Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Azeroth is a Titan Baby

Anne Stickney over at WoW Insider has posted this theory.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/20/kn...the-beginning/

In short: Azeroth is the embryonic "final titan" (see patch 5.2) that is infected with the Old Disease, life (dragons, mortals etc.) was created as an "immune system" to cure Azeroth without killing it. Algalon represents abortion as the ultima ratio.

I think it is a fun theory. Unusual, if nothing else.

Both theories presented in that article are neat but ultimately I don't think Blizzard would make World of Warcraft that, for lack of a better word, "deep."
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Too deep for Blizzard.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

That'd be one hell of a plot twist.

But I don't see it happening. For one, the Old Gods were seemingly present for a long time before the Titans came by.

About as realistic as Azeroth being an Old God in my opinion. That is, not very.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    About as realistic as Azeroth being an Old God in my opinion. That is, not very.
    Azeroth may not BE an Old God, but it is directly connected with them, hence why they were sealed away, instead of destroyed. Parasitic infestation.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh great, now I feel rotten every time I mine up some ore, I'm mining bits of skin from a babies bum.

Still, its a very interesting theory, yet it would then contradict the other theory that azeroth is an old god.
    #boycottchina

great theory, but requires you ignore alot the the lore to even think its possible.

If think Azeroth if would be that important to the Titans, they had stepped in already at earlier points within the History, like:

1.War of the Ancients, where Sargeras himself tried to get a hold on Azeroth
    2.Invasion of the Orcs, who were just puppets of the Legion
    3.3rd War, where Archimonde tried to destroy "the heart of our World" the World tree

That what makes Azeroth so different from the other planets that the denizens were able to push the Legion back, even more than once.

And the Old God infestation, now you could link these 2 facts together, that Azeroth was able to resist the Legion because of indirect influence of the Old Gods, maybe the imperfection granted by the "Curse of Flesh" and whatever, which isn't that illogical, considering that a many races on Azeroth were created by the Curse of Flesh.

Idk, maybe, maybe not, it's an interesting triangle betwen Old Gods, Titans and the Burning Legion.

Neat theories indeed, but likely not gonna happen I think. Would be cool though. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    soooo when i was pissing on them trees.........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    soooo when i was pissing on them trees.........
    I beat you to it, number 2!
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If think Azeroth if would be that important to the Titans, they had stepped in already at earlier points within the History, like:

1.War of the Ancients, where Sargeras himself tried to get a hold on Azeroth
    2.Invasion of the Orcs, who were just puppets of the Legion
    3.3rd War, where Archimonde tried to destroy "the heart of our World" the World tree

That what makes Azeroth so different from the other planets that the denizens were able to push the Legion back, even more than once.

And the Old God infestation, now you could link these 2 facts together, that Azeroth was able to resist the Legion because of indirect influence of the Old Gods, maybe the imperfection granted by the "Curse of Flesh" and whatever, which isn't that illogical, considering that a many races on Azeroth were created by the Curse of Flesh.

Idk, maybe, maybe not, it's an interesting triangle betwen Old Gods, Titans and the Burning Legion.
    But then one would ask, why do they need Algalon to send a signal of sorts? Answer is because they don't know. The Titans are far away. They don't know what's happening on Azeroth. It does say that in the lore too. They came back and they were surprised to see that the Old Gods were lurking around. They didn't come because they knew that the Old Gods were there. It was just luck.

That theory is (mild spoiler) stealing from Marvel's Earth X universe.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But then one would ask, why do they need Algalon to send a signal of sorts? Answer is because they don't know. The Titans are far away. They don't know what's happening on Azeroth. It does say that in the lore too. They came back and they were surprised to see that the Old Gods were lurking around. They didn't come because they knew that the Old Gods were there. It was just luck.
    Yes but doesnt that defeat the theory on its own?
    Why leave something that important alone far far away from your own influence.

There is a reason we dont throw new borns out on the street and think "Well..ya..the will manage!"

Titans are Reapers from ME!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Anne Stickney over at WoW Insider has posted this theory.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/20/kn...the-beginning/

In short: Azeroth is the embryonic "final titan" (see patch 5.2) that is infected with the Old Disease, life (dragons, mortals etc.) was created as an "immune system" to cure Azeroth without killing it. Algalon represents abortion as the ultima ratio.

I think it is a fun theory. Unusual, if nothing else.

insert Agent Smith "Humans are a Virus" Speech from The Matirx

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Azeroth may not BE an Old God, but it is directly connected with them, hence why they were sealed away, instead of destroyed. Parasitic infestation.
    Oh, i'm not debating that. But it's a rather different thing to being an Old God.
    Of course, if what we think are Old Gods are just Old God parasites...

The theory could fit indeed.

As far as i remember the titans gave the asspects their power to protect azeroth, they did this because they knew that they wouldent be able to protect it themselves.

Also as far as i remember the titans are unaware of the burning legion. not 100% sure on this tho.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    The theory could fit indeed.

As far as i remember the titans gave the asspects their power to protect azeroth, they did this because they knew that they wouldent be able to protect it themselves.

Also as far as i remember the titans are unaware of the burning legion. not 100% sure on this tho.
    Given that the Legion is being led by an ex-member of the Pantheon, i would consider this highly unlikely.