Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your favorite pvp class

Hello!

I am interested in hearing what is your favorite pvp class and why. Please add if you do random battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds, or arena.

I am unable to create a poll or I would add one listing the different classes.

Moderator, please add a poll or provide me the ability, please

(Not a FOTM reroll, looking for input to help guide me and others)

Deleted
    Depends.
    1v1 caster: shadow priest, hunter
    1v1 melee: feral druid, warrior, monk (as of next patch, though)

And then you have group facero...I mean team players: holy pala, resto shaman, warlock, elem shaman, mage etc.

Personally, I prefer 1v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    cata rogue and aff lock
    mop pvp is shit

Quote Originally Posted by Khronius View Post
    Depends.
    1v1 caster: shadow priest, hunter
    1v1 melee: feral druid, warrior, monk (as of next patch, though)

And then you have group facero...I mean team players: holy pala, resto shaman, warlock, elem shaman, mage etc.

Personally, I prefer 1v1.
    You can take out warrior from your list for being great at 1v1 for 5.2 if the opponent's you're versing aren't brain dead.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    cata rogue and aff lock
    mop pvp is shit
    I don't know why you'd mention cata when there's no semblance of class iterations left from it...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    You can take out warrior from your list for being great at 1v1 for 5.2 if the opponent's you're versing aren't brain dead.

I don't know why you'd mention cata when there's no semblance of class iterations left from it...
    Hi Flaks,

What's your favorite?

Deleted
    <- avatar for life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Feel free to reply on the topic and give your opinion instead of just bashing other opinions.......

For me it would be Retradin. why? well imo its a great support and has lots of surv/burst abb's to make or break a game. i also love 1v1 with ret's.

Im thinking along the lines of Rogue for world pvp and flag snatching in battlegrounds. Also pressure on flag carrier and recapping bases

Maybe a Hunter just for easy mode or a Mage. Thoughts?
    Last edited by inkfist; 2013-01-20 at 10:58 PM.

Hunter is doing pretty well this time around would be my choice for random bgs and 1v1s.

My favorite pvp class would be my shadow priest. I mostly do random battlegrounds since I'm too casual to find a rbg group. Though occasionally I do tag along some rbg groups or arena.

I've pvped as a priest since Vanilla and experienced various iterations of the spec (loved some and some not so others). Although I enjoy the current shadow priest condition, there some things I dislike about it. The things I like are: dots, burst potential, shadowform, fears, strong off-heals, and other utility spells (Void Shift, Leap of Faith, Mind Vision). The main dislike I have with shadow are its clunky mechanics such as the shadow orbs, FDCL and DI. Also, Mind Control not being baseline annoys me greatly.

Honorable mentions would be: Discipline Priest (love the spec's design philosophy) and Holy Paladins (for their ability to stay alive and to deliver Huge single target heal bombs).

Survival Hunter, random and rated BGs. While you don't get the faceroll "blowCDsandOMGnoDPSafterthat" that BM gets (which is good for the shock and awe of arenas and duels), Survival tests your skills as a hunter much more than BM, as you need to use your full toolbox and kiting ability to handle multiple agressors. Definitely most satisfying class/spec, to me. MM was fun in BGs pre-MoP, hopefully that comes back around soon too.

Mut Rogue, random BG, rated bg (occasionally), arenas (occasionally).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    Mage of course
    Mage ?! Yeah until you meet a feral druid or hunter...or shadow priest or pretty much anything that has some manner of clue and is not focusing on someone else.

Oh wow thanks much for the feedback.

I am leaning towards a Hunter but fear that I will get bored

Rogue does seem awesome but I hear they suck currently :/

Khronius, That was my fear on a mage. Being easily shutdown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inkfist View Post
    Khronius, That was my fear on a mage. Being easily shutdown.
    Yep. Sorry but mage is currently one of the most counterable ranged classes, down there with the warlocks and boomkins. If you want to rock pvp on a ranged class play hunter or shadow priest.

Hell, even at this moment monks got 2 low-ish cd abilities that break magical roots, besides trinket itself, and next patch they'll have 3+trinket, making them unkitable by any mage as they cycle between them.
    Last edited by mmoca71904de22; 2013-01-21 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love playing my Frost DK. Really fun mechanics and Anti-Magic Shield is a great tool to get some one on one time with a caster I want to snuggle with I feel like a powerhouse when I play mine, and I suspect that's why I get as much enjoyment out of it as I do. I can't help but feel like we are super OP, at least in random battlegrounds where I find myself PvP'ing for the most part.

When I feel like healing, I enjoy hopping on my Holy Paladin. Strong single-target heals and fun utility & escape mechanisms make for good times keeping my buddies topped off.

OP, I'd suggest you first find out what you want to do. Narrow your choices down by picking what you like about certain playstyles.

Example: Do you want to DPS or heal? Ok, DPS. Melee DPS or Ranged DPS? Ok, melee. Dual-Wield or 2-Hander? Ok, 2-hander. Arms Warrior, DK, or Ret Paladin? Ok, Death Knight. Unholy or Frost spec?

That's my suggestion at least. Also, don't roll flavor of the month classes/specs at all costs! Better to be slightly OP for an expansion flying under the nerf radar than be blatantly OP for one season and neutered the rest of the expansion
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Deleted
    Resto druid for me, first char i played and I enjoy the active style of pvp, having good CC, hots and mobilty makes for a really dynamic enjoyable playstyle. I just do bgs and arenas, Tried RBGs and i just couldnt really get into them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I love playing my Frost DK. Really fun mechanics and Anti-Magic Shield is a great tool to get some one on one time with a caster I want to snuggle with I feel like a powerhouse when I play mine, and I suspect that's why I get as much enjoyment out of it as I do. I can't help but feel like we are super OP, at least in random battlegrounds where I find myself PvP'ing for the most part.
    What ?! Dks are the squishiest melee class. Sure they rock at steamrolling undergeared noobs and people focusing on other people but in 1v1 they lack tools and any kind of defenses, making them pretty bad for duels and wpvp against equally geared opponents.

Feral for my main PvP toon, just love the spec too much to quit it.
    Second would be disc priest; just loved the playstyle since I first started playing it, even with them being one of the "weaker" healers right now.