Poll: best horde mage race?

Thread: mage race

mage race

hey
    has anyone some numbers for what is the best mage race(horde) atm? just pure numbers without stuff like dmg phases etc

thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll.

Berserking (+20% haste on demand) and, when valid (most of next tier), 5% increased damage against beasts.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Troll.

Berserking (+20% haste on demand) and, when valid (most of next tier), 5% increased damage against beasts.
    This perk is too OPed to leave PTR without change. I guess they will make it to not work on bosses.

Pandarens food buff is good choice, because you won't have extra button, you won't waste it by popping it too early/late/wrong phase. The only way you can screw up is dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

troll + alter time = to overpowered.

Deleted
    troll. remember haste buff scales with gear. orc's doesn't.

Here's some numbers which I will leave up to you to verify: (source)
    Sim: Fire Mage T14N Avg Ilvl = 494.5
    Iterations: 10,000

Orc = 101138 DPS
    Troll = 101465 DPS
    Pandaren = 101650 DPS

Sim: Fire Mage T14H Avg Ilvl = 507.9
    Iterations: 10,000

Orc = 123499 DPS
    Troll = 126034 DPS
    Pandaren = 124065 DPS

It would appear that Pandarens are better at normal tier ilvl (496ish) but Troll pulls away as you scale in gear. Long-term suggestion: Troll
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-02-03 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    remember haste buff scales with gear. orc's doesn't.
    If we consider "scale" to mean "increase in value as other stats increase", then the orcish racial does scale, and multiplicatively at that, with crit, haste and mastery.

The troll racial scales better in so far as primary stats on gear tend to increase at a steeper rate than secondary ones, which causes the latter's relative value to increase in turn. When you have lots of intellect, for instance, you want more haste to better leverage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed View Post
    If we consider "scale" to mean "increase in value as other stats increase", then the orcish racial does scale, and multiplicatively at that, with crit, haste and mastery.

The troll racial scales better in so far as primary stats on gear tend to increase at a steeper rate than secondary ones, which causes the latter's relative value to increase in turn. When you have lots of intellect, for instance, you want more haste to better leverage it.
    This seems like a rather pedantic reply.

Yes, Troll scales better than the other racials. And as Macarena said, Alter Time can increase the value of Berserking further. Adding in the 5% against beasts will put it far enough ahead that I expect them to nullify it's effect on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    This seems like a rather pedantic reply.

Yes, Troll scales better than the other racials. And as Macarena said, Alter Time can increase the value of Berserking further. Adding in the 5% against beasts will put it far enough ahead that I expect them to nullify it's effect on bosses.
    Why wouldn't that have already been done though? That 5% isn't new by any stretch of the word.

Pedantic ? I saw what seemed to be a misconception and simply tried to offer, god forbid, some modest insight into the mechanics behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Why wouldn't that have already been done though? That 5% isn't new by any stretch of the word.
    There haven't really been too many bosses classified as beasts. That coupled with the fact that balance is under more scrutiny than it ever has been, brings this issue more to the forefront. I am not sure what their plans are with this, but it seems like it would be pretty easy to just change the classification of the bosses to something other than beast if it becomes an issue.

just checked wowhead, the amount of beast bosses is really little http://www.wowhead.com/npcs=1?filter=cl=3