandaria for untold ages.
    Actually , the reason for not removing them is

[spoilers from chronicle book]

When amanthul removed Yshaarj, he basically tore a wound in azeroth, the titan, which came to be known as the well of eternity. So basically moving old gods by force physically hurts azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I have always suspected that the line is simply wrong, or nonsense. Maybe Wrathion mistranslated the word while his brain was being fried by the sliver of Titan consciousness he ate.

Yeah. According to the book, they are more so " maintained and harvested" after being found. The planet that they are inside of/a part of is geoformed and whatnot by the titans.

Tho, they/we can rebuild Aman'thul's destroyed body.

Thread headline is another fine example of how the comma can change everything

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Tho, they/we can rebuild Aman'thul's destroyed body.
    Well, they can apparently transfer their consciousness to Titanic watchers. Though apparently the last time they tried it the spell failed. It COULD mean rebuild a Titanic watcher, that's the other possibility I considered back when that dialogue came out. The game sometimes mixes the terms "Titan" and "Titanic watcher".

Yeah but in the sense of the planet being a titan baby makes no sense at all, which is what i said.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that the Legion is being led by an ex-member of the Pantheon, i would consider this highly unlikely.
    Pretty much.
    As far as the Chronicles go I believe it was mentioned that the Pantheon and Sargeras had their showoff AFTER he released the horde of demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexenar View Post
    Pretty much.
    As far as the Chronicles go I believe it was mentioned that the Pantheon and Sargeras had their showoff AFTER he released the horde of demons.
    Explicitly so. It's where he got the power to do it.

The planet isn't a baby, but there is one in the core absorbing energy and maturing. Chances are it's Elune. She's the final Titan because she's the only known one left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the Chronicle describes the Titans as living worlds, with geography and climate and everything in the shape of giant humanoids. So it may not be that a Titan is just growing inside Azeroth and will emerge separately from the world - it may be that when the Titan awakens Azeroth will become that Titan, transforming from a spherical planet into a planet-sized humanoid.

Well, they can apparently transfer their consciousness to Titanic watchers. Though apparently the last time they tried it the spell failed. It COULD mean rebuild a Titanic watcher, that's the other possibility I considered back when that dialogue came out. The game sometimes mixes the terms "Titan" and "Titanic watcher".
    Seems like the spell didn't exactly fail - the keepers got memories and a burst of power, but the Titan spirits had been so weakened that there was nothing else left of them. There might be a chance that some more of the Titans is still lingering, sleeping deep inside the keepers... that's just speculation though. Whatever is left of Aman'Thul specifically seems to have been absorbed by Wrathion - that might have ramifications in the future, maybe even during Legion.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2016-03-19 at 05:54 AM.

Dat 3 year necro tho

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Seems like the spell didn't exactly fail - the keepers got memories and a burst of power, but the Titan spirits had been so weakened that there was nothing else left of them. There might be a chance that some more of the Titans is still lingering, sleeping deep inside the keepers... that's just speculation though. Whatever is left of Aman'Thul specifically seems to have been absorbed by Wrathion - that might have ramifications in the future, maybe even during Legion.
    I've been wondering this whole time if they're backed up in Ulduar's comm relays somewhere...