Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Has the Horde gone pure evil?

I have not really kept up to date with WoW, but as of 5.2, I plan on returning.

It would seem Garrosh has killed Anduin, among other things, but even if I'm not too familiar with what's up now, do you effectively think the Horde has gone black now?

That depends on whether you think the Horde is a single person. It's not much of a horde if you don't have buddies.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    He hasn't killed him, he survived.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? No. Don't be silly. The actions of one man (or Orc), does not reflect upon the whole. The Horde is as dedicated to honor as peace as they ever have been, though that doesn't mean that they're not used to the wrong ends or unwilling to fight.

Deleted
    I think the most important thing to know is that Garrosh has become reckless, is throwing away the lives of his own people and those of his allies, turned some of his people into Sha and all that just to achieve a victory against the Alliance. He's slowly getting the other members of the Horde to realize that he is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think the most important thing to know is that Garrosh has become reckless, is throwing away the lives of his own people and those of his allies, turned some of his people into Sha and all that just to achieve a victory against the Alliance. He's slowly getting the other members of the Horde to realize that he is a problem.
    so basically garrosh has completely dropped the beans since late cata?

Evil is in the eye of the beholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people still respond to your threads even though when 5.1 hit you made a thread about how garrosh was clearly a good guy. But to answer your question no the horde has not gone evil garrosh and a select group of his followers have gone evil if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The Horde is as dedicated to honor as peace as they ever have been
    Which is to say: they are still the same scum who clear-cut primeval forest, violate the dead, and pollute pristine waters with oil rigs, while prattling on about honor and glory and whatever. The difference is that they can't hide behind a reasonable leader now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look crazy Salandrin back to his old tricks.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-21 at 03:55 PM.
    Aye mate

Horde has been corrupted by the Burning Legion. Ragefire Chasm has red orcs in it since Pandaria. The new quest to kill the dark shaman down there also says that this happened for months (not years) and that they don't know what this dark shaman is up to. I think he is corrupting Garrosh with demonic energys from Argus.

I expect the next expansion and the end of this expansion will show that. I also think we will meet the Burning Legion on their home planet Argus.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Nope, the Horde is actually starting to take steps to better themselves. It's now just Garrosh and hardliners supporting his way that appear dark, then a bunch of grunts who don't yet know better. I imagine they do soon enough.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I have not really kept up to date with WoW, but as of 5.2, I plan on returning.

It would seem Garrosh has killed Anduin, among other things, but even if I'm not too familiar with what's up now, do you effectively think the Horde has gone black now?
    wut?

No. I suggest you look into some of the lore, especially the bits about the sunreavers of dalaran. If you think the horde are doing bad things, read up on what the alliance did to the innocents that were in the vicinity of the sunreavers.

Both sides are caught in a bloody conflict, we were told before MoP even dropped that the focus of the expansion would be on the horde / alliance conflict again. It's no surprise to see horrible things being done on both sides. However, it's fair to say that most of the newer travesties initiated by the horde are the direct result of their (widely disliked) leader, garrosh. Most of us (I think) want Thrall back.

That being said, the forsaken are evil as hell. They always have been, and I think they always will be. Hard to argue against that seeing as how half the quests you do for them are to make a plague that will end all life on azeroth. Just sayin'.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Garrosh has and a good portion of the young(and stupid) orcs. Orcs loyal to Thrall's horde as well as the tauren, trolls, and blood elves are all plotting against Garrosh. Goblins just like money and blowing things up so they don't care too much who wins as long as they're on the winning side.

I don't think the Horde is "evil." However there is quite a bit of finger pointing. The real true evil in the Azerothian universe is the Burning Legion.

The oldest war between the Orcs and Humans, can be said that the Orcs were the invaders, the aggressors. However that isn't true. The Orcs were a good shamanistic peaceful race and they lived side by side the Draenei for quite some time. It just so happned to be that the blood thirsty and power hungry orcs decided to commune with the legion. They were aided to coming to Azeroth by Medivh (a human!), who also was tempted by that same power.

The point is no one race or faction is "evil" both sides have good and evil people.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Garrosh has and a good portion of the young(and stupid) orcs. Orcs loyal to Thrall's horde as well as the tauren, trolls, and blood elves are all plotting against Garrosh. Goblins just like money and blowing things up so they don't care too much who wins as long as they're on the winning side.
    I think the Undead are in on the peaceful side. They have very few options to adding to their numbers, so fighting wars is against what the want.

They're painting Garrosh to be so egregiously bloodthirsty that it makes me think they're going to have to throw a monkey wrench into the equation sometime soon, because "Garrosh being so ridiculously evil and now we have to put a stop to it because he's out control" is almost so predictable at this point that they almost have to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What? No. Don't be silly. The actions of one man (or Orc), does not reflect upon the whole. The Horde is as dedicated to honor as peace as they ever have been, though that doesn't mean that they're not used to the wrong ends or unwilling to fight.
    Funny then how many fans Garrosh has among the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It would seem Garrosh has killed Anduin
    First of all, I doubt he's dead..
    There are screen shots from v5.2 PTR where Anduin is talking to Wrathion..

Second, how can you consider killing the son (and heir) of the leader of the enemy as evil? If anything, it's a valid strategic move and perfectly sane thing to do..

You need to seperate "acts of war" and "war crimes"... Killing Anduin falls under the first category...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is severely wounded by Garrosh in 5.1 at the end of the Dominance Offensive questline, but he survives. In 5.2 he's hanging out with Wrathion, the Black Prince. (Side note: is it just me, or would his name have been infinitely better as just "Rathion?")

The Dominance Offensive questline shows Garrosh's dark actions (namely attempting to harness the Sha) while at the same time showing others within the Horde (Vol'jin, Baine, and Lor'themar) making plans to overthrow him.

Also, the dark shaman are not corrupting Garrosh, and they have nothing to do with warlocks. They are featured in Tides of War and are actually loyal to Garrosh (at least, some of them are). They are shamans who use their powers in ways normally forbidden, typically by enslaving powerful elemental creatures that shouldn't be enslaved, like molten giants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    First of all, I doubt he's dead..
    There are screen shots from v5.2 PTR where Anduin is talking to Wrathion..

Second, how can you consider killing the son (and heir) of the leader of the enemy as evil? If anything, it's a valid strategic move and perfectly sane thing to do..

You need to seperate "acts of war" and "war crimes"... Killing Anduin falls under the first category...
    You all forget that Garrosh was seriously handicapped while hitting Anduin ... he forgot to have his weapons coated with poison ..

Long live and prosper !