Hi, i'm having FPS issues with WoW.

My rig is.

Gtx 670 2gb
    i5-2500k Cpu
    8gb DDR3
    z68ma-d2h-b3 gigabyte Mother board
    Dx11 running
    Windows 8 64-bit

My FPS feels extremely low. I get around 38 FPS on ultra in SW and i constantly go from below 45 fps to over 100 and it kills my eyes.

Does anyone have any clue why my FPS is suffering so much. I was under the impressions that my rig should have no problem running WoW on ultra at 100FPS + all the time.

Hey Lazzy, those rates are actually pretty normal for a major town. There's so much going on there and there's no easy way to gauge what the stress on the video card will be. Generally speaking, when we look at issues like this we will not use towns to troubleshoot framerate issues. Was there ever a time when you were not experiencing this kind of video issue? If so, did anything change since then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have thought with that system and graphics card you should be fine on ultra settings. Then again, settings are rather demanding in major cities compared to non-populated areas.

Not sure if you have tried this yet, but enabling Vertical Sync might help your problem. (System>Graphics>Enable Vertical Sync.) This can be helpful if your system/card are more advanced than what your monitor can handle.

Also make sure you have the latest drivers, and also check that it's not an addon causing the slow frame rates as this can happen when it's bugged.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hey Lazzy, those rates are actually pretty normal for a major town. There's so much going on there and there's no easy way to gauge what the stress on the video card will be. Generally speaking, when we look at issues like this we will not use towns to troubleshoot framerate issues. Was there ever a time when you were not experiencing this kind of video issue? If so, did anything change since then?
    Sometimes i get bad FPS dips when i'm in Kun-lai mummit aswell.

It drops below 45 FPS and just kills my eyes.

I made this rig expecting it to run at 60-100 FPS no problem anywhere.

I'd also like to add when i have Evga precision open My Gpu clock constantly goes from 700-900-1100 over n over. I no it's something new with the GTx 600s so i set my card to Performance at max performance instead of auto and it did nothing. The GPu clock still dips.
    Last edited by lazzy; 2013-01-19 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    Your FPS is normal. I had the same expectations. WoW's so demanding nowadays. I'm playing on a high-populated realm and standing outside AH in Orgrimmar together with all people gets me to 32 FPS with everything on ultra. I have i7 3770 3,4 GHz, GTX 670 Windforce 3x, 16 gb RAM. In Jade forest I go from 50-60 FPS, in the zone where shrine of the two moons is I'm around 60-70 FPS.