View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I see way more "I hate CRZ!" than "I love CRZ!" I highly doubt it's because they are "going anal" and it's just because it's the majority
    No, the majority are the 90% who simply doesn't is interrested about CRZ. (i highly doubt that more than 10% of the playerbase cares about CRZ). I like CRZ, and i only found 2-3 players ingame that hates CRZ for now

And docterfreeze: only because one side is louder doesn't it mean that this is the majority. THE COMPLAINERS ARE ALWAYS LOUDER!

And people: this is an MMO; this doesn't make the zone your personal zone where you can farm easy mats. I only hear complains about this kind of thing that people cannot farm as much as before. And because of gankers.

For the second reason: i know it is unfair that 90 gank you, but this is a problem that blizzard should fix otherwise. This is not a CRZ-Bug, this is a bug of extreme item scaling and no maximum percentual damage per attack.
    And the first reason: accept it or buy it from the Aucion House!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    THE COMPLAINERS ARE ALWAYS LOUDER!
    What makes you think so?

And people: this is an MMO; this doesn't make the zone your personal zone where you can farm easy mats.
    He's on a low pop server, and now he has to camp herb spawn points for mats. Have you ever played on a low pop server, or are you absolutely obliterated of the relevance of this use-case?

For the second reason: i know it is unfair that 90 gank you, but this is a problem that blizzard should fix otherwise. This is not a CRZ-Bug, this is a bug of extreme item scaling and no maximum percentual damage per attack.
    Yeah, it is just that CRZ made the issue more severe because a griefer gets more victims to fool around with, and it is just that Blizzard won't fix the issue.

And the first reason: accept it or buy it from the Aucion House!
    ??? sorry what are you saying you are asking someone on a low pop realm to buy something on the auction house did I just understand this right? If yes, AHAHAHHAA the ghost mushrooms was barely on my high pop realm when I played challenge modes, you won't find them on a low pop realm and if you do not for a normal price. Why not? S&D.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    CRZ should be only for PvP realms. If you MUST have it on PvE/RP servers as well, then at least give an opt-out option.
    here here. i don't want outsiders on my turf to compete with. give me an arsenal to chase em off with....lol.

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

Stormrage is catching up to you Illidan =p

Lot of it has to do with CRZ and Stormrage being a PVE server.

I play on Sargeras Alliance. Have to say I don't like being grouped with Illidan Horde for 1-85 content.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Playerbase: The world looks empty.
    Blizzard: Lets implement CRZ.
    Playerbase: The world is too crowded.
    Blizzard: ...
    I never, EVER, saw a post where somebody complained the "world looks empty". They complained "There's nobody on our server for us to make a sustainable guild/raid group with."... people who say that are just re-translating it into what Blizzard has described it as to them.

Nobody EVER complained about the "empty zones". Even if a few did - CRZ clearly wasn't implemented for fixing that that - that was merely the excuse Blizz used to sell it to you... just as Zenimax is pushing their "megaserver" tech to make it easier to find your friends. BS it was any of that crap or increasing world PVP... it was implemented so they don't have to say the words "Server merge", which is the deathnail sign of a dying MMORPG. Even if WoW wasn't dying, bad words don't ring well to blind stockholders.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    CRZ should be only for PvP realms. If you MUST have it on PvE/RP servers as well, then at least give an opt-out option.
    If they do that, I'll purchase MoP and enjoy my time again in WoW - that's the ONLY thing that's keeping me from playing as I detest CRZ on my PVE server.

Deleted
    I play in a very popular server and its like this:

I go out and farm some stuffs, see 0 people, go to SW gate and see about 3 low level people there, enter SW and suddenly people start to pop up everywhere. :P

Deleted
    Everything should be cross realm, or nothing should be.

At the moment my realm is just Orgrimmar and Pandaria.

When I go out into the old world I see strangers, more people from other realms than my own. It doesn't feel like my realm anymore. I didn't ask for that, I was forced into it. It has nothing to do with the amount, or lack of people on my realm. Community feels worse than it did before.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Bullshit, it's not half of entire playerbase. 80% of players don't give a shit about CRZ, they just pass by the players from other realms and do what they want to do. 10% like CRZ, 5% dislike it but they know it's harmless and remaining 5% are going anal about it on the forums because they don't know what MMORPG means and they want to play it alone.

PS. Numbers are made up, but in my opinion they are close. No way in hell CRZ is something despised by half of playerbase.
    I represent the 80%. We don't even notice, or care.

I think people that come to the forums forget that many players in-game never go to sites and about wow and especially never post on forums.

I spend a lot of time on mmo-champion and other sites and I'll go to talk to something upcoming with my guild and they'll have no idea what I'm talking about because all they know about the game is what is currently in-game.

These people that say "50% of the player base hate this part of the game should really say, 50% of the forum posters hate it. And the total forum posters is probably only 20% of the player base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I never, EVER, saw a post where somebody complained the "world looks empty". They complained "There's nobody on our server for us to make a sustainable guild/raid group with."... people who say that are just re-translating it into what Blizzard has described it as to them.

Nobody EVER complained about the "empty zones". Even if a few did - CRZ clearly wasn't implemented for fixing that that - that was merely the excuse Blizz used to sell it to you... just as Zenimax is pushing their "megaserver" tech to make it easier to find your friends. BS it was any of that crap or increasing world PVP... it was implemented so they don't have to say the words "Server merge", which is the deathnail sign of a dying MMORPG. Even if WoW wasn't dying, bad words don't ring well to blind stockholders.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 06:40 AM ----------

If they do that, I'll purchase MoP and enjoy my time again in WoW - that's the ONLY thing that's keeping me from playing as I detest CRZ on my PVE server.
    If you seriously think Blizzard went through the time and expense of developing CRZ so they didn't have to say the words "server merge" you have a different view of the company than me; the Blizzard I know would have just ignored the issue until it wasn't feasible for them anymore then they would have introduced those merges claiming it was both the right time and that it was done under customer demand. I don't much care for CRZ myself but I see it as a trial for Titan while also being aham-fisted way of actually solving a problem in WoW rather than a PR issue. It's not as if those people who wanted server merges to solve the problem of their dying realms are suddenly happy, they have just been drowned out with all this CRZ talk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    If you seriously think Blizzard went through the time and expense of developing CRZ so they didn't have to say the words "server merge" you have a different view of the company than me; the Blizzard I know would have just ignored the issue until it wasn't feasible for them anymore then they would have introduced those merges claiming it was both the right time and that it was done under customer demand. I don't much care for CRZ myself but I see it as a trial for Titan while also being aham-fisted way of actually solving a problem in WoW rather than a PR issue. It's not as if those people who wanted server merges to solve the problem of their dying realms are suddenly happy, they have just been drowned out with all this CRZ talk.
    That depends. Because I believe CRZ is just introduced to evade the problem SWTOR had with dead servers. But not so much right now, more so the future. Also there are million of played who grew up with dead leveling zones which they may or may not have preferred.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post

At the moment my realm is just Orgrimmar and Pandaria.

When I go out into the old world I see strangers, more people from other realms than my own. It doesn't feel like my realm anymore. I didn't ask for that, I was forced into it. It has nothing to do with the amount, or lack of people on my realm. Community feels worse than it did before.
    This is why intelligent people don't like CRZ. We wanted a realm community improvement. What we got was open world LFD. There's a major difference.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    No, not everything, then we have more lag and more bugs than ever before... smart.

I never, EVER, saw a post where somebody complained the "world looks empty". (...)
    Just a quotation from one of the many threads on the topic at hand : there cannot be a "world" when there is a simple interface which teleports you everywhere. The CRZ feature is merely a stopgap, the next best thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never, EVER, saw a post where somebody complained the "world looks empty".
    We shouldn't presume that CRZ is some developer response to forum chatter. In this case I'm going to guess that it's a rather large change to their network infrastructure and they have their own reasons for doing it and rationalizations (good or bad) for how it will affect players.

That said, Blizzard remains ever hopeful that they can find ways to attract new players to the game. New players joining up to one of the largest MMO's on the planet (with all that the acronym implies) probably would expect to see other players as they level up. Having started a couple of new toons since MoP on an extremely casual basis I can report that they will now. I'm not sure they'll actually like the other players they meet but other players they certainly will see.

Lastly, I've seen plenty of threads in the past both here and on the main boards about how empty the world seems.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-04 at 06:00 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's two problems I've seen with CRZ so far. One being a bug and the other is just a core gameplay feature. 1) Some dismounting bugs when crossing zones and 2) mob tagging while questing. Fix these two and I see no problems.

I've seen threads complaining about empty zones in every single MMO I've ever played.