Poll: Most powerful raid boss in WoW?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well old gods are probably the only ones that could threaten the titans, therefore they get my vote, they might be a bit underpowered now, but that's because they're imprisoned. Fuck knows what they're like at full power.

So far I'd say the Lich King. No matter how high your level is, he can one shot everyone with only 1 ability. He actually still feels threatening, even when your with 24 other men all at level 200...

Of those, the two Old Gods have the proven ability to fight Titans at their level, and they aren't technically killable either. Neither dead nor living, and all that. The lore states that the chaos they ruled over before the Titans came was something the Lords of the Burning Legion couldn't even mentally process. Ragnaros was their minion. The Scourge was using the dried blood of one for armor.

Between the two we fought, the one that was the most severely handicapped was C'thun, having been reduced to a single eyeball. One of this thing's disembodied eyeballs was a raid boss. If you yanked an eye out of Kil'jaeden's head, could it fight and kill like that? I sincerely doubt it. By contrast, Yogg Saron was merely trying to wriggle loose from several layers of binding spells. His full body was underground at least as far south as Grizzly Hills, if not further. Algalon would have rather nuked the planet from orbit than go in there and fight Yogg mano-a-mano. This is the sort of...being...that we're talking about here.

Which is why I voted for Yogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Between the two we fought, the one that was the most severely handicapped was C'thun, having been reduced to a single eyeball. One of this thing's disembodied eyeballs was a raid boss. If you yanked an eye out of Kil'jaeden's head, could it fight and kill like that? I sincerely doubt it.
    Considering he's an incredibly powerful warlock, yeah probably XD

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Oh my, what a tricky thread to answer.

Despite some obvious choices on who is NOT the most powerfull, the remaining choices are hard to decide!

Those that can NOT be... Algalon, M'uru, the Lich King, Hakkar, Ragnaros. Why? Well, we know the Lich King feared Killjaeden, so he is out. Ragnaros is clearly less powerfull than Deathwing, even in his full power. M'uru was kidpnaped by the minions of Killjaeden, even though he is a Naaru, so... Hakkar really should not be here... And Algalon, well, he is not a Titan, just a watcher.

Now the tricky ones... Archimonde, Deathwing, Killjaeden, the Old Gods. Deathwing was controlled by the Old Gods, but he had the power to end the word if used in the right spot (aka, the Maelstrom). I would say Archimonde and Killjaeden are more powerfull than the Old Gods, now that we know the Titans killed a lot of Old Gods, and the Eredar are the biggest enemies of the Titans... But we fight the Old Gods in a weakened state, so it is hard to decide...

Also, Archimonde is actually stronger than Killjaeden... But he died victim to a stupid trap due to his arrogace. Killjaeden is clever and would not fall to such a trick. And we also fight Killjaeden is a VERY weakened state in the Sunwell, even so we only manage to banish him. He is still alive out there, and must be very angry at us.

So, tricky as it is, my choice is Killjaeden.

Sure, if the question was the "best villain", and not the most powerfull, the answer would be the Lich King... Best villain ever!
    Archimonde was never stronger than KJ. It has never been stated in lore. Only thing that is confirmed is that KJ is better arcane user than Arch. Being smart doesn't make you physically weak.

I say Kil`jaeden, just think about it, who could defeat this guy one on one other than sargeras and the titans themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Considering he's an incredibly powerful warlock, yeah probably XD
    At best it could be used as a relic, like the Skull of Gul'dan. He was an incredibly powerful warlock as well, and you didn't see that skull hopping around firing death rays at anything that moved.

Deleted
    do we know if Lei Shen defeated the titanic watcher?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I have to choose from that list, Yogg-Saron it is. In a 1v1 against any other bossfrom that list, minus C'thun, the other boss would be begging for its death.

10+ Year Old Account
    i vote for Deathwing: after all the disaster it made it took us using the dragon soul and the focusing iris to manage to shoot him down, yet he "survived", twisted in its form, to try in a final attempt to destroy Azeroth (and he succeeds when you wipe on him ). Is it also the only boss that requires 2 (successive) encounters to kill so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    At best it could be used as a relic, like the Skull of Gul'dan. He was an incredibly powerful warlock as well, and you didn't see that skull hopping around firing death rays at anything that moved.
    Gul'dan wasn't even close to the same level. Might as well complain why a level 1 mage doesn't have the same abilities as Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Gul'dan wasn't even close to the same level. Might as well complain why a level 1 mage doesn't have the same abilities as Jaina.
    It may be a silly comparison, but no sillier than comparing a warlock to a physical god.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilezor View Post
    do we know if Lei Shen defeated the titanic watcher?
    We know he defeated him, but we don't know how...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krob View Post
    i vote for Deathwing: after all the disaster it made it took us using the dragon soul and the focusing iris to manage to shoot him down, yet he "survived", twisted in its form, to try in a final attempt to destroy Azeroth (and he succeeds when you wipe on him ). Is it also the only boss that requires 2 (successive) encounters to kill so far?
    Nope, Kael'thas Sunstrider setbacks was first

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shutuproman View Post
    lore wise, kj..

he's acting leader of the burning legion. everything else listed is remarkably less massive/powerful.. those who voted for the lich king, might not realize that the lich king was created by kil'jaeden..
    Sorry to say but old gods are more powerful then Kil'Jaeden. I think old gods are as or near as powerful as Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    In my opinion, Yogg-Saron and C'Thun top my list as most powerful raid bosses, and I chose C'Thun because he allegedly is responsible for killing a Titan.
    Actually, after seeing the lore from Pandaria, it is now more likely that the Old God the "Prophecy of C'thun" mentions as having fought a battle where the Titan "fell" is Y'shaarj and not C'thun.

"In the time before time, when the world was still in its infancy, a battle between a Titan and a being of unimaginable evil and power raged on this very soil. The prophecy is unclear about whether or not the Titan was vanquished in this battle but it illustrates that a Titan fell. An Old God had also fallen - or so it was thought."

It is not really clear if the Titan died, all the prophecy says is "fell", which could mean a lot of things. The Old God mentioned in the prophecy also "fell" - or so it was thought -, which is probably a mention to the effect that happened when Y'shaarj died - the Sha came from his corpse.

I am the lucid dream, the monster in your nightmares. The fiend of a thousand faces. COWER BEFORE MY TRUE FORM! BOW DOWN TO THE GOD OF DEATH!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Sorry to say but old gods are more powerful then Kil'Jaeden. I think old gods are as or near as powerful as Sargeras.
    Not really. It was said in a recent interview by the devs that the Titans killed "a lot" of Old Gods. We even know that one Old God died in Azeroth, killed by a Titan.

I was shocked myself by this revelarion, and after that I began to think that the Old Gods are not as powerfull as we think. Not if the Titans already killed "a lot" of them.

So I think it is very possible that KJ is more powerfull than an Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    We know he defeated him, but we don't know how...
    When did they say much about Lei Shen I couldnt find anything about it. Didnt seem like he would that imposing of a figure compared to the other people mentioned. He also isnt a in-game boss... at least for another month or 2 :P

In the over all grand scheme of things however... Let me put it this way

Betty White in a wheel chair would be Kil'Jaeden. A team of tyrannosaurus rex on steriods would be Sargeras.

we havent even seen what real power is yet