Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well let's see, if we ignore the fact that evil is subjective...

Orcs: Majority follows Garrosh and Garrosh is backstabbing, mistreating his allies, being a power hungry tyrant. I suppose some might see that as evil, so orcs are mostly evil.
    Forsaken: Raise the dead to serve them, can be kinda evil. Otherwise mind their own business and don't care much for the rest. A bit of evil I guess.
    Tauren: Tauren? Evil!? Yeah right, not our Tauren.
    Trolls: Right now they're not even on the battlefield and their leader is working towards dethroning Garrosh, the biggest "evil" in the Horde. No evil here, unless you think it's evil to destroy a tyrant...?
    Blood Elves: Fighting to survive, being treated like complete crap. Nothing evil about wanting to live, and they're not doing anything wrong in doing so but fight a crazy mage chick.
    Goblins: Making money on all the war, being greedy as always, thinking about lots of profit. Little evil to some I guess but not really.
    Overall: A bit of evil from some races, but otherwise nothing wrong.

Personally the only "evil" I see in the Horde is Garrosh and his followers and I don't even consider them evil, I just hate them because they're traitors to the true ways of the Horde to me.

I'm not even sure I can think of the Mogu and Zandalari and Co. as evil either. One might be doing what he think is right to serve his gods, it's just not in our interests. And the other wants their former glory after losing their home and getting closer to extinction, they're just doing it by trying to take over what's not theirs instead of seeking refuge or something.

Nothing is truly evil, not every being in the entire World of Warcraft consider Sargeras evil, at least I doubt the Legion thinks that... Evil depends on the view point, always will.

Well, garrosh is going to be the scapegoat now, every orc is going to say oh thank you thrall you opened my eyes, i never liked garrosh any way. And once again they will be easily redeemed.

Horde did not start becoming aggressive with garrosh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Personally the only "evil" I see in the Horde is Garrosh and his followers and I don't even consider them evil, I just hate them because they're traitors to the true ways of the Horde to me.
    They're honestly closer to the philosophies of the original Horde, the Horde that was founded by Gul'dan and Blackhand.

Nothing at all like Thrall's New Horde, though.

I suppose which you consider to be the "true Horde" depends on your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Horde has been corrupted by the Burning Legion. Ragefire Chasm has red orcs in it since Pandaria. The new quest to kill the dark shaman down there also says that this happened for months (not years) and that they don't know what this dark shaman is up to. I think he is corrupting Garrosh with demonic energys from Argus.
    I expect the next expansion and the end of this expansion will show that. I also think we will meet the Burning Legion on their home planet Argus.
    Wrong.

In Ragefire Chasm are Orcs that were sent down to abuse the Elemental Powers, mainly Fire obviously.

Altough this very evil as well, they are not corrupted and in fact traitor to the Horde as a whole because most of these "Dark Shaman" were actually Member of the Twilight's Hammer and now try to copy the Elemental ascension, which failed however and resulted in the final Boss.

The mad bid for power is the only thing that is corrupting there, not the Legion.

I think of the horde as being dragged along by garrosh, hey come on we are going to make the horde lands safe and defeat the alliance with honor, oh that sounds cool, okay now we are going to murder the alliance and make azeroth safe for the orce, but waht about the other races, THEY DONT MATTER ONLY THOSE WITH THE COURAGE TO STAND INFRONT OF THE ORCS ABSORBING ALLIANCE BULLETS SHALL KNOW GLORY!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire orc population knows what Garrosh is doing? You do realize people in control like to hide the bad things they do, right? If his deeds were so widely known to the population I bet many of his followers would no longer want to follow him. Why do you think he sent an assassin to poison Vol'jin? So he wouldn't yap about how Garrosh wants to create flesh soldiers with evil magic. To the average orc citizen Garrosh is just some glorious war hero who they think will lead them to glory. You all have to remember there's no such thing as television or journalism in Azeroth.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-01-21 at 10:27 AM.

Far from regular evil even, how are they pure evil is beyond me.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What? No. Don't be silly. The actions of one man (or Orc), does not reflect upon the whole. The Horde is as dedicated to honor as peace as they ever have been
    As in....not at all or just lip service for most, and a way of life for the few.

You are right that the actions of one man doesn't reflect upon the whole....but that holds true for Thrall as well. And the Horde was very aggressive,etc even when Thrall was in charge.

EJL

Deleted
    The thing about Garrosh is he seems to be literally rebuilding the old Horde.

People have already mentioned his Dark Shaman under Org who are suspected to be ex Twilight Hammer, but we also have him giving an amnesty to members of the Dark Horde.

(Dark Horde was Rend Blackhand's Orcs who still clinged to the demon worship, depravity and bloodlust of the old ways)

Given the Twilights hammer was an old Horde clan before it became an old god doomsday cult and the Blackrocks still follow the old ways, Garrosh is literally bringing in any and all into his war no matter how undesirable or corrupted they are.

I have no doubt that we are seeing a real sins of the father story here and Garrosh will turn out to being used as a legion pawn (either directly or indirectly) just like daddy was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    The thing about Garrosh is he seems to be literally rebuilding the old Horde.

People have already mentioned his Dark Shaman under Org who are suspected to be ex Twilight Hammer, but we also have him giving an amnesty to members of the Dark Horde.

(Dark Horde was Rend Blackhand's Orcs who still clinged to the demon worship, depravity and bloodlust of the old ways)

Given the Twilights hammer was an old Horde clan before it became an old god doomsday cult and the Blackrocks still follow the old ways, Garrosh is literally bringing in any and all into his war no matter how undesirable or corrupted they are.

I have no doubt that we are seeing a real sins of the father story here and Garrosh will turn out to being used as a legion pawn (either directly or indirectly) just like daddy was.
    What I think Garrosh actually learned from his father's experience is, basically, "dad got power from the demon, then he killed the demon; courting dark forces is a cool thing to do as long as you have an exit strategy."

He's harnessing all this crap... corruption, nature, primal forces... and he's using them to get what he wants. Wild beasts from Northrend, dark shaman and the elements, mogu artifacts, the sha. Means to an end. He feels that he can master them, and if he can't master them, he can control them just long enough to win his war. Then he can eliminate them.

If Garrosh ever truly won this war, I feel pretty strongly that his first act would be to do away with all of that stuff. Murder those shaman, destroy the artifacts, bury the sha, strike them from the records of history, and take all the credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    You all forget that Garrosh was seriously handicapped while hitting Anduin ... he forgot to have his weapons coated with poison ..
    He's a warrior, not a rogue..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    think there should be a vote to see how many would get behind garrosh, and see how many wouldnt. As a horde player i love what Garrosh is doing, he is proper badass. Since the beginning of Wrath (wrath gate cut scene comes to mind), the alliance and horde have been far to friendly. I want all out war, i love that our leader actually has a back bone and wants to get shit done. I for one will gladly fight beside him. All the pussys who dont want to be involved, faction change to ally and fight against him!

Garrosh is like a comic book villain in MoP so yeah the Horde is evil now but some other Horde faction leader are rebelling against him so in the end we'll probably be back to normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    I for one will gladly fight beside him. All the pussys who dont want to be involved, faction change to ally and fight against him!
    Oh you're going to get disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    He's a warrior, not a rogue..
    I think he's confused about Caine died and referencing that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Horde has been corrupted by the Burning Legion. Ragefire Chasm has red orcs in it since Pandaria. The new quest to kill the dark shaman down there also says that this happened for months (not years) and that they don't know what this dark shaman is up to. I think he is corrupting Garrosh with demonic energys from Argus.

I expect the next expansion and the end of this expansion will show that. I also think we will meet the Burning Legion on their home planet Argus.
    Those aren't Legion Orcs, those are Orcs who are messing with Twilights Hammer magic and trying to make Ascendants. Also HAI Salandrinn, it's been *too* long...

Anduin isn't dead, Garrosh thinks so though. Vol'jin, Baine and Lor'themar are all plotting to revolt against Garrosh and Sylvanas... Well fuck know's what she's up to. So no, the Horde hasn't gone pure evil, it's just Garrosh as usual.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    wut?

No. I suggest you look into some of the lore, especially the bits about the sunreavers of dalaran. If you think the horde are doing bad things, read up on what the alliance did to the innocents that were in the vicinity of the sunreavers.

Both sides are caught in a bloody conflict, we were told before MoP even dropped that the focus of the expansion would be on the horde / alliance conflict again. It's no surprise to see horrible things being done on both sides. However, it's fair to say that most of the newer travesties initiated by the horde are the direct result of their (widely disliked) leader, garrosh. Most of us (I think) want Thrall back.

That being said, the forsaken are evil as hell. They always have been, and I think they always will be. Hard to argue against that seeing as how half the quests you do for them are to make a plague that will end all life on azeroth. Just sayin'.
    The Horde blew up an entire city, which was the home of the leader of Dalaran. Even then she allowed them to stay. It was only when they stole a weapon of mass destruction that they were asked to leave and when they refused were removed by force. The Horde is far worse than the Alliance, there are just more apologists for them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    The Horde blew up an entire city, which was the home of the leader of Dalaran. Even then she allowed them to stay. It was only when they stole a weapon of mass destruction that they were asked to leave and when they refused were removed by force. The Horde is far worse than the Alliance, there are just more apologists for them.
    They blew up Theramore - THEN she became head of the Kirin Tor, thus leader of Dalaran. And no, she didn't allow the Horde to stay, she allowed the neutral Sunreavers to stay. And she certainly didn't ask the Sunreavers to leave, she attacked them and imprisoned them, and slaughtered their dragonhawks so they couldn't even escape. Tsk tsk.

think there should be a vote to see how many would get behind garrosh, and see how many wouldnt. As a horde player i love what Garrosh is doing, he is proper badass. Since the beginning of Wrath (wrath gate cut scene comes to mind), the alliance and horde have been far to friendly. I want all out war, i love that our leader actually has a back bone and wants to get shit done. I for one will gladly fight beside him. All the pussys who dont want to be involved, faction change to ally and fight against him!
    You also support him trying to kill Vol'jin? We all know he wants Sylvannas dead. How about him using Twilight Cult magics? Sending troops that are on his side to their death on purpose? How about his direct actions causing the mental instabilities of his own troops.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    You really don't get it. Garrosh is not a badass, he's a coward with serious daddy issues.