Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I gotta wonder, with all the "hacked" accounts in this game whether I should just give up "working" and go into the WOW hacking business. It's got to be either A) incredibly profitable B) incredibly easy or C) both. It's like the entire community is just being hacked, over and over and over. Some of you guys must have been hit by now, what, a half dozen times? Do you just post your login information on the internet someplace where I can go get it? I'd rather not work very hard at this and it must be that easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always wonder how many bots would be banned if they were not on paying accounts. I know this view has been discussed to death so I guess no point debating it, but still, I wonder..

Deleted
    Well you are right, without going into" tin foil hat mode" about blizzard do not care as long they get their money. But bots are hard to deal with. and people who play "bot-ish" can still just be bad players, so require some time to check

Quote Originally Posted by DeadOwnz View Post
    I don't care either bots in pvp either. Maybe the lack of motivation keeps them hanging around.. But as far as my seeing a bot in a bg or questing.. reporting them? can't be bothered. The only bots I think that should be dealt with are gold farming bots.
    Reporting bots does nothing. Like the close door button on an elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    and people who play "bot-ish" can still just be bad players, so require some time to check
    The real problem is that the game turns you into a bot.

Quest: Kill 10 Mobs.

Find mob
    Follow sequence to kill mob.
    loot mob
    Find Mob.....

I remember the first time I decided to not loot low-level mobs on an alt. I had to force myself not to do it because it was such an ingrained habit. When you step back from the game you realize almost all of it is like that.

I think you could catch players in PVP if you had some fairly sophisticated tracking algorithms What I don't know is if Blizzard has enough tracking tools under the hood to do it. And if they do, do they have the inclination to really go after the problem.

Deleted
    Bots in mmo's are like hackers in free fps games... They keep coming and coming and once you get sick of them, you also get a bot / hack!

Deleted
    Lets not forget that Blizzard is a bit trollish. I love when people lose hope and suddenly Blizzard goes 100% offensive. Wouldnt be surprised if that happened in the summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some bots are smarter then actual players lol.

bnet: Adimaru #2805

Even though I'm totally against botting in battlegrounds, I realised the other day that if they outright removed all bot's from battlegrounds, our que times would drastically increase. Short bg que's with "35%" bot team > long bg que's tbh

Deleted
    I entered EOTS today and i defended DR ruins with my tank monk (around 86-89 level) and something disturbing happened. Like ten bots were running to my place without me even saying something, i mean they didnt run in a pack, they were almost acting like normal players but what was so special about them is that they turned around in the EXACT same spot and ran the EXACT same route to another place. And repeated the same route again and again. Luckily the full horde had bots and we had some alive players so we won.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    Even though I'm totally against botting in battlegrounds, I realised the other day that if they outright removed all bot's from battlegrounds, our que times would drastically increase. Short bg que's with "35%" bot team > long bg que's tbh
    Gah. This has slipped my mind.

I'm on Jaedenar-Eu, a medium population server. Our battlegroup is pretty okay, but the queue times for Horde bgs on my server is currently around ~5-6 minutes. If that would be doubled, it'd be a pain in the ass to farm BG's for any purpose. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    Gah. This has slipped my mind.

I'm on Jaedenar-Eu, a medium population server. Our battlegroup is pretty okay, but the queue times for Horde bgs on my server is currently around ~5-6 minutes. If that would be doubled, it'd be a pain in the ass to farm BG's for any purpose. :/
    Battlegroups are no longer existing for random battlegrounds, its only for arena since end of wotlk, its the same for horde all across europe.

I don't know how Blizzard can get out of this without taking financial damage. The statement that they are working on it, because they want to catch all of the botters at once is only partially true. I mean come on, since when is this shit going on without much happening? For a year+ now. The simple truth is, if they ban botters, they lose money instantly. If they don't ban them, it's a bad reputation for the game, but it seems that they calculated, that this is less financial damage than banning cheaters.

The situation is getting only worse for Blizzard. The more time they are waiting without punishing cheaters, the more this motivates others to also participate with botting. The more cheaters you have, the bigger the financial damage if you decide to get rid of them. Specific issue of games with a monthly fee.

They are and were faster with banning cheaters in D2 and D3, so what's taking them so long in a game that permanently creates money and therefor should provide the necessary resources to run a team of anti-cheat-experts. The only answer I see, is the one described above.

Its probably because bot scripts make them harder for people to tell if they are a bot. I used to run one that made me actually play better than most of my team. Are you really going to report your top healer for being a bot or even assume hes a bot?

Deleted
    Funny about this. I remember reading a topic a few days ago where a dude with 70 wow bchest accounts explained how all of he's bots were systematically banned, even after using different ips, different pcs, vpn's, different accounts.
    Boters DO get banned, usually in banwaves ( no point in doing it for each at a time )....the problem is not that they get back. It's that how incredibly easy is for new people to get their hands on bots ( even for free ), thus resulting in large groups of botters.
    Most of the people that today cry about botters, will end up botting themselves tomorrow ( given the chance )

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Battlegroups are no longer existing for random battlegrounds, its only for arena since end of wotlk, its the same for horde all across europe.
    Then why is my queue on horde EU stormscale less than a minute, and on horde EU jaedenar 6 minutes?

bots AI is very impressive, last BG the hordes top 4 dmg/killing blows was all bots, all 4 bots are better than 90% of the casual pvp playerbase because they always use every survival/damage cooldown, they always use healthstone, they interrupt instantly they never slack soon as they die they ress and go back into attack blowing every CD they have, and they also run in a pack of bots making it near impossible to just run around alone when 4 bots will blow EVERY cd on ur ass, doesn't take skill/a genius to realise any player will be killed instantly from that.

wow pvp has never been worse honestly BGs feel like a single player game where u either follow your teams bots, or get gang raped by the opposing teams bots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    Then why is my queue on horde EU stormscale less than a minute, and on horde EU jaedenar 6 minutes?
    That i do not know, but you should read this from pre cata release.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/943559#blog
    The groups mentioned are only for dungeon finder though.

These botters also gets hacked often and when they reclaim the account after few hours they are rewarded with pockets full of extra materials and gold.

Blizzard bans these accounts for 3 days and they are "ohnose compromised account, some china guy just logged hes account and leveled 10 alts to 90lvl. This is just one of those weird things what just happens".

Deleted
    Google > Curse > WOW Addons > Ooque > Download > No More Bots.

I have downloaded this addon and can quite frankly say its a blessing. Buggy at times and the occasional DC but all in all its fantastic. Created my own random BG farming group on a daily basis and generally have players with great standard skills and so far after two days we have gone 58 wins 7 loses ... also RBG cap is an easy accomplishment now. Anybody interested search Chavbasher games when downloaded the addon i hold games frequently.