Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Phsyical weapon users ( Skorn / Echoing fury etc ) inc nerf

url]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742992?page=1[/url]
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=394340

- Spread sheet to show how bad it is - > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ExZbXZEQW96TFE

I know most of you don't exactly read their forums but I found this little gem here despite I'm hating on d3 most of the time I do still keep track of the updates and such anyway all physical weapon users meaning anything WITHOUT elemental damage please read this as you are about to get well pooped on aka Nerfed and I have no clue if they will compensate.

TLTR; All physical weapons will be getting ripped because of the Ruby effects

BLIZZ cleared it all up ALL GUD thread done!
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-01-23 at 07:20 AM.

because when you have 200k dps going to 190k is a great issue.

/facepalm
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Ah, so that's how "black" weapon damage was calculated, I knew it had to do with adding the min damage again, but I didn't know it was using the base min rather than the base max for the calculation.
    Also, lol@shoddy programming (?) and taking that long to figure it out.

Deleted
    Not exactly new we had this coming for a long time, someone at blizz probably decided to finally have a look at this because of the new ruby crap

Thx god, as a WZ only "all physycal" weapons were good because of triumvirate/wd boots and Talrasha's neck +bonus

I had a 1300+ DPS Calamity, I almost feel sorry for the guy who bought it now. Will this be the first time Blizzard changes items people already own?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I had a 1300+ DPS Calamity, I almost feel sorry for the guy who bought it now. Will this be the first time Blizzard changes items people already own?
    Haha think that's bad? This one guy on the offical forums bought an EF for 7500 euros that's right 7500 ahahahah it was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Attack speed change early on did as well. Strange. Anytime they nerf something, it applies retroactively, but if they buff items (legendaries), "oh, no, we can't do that. Go farm the shit again".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Haha think that's bad? This one guy on the offical forums bought an EF for 7500 euros that's right 7500 ahahahah it was great.
    I almost feel bad for that guy especially when his weapon loses like 150-200 dps after the "fix"

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Attack speed change early on did as well. Strange. Anytime they nerf something, it applies retroactively, but if they buff items (legendaries), "oh, no, we can't do that. Go farm the shit again".
    Good point, I forget about the attack speed nerf because I didn't have items back then (my hardcore DH was around 57 and moving very slowly).

@Apathy
    Yeah, heard about that. I don't feel sorry for him though, he did that one to himself :x

I agree with you on that but neverthless this nerf/fix had to happen becuase elemental damage weapons are shit

But they should had just removed all elemental damage they serve absolutely no propose except for cold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I agree with you on that but neverthless this nerf/fix had to happen becuase elemental damage weapons are shit
    Oh, I agree. A bug is a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I agree. A bug is a bug.
    Pretty dumb like old elemental damages ACTUALLY did stuff lol

Poison: DMG over time
    Fire: Same
    Ice: Possible freeze / Cold effect
    Lightning: Paralysis

Yada yada

It was only on the ptr and it only affected items on black damage weps that roll higher min damage than max damage.

Look at this ik maul

http://postimage.org/image/ky1kkwnid/

Its technically a bugged item since it has 304 min damage and 283 max. This bug only affects black damage weps like these, not all of them. I personally think the 304 will be added to min damage but 587 would be added to max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    It was only on the ptr and it only affected items on black damage weps that roll higher min damage than max damage.

Look at this ik maul

http://postimage.org/image/ky1kkwnid/

Its technically a bugged item since it has 304 min damage and 283 max. This bug only affects black damage weps like these, not all of them. I personally think the 304 will be added to min damage but 587 would be added to max.
    So if what you're saying is correct, my Wizard is safe from this nerf?

Here he is btw:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...8/hero/1824624
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

You guys, hope you didn't panic sell your weapons because this is what blizz had to say about it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...38?page=15#294

Yeah, this is a known issue but not a thing they are fixing...for now. It's an issue/bug, but it's not something that is screwing players or only a part of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their solution to it is only apply it to the weapons they release in future, so everything else up until now is safe.

Yes, but i read it as "we're going to address it for new expansion - new gear tiers, no reason to screw up things now".

Deleted
    Well atleast now I know that I dont have to search for a new weap