Thread: Time to quit?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    While I really liked tl2 more than d3, and I prefer tl2/d2 talent system over d3 talent system, it was not about spec diversity.
    The differences are much more noticeable in TL2. Sure you can 'build a tank warrior' in D3, but it doesn't have any weight to it. It doesn't feel like a choice that distinguishses your character so much as something you just do simply because. And as you mention viability, it has taken them how long to even begin to scratch the surface to make all builds viable in D3? This was after sweeping nerfs to mobs to account for how broken the builds were, since you had to take every defensive talent under the sun.

TL2 has active input into what abilities you want, as far as providing 3 tiers of each ability with different effects. The class design makes the gameplay vastly different. Arguably even with the variety in D3, you don't really do anything differently. You can't become a tank mage, or a ranged monk. You don't move differently, attack with different strategies. At least, not to the level in TL2. Different weapons in TL2 have different attack modes. For example: certain weapons are AOE by default, others are mostly single target. Nothing in D3 works this way.

It's minute details like that, when added together, give a larger depth and diverse system. I just didn't want to go in detail about it, because I don't want to be taken for doing the whole game vs game thing. It's just another problem in a long list for Diablo. And this is coming from someone who enjoys playing the game. I can just recognize that it is very, very flawed.
    BAD WOLF

After reading the question/answer thing over of d3 forums....it probably is time to quit...for me any way. Patch 1.07 is really nothing at all when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The differences are much more noticeable in TL2. Sure you can 'build a tank warrior' in D3, but it doesn't have any weight to it. It doesn't feel like a choice that distinguishses your character so much as something you just do simply because. And as you mention viability, it has taken them how long to even begin to scratch the surface to make all builds viable in D3? This was after sweeping nerfs to mobs to account for how broken the builds were, since you had to take every defensive talent under the sun.

TL2 has active input into what abilities you want, as far as providing 3 tiers of each ability with different effects. The class design makes the gameplay vastly different. Arguably even with the variety in D3, you don't really do anything differently. You can't become a tank mage, or a ranged monk. You don't move differently, attack with different strategies. At least, not to the level in TL2. Different weapons in TL2 have different attack modes. For example: certain weapons are AOE by default, others are mostly single target. Nothing in D3 works this way.

It's minute details like that, when added together, give a larger depth and diverse system. I just didn't want to go in detail about it, because I don't want to be taken for doing the whole game vs game thing. It's just another problem in a long list for Diablo. And this is coming from someone who enjoys playing the game. I can just recognize that it is very, very flawed.
    Reading your post gives me strong feeling that you did not play d3 long enough and did not try many characters and different specs.
    You should not really mindlessly bash d3. It is complex enough.
    No tank mage? You must be kidding. Properly specced and geared Mage is the best tank in the game, basically immortal, capable of controlling and killing unlimited amount of monsters around him.
    No ranged monk? Well, fail again. Monk is a perfectly viable ranged class.
    And yes, you do move differently and you do attack differently.
    If you don't want to play yourself - watch some videos, its impossible to not notice the difference in playstyle between different builds.

This is what i don't get...

I've clear it pre-nerf, and i hear people complain how hard is the game, bad loot...

I quit ard 5months ago, and came back, less than a week to see how it is, the game is easy now, and now people cry about not getting Legendary???...

If you don't like farming game, choose something else, If you spend 12 hrs everyday on it, and you say you got burnt, you're asking for it...If you don't get the loot you want, farm gold and get better loot from AH...Please don't talk crap out of 1000 rares, you have nothing that you can sell on AH and make some gold...

Quote Originally Posted by zyberlol View Post
    been farming now for 12 paragon levels (around 40-60 hours of gameplay) and not even one legendary or a decent rare!
    Before they usely pop up every 1-2 hours but not anymore.
    So is it my time to quit or should i keep going for somethign that might not even drop?
    Dont get me wrong ilove the game but its slowly killing it for me that im not getting any progress from my time i spent playing!

Update 2013.01.25! Atm im paragon 46 and i have not touched the game since this post!
    please come back! Its just not the same without you bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading your post gives me strong feeling that you did not play d3 long enough and did not try many characters and different specs.
    You should not really mindlessly bash d3. It is complex enough.
    No tank mage? You must be kidding. Properly specced and geared Mage is the best tank in the game, basically immortal, capable of controlling and killing unlimited amount of monsters around him.
    I don't think you understand what I'm actually saying in your rush to trip over your own feet to try and win the internet.
    No ranged monk? Well, fail again. Monk is a perfectly viable ranged class.
    Oh yeah, there's totally so many caster monks running around with all of those casting abilities that generate...wait...no pretty much no one plays a 'ranged monk' and nothing of the sort was viable at launch.
    And yes, you do move differently and you do attack differently.
    You clearly haven't spent enough time playing TL2 since you still don't understand how much more the difference in play style is in that game.
    If you don't want to play yourself - watch some videos, its impossible to not notice the difference in playstyle between different builds.
    I have two max level characters and plenty of hours under my belt. Thank you for your baseless assumptions which don't give your argument any credibility. Score one more for the ignore list. I know there's definitely no reason to waste time with your drivel.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Matter of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really seems to be just rng with a bit of luck. I myself have never seen one, but i have a friend that just recently got to 42 paragon and when he got one, wasnt one he could use. ><.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

So I've definitely been a fan of TL2 and I definitely agree with you on D3. However, TL2 doesnt have near the depth your giving it credit for. I started PoE last night and I have to say that I think PoE > TL2 > D3 in terms of depth and viable character customization. Granted Ive only touched the surface of PoE but from everything Ive read and seen for myself its the D3 we should have gotten and TL2 could have taken some pointers from GGG. If you haven't played, I highly suggest it. I think its going to be my ARPG of choice from here on out.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what are you gonna use the items for ? Dont get me wrong or anything, i just have never seen the point in dungeon crawling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    what are you gonna use the items for ? Dont get me wrong or anything, i just have never seen the point in dungeon crawling.
    Expansions, PvP, farming more items with increased speed, trade, alts, running friends through content.... I mean the list goes on.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. I still dont see the appeal in it though. I could see myself farming for pvp when that gets implemented, but im hoping for a less farmy solution when that happens.

Ive just never understood it, personally i would rather finish the game with a new char instead og dungeon crawling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    If that's your way of thinking why play a game in the first place?

The whole idea behind obtaining better gear is to create a more powerful character, crap gear being the start and perfect being the end, why stop in the middle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    TL2 doesnt have near the depth your giving it credit for
    I think it does, but it also fits the kind of customization I was looking for. I don't doubt that PoE has more customization and depth. Just from an outside glance, dat skill tree...yeah. I just haven't tried it yet because I'm not a fan of the aesthetic to be honest. I'll definitely try it at some point though.
    BAD WOLF

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    If that's your way of thinking why play a game in the first place?

The whole idea behind obtaining better gear is to create a more powerful character, crap gear being the start and perfect being the end, why stop in the middle?
    Well, i played it to kill diablo on inferno.

Deleted
    Took a long break, installed the game.. patched up , logged in and started playing.

Asked myself "what is this shit.." uninstalled and logged into POE.

I really liked D1 and 2 but D3 is just like a slow drama with small areas and much dialogue. should be a rule, if you're not in a dungeon you shouldnt call it dungeon crawler.

I quit in August, haven't played since. Its not like D2 where there way high replay-ability. a lot op people quit after beating Diablo the first time. I quit after getting to 60. the game just isn't what people wanted, at least from what I and many others were looking for in D2.5 just give us D2 with better graphics and new story. I want a Necromancer back, and the ability to join games and farm 1-80 in like 5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I'd quit when I don't have fun - but I wouldn't ask ppl on a forum about it.
    Little off topic, but your signature is ranking so high amongst the most stupid things ever to be announced by blizzard..!

OT; D III was quite good as a breaker from WoW (or w/e you may have been playing the most), but imo it's insanely boring compared to it's predecessors, although I can't put my finger on what it is.., maybe it is just something as shalow as rng on the good drops appear to be in D III, compared to D I - II.

Deleted
    Progress is completely subjective - ultimately it depends on what you want from the game - and as such I think you maybe need to set yourself some more realistic goals; or some goals that are more within your control since it can be rather RNG.

Consider this:

-Don't ask specifically for legendaries
    -Maybe prioritise yellow amulets
    -Focus on crafting
    -Test out a PvP spec!
    -Or take a break, play some other games, and come back when you are refreshed and pumped to find them loots!

Gamebetter
    Last edited by mmoc7460b58ccc; 2013-02-15 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling error

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Little off topic, but your signature is ranking so high amongst the most stupid things ever to be announced by blizzard..!

OT; D III was quite good as a breaker from WoW (or w/e you may have been playing the most), but imo it's insanely boring compared to it's predecessors, although I can't put my finger on what it is.., maybe it is just something as shalow as rng on the good drops appear to be in D III, compared to D I - II.
    One of the major flaws of D3 is honestly how dumbed down each system is and a complete lack of viable customization. Honestly it feels like they turned D3 into WoW where they treat players like idiots who cannot be bothered to manage more than 1 primary stat and there is only really one right way to customize your character to get through the content. It really took the fun out of the game where as in D2 you had so many options and those random affixes on gear could be major game changers by simply giving you access to skills you didnt actually put points in or making skills you did put points in even stronger. I really hate being that guy who says game X is better than Y but if you havent get PoE. It has that same highly complex character customization and progression that D2 had but its enhanced and even more deep than D2. I had always expected D3 to have improved upon D2 systems with its own flare and added depth. That is basically PoE in a nutshell.