View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...were you playing WoW before CRZ and still considered it an MMORPG?
    Yes, up until wotlk or so. Then it was basically a single player game, CRZ fixed that, and everyone complaining about it really shouldn't be playing a mmorpg from my point of view. Play a multiplayer rpg and leave this genre alone, instead of trying to change it. Worse then a bunch of people immigrating to a country and then trying to change that country to be the same as their old one. Come play a mmorpg, but if you don't like the MMO part then bugger off instead of trying to change the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Yes, up until wotlk or so. Then it was basically a single player game, CRZ fixed that, and everyone complaining about it really shouldn't be playing a mmorpg from my point of view. Play a multiplayer rpg and leave this genre alone, instead of trying to change it. Worse then a bunch of people immigrating to a country and then trying to change that country to be the same as their old one. Come play a mmorpg, but if you don't like the MMO part then bugger off instead of trying to change the game.
    Oh weird, cause lately I'm playing this MMORPG which doesn't have any of the CRZ issues... Guild Wars 2 musn't be a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to get stuff done efficiently
    Yeah, I was level 80 yesterday evening questing in Mount Hyjall and got gank here and there by evil dumbass pvper with 345k HP.
    So I had to log on my 90 and teach them a lesson.

And today I hit lvl 85
    Your point about things getting done efficiently is invalid

Imho CRZ is just Blizzard testing server stuff for upcoming game . Its just not make sense - there is no group quests yet they give us option to play together ?!
    Slightly offtopic - player housing. Isnt the farm at Sunsong a kind of housing - they just need to add some more interesting stuff and voila

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I find that I like CRZ more than I dislike them... I've been alternating between leveling a human warlock and an undead hunter and seeing leveling zones populated again is pretty neat.

Sure, it can be frustrating to have to wait for 5+ minutes for a mob to respawn, but so far I haven't had an experience that was so negative that it outweighed the nostalgia of actually seeing people while I level.

However, I'd probably feel differently if I were still on a PVP server.
    Most of them are bots (at least from my experience). Bots are ruining this game, not CRZ or ghostcrawler. I am tired of meeting them in open world, dungeons, battlegrounds.
    It is fun meeting enemy fraction while leveling, but when you engage them in battle, they just stand still like a target dummy and spam 1 attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The world feels empty!

blizz; ok about merge zones over servers

the world is to crowded!

blizz: ....
    GP(general population): We hate trash, make a raid with no trash!

Blizz: OK, here ya go. TOC, an entire raid with no trash JUST LIKE YOU ASKED!

GP: TOC? WORST. RAID. EVER.

Really, Blizz should just stop listening to the majority out there.

I'm not a huge fan of CRZ, mainly the gaps between zones when I lose a passenger
    and the noticeable time change of a zone depending on what server it's hosted on...

Other than that, it really is nice to idle in Ironforge and see it active again. It's also
    very lovely to start a new alt and actually see quite a few people in the starting zone.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post

I'm not a huge fan of CRZ, mainly the gaps between zones when I lose a passenger
    and the noticeable time change of a zone depending on what server it's hosted on...

Other than that, it really is nice to idle in Ironforge and see it active again. It's also
    quite lovely to start a new alt and actually see quite a few people in the starting zone.
    You are confusing majority with forum moaners.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You are confusing majority with forum moaners.
    Sadly, I'm not confusing the two. The forum moaners ARE the majority now.
    There's plenty of educated forum posters out there, but let's face it they are
    slowly being ousted by the large and very loud masses of whiners out there.
    (at least that's how i see it now xD)
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I'm not confusing the two. The forum moaners ARE the majority now.
    There's plenty of educated forum posters out there, but let's face it they are
    slowly being ousted by the large and very loud masses of whiners out there.
    (at least that's how i see it now xD)
    If you look at amount of wow players (~10 millions) and amount of forum moaners (i doubt you have seen/heard more than thousand), you will get my point.

All people i raided with thinks that ALL raids are AWESOME (why would they raided them then?), even ToC (personally, i really enjoyed it and PvE-PvP encounter was interesting). Some people just can't stop complain about everything. I guess they want a game that fits them, but instead seeking for such a game, they want wow to be that game

CRZ = lazy implementation. Good ideas behind it but their execution is awful and they refuse to make it better so you are stuck with all the drawbacks of a high pop server without any of the benefits (like the AH)
    Dailies = lazy content.

= No sub from me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder why they are keeping a feature like this where half of the players can't stand it. They'll only lose players. Is that worth it to prevent having to merge empty servers?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Wonder why they are keeping a feature like this where half of the players can't stand it. They'll only lose players. Is that worth it to prevent having to merge empty servers?
    Bullshit, it's not half of entire playerbase. 80% of players don't give a shit about CRZ, they just pass by the players from other realms and do what they want to do. 10% like CRZ, 5% dislike it but they know it's harmless and remaining 5% are going anal about it on the forums because they don't know what MMORPG means and they want to play it alone.

PS. Numbers are made up, but in my opinion they are close. No way in hell CRZ is something despised by half of playerbase.

Deleted

very lovely to start a new alt and actually see quite a few people in the starting zone.
    Bollocks. The post you quoted went like this:

Playerbase: The world looks empty.
    Blizzard: Lets implement CRZ.
    Playerbase: The world is too crowded.
    Blizzard: ...

Same as with realm merges. Of course some people actually LIKED to play on a quiet realm.

The sensible solution is free character transfers all around the world. Those who LIKE to play on a quiet realm can stay there, and those who PREFER to move to crowded realm can do that. But that makes them lose a bit of profit on an artificial feature which costs them 0,01 EUR to execute (all automated).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The world feels empty!

blizz; ok about merge zones over servers

the world is to crowded!

blizz: ....
    It says much that the known WoW hate boys support the anti CRZ movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Bullshit, it's not half of entire playerbase. 80% of players don't give a shit about CRZ, they just pass by the players from other realms and do what they want to do. 10% like CRZ, 5% dislike it but they know it's harmless and remaining 5% are going anal about it on the forums because they don't know what MMORPG means and they want to play it alone.

PS. Numbers are made up, but in my opinion they are close. No way in hell CRZ is something despised by half of playerbase.
    I see way more "I hate CRZ!" than "I love CRZ!" I highly doubt it's because they are "going anal" and it's just because it's the majority

Coming from the Alliance side of Lighteninghoof (RPPvP - low population - Horde dominated), CRZ stinks. We still have all the disadvantages of a low population realm (difficulties in recruiting, etc.). We have new problems from the CRZ. Any materials that are from zones that are cross realm now are basically non-existent. I'm currently trying to camp some ghost mushroom spawns to make invisibility potions to do challenge mode dungeons. Herbs are now rare spawns... let alone the rare spawn mobs and pets.

For an added bonus, we get to hang out with every single Horde jerk on every other RPPvP realm who wants to spend their time camping lowbies. The stated reasoning for CRZ was to get players out in the world. I no longer level alts in the world. It used to be fun. Now, leveling an alt is a frustrating endeavor that involves serving as one-shot targets for bored players from other servers. Any alts level through dungeons exclusively. With just our server, we were able to enforce what we considered honorable pvp (by making the offenders regret their actions). However, the realm pool population is too large to educate every person out there. Only one continent exists anymore... huzzah for the small world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    CRZ stinks. We still have all the disadvantages of a low population realm (difficulties in recruiting, etc.). We have new problems from the CRZ. Any materials that are from zones that are cross realm now are basically non-existent.
    as some one from a low populated realm id have to agree. CRZ only made things worse for us since it still doesn't improve any of the REAL problems with low population its not some empty level 30zones its the recruiting witch makes stuff like running 25man raids practically impossible on some realms. now the ONLY advantage we had like easy leveling of professions with cheap and easily available low level mats are just a faint memory.

I like seeing the world seem more alive again. Honestly I could care less about the mat costs or the other garbage people have been complaining about. I am playing a MMORPG. That means there should be other players. CRZ means I see other players as I am leveling and it makes me feel like I am a living world again. If I don't want to see other players I can log into an one of the older Elder Scrolls games.

Deleted
    Nzete, vamonos, that is exactly my experience on my second WoW account which I used on a small RPPvP server in EU.

I used to be very much opposed to it, when it first came out it was almost impossible to lvl in some places because the zone would just be filled with lvl 85's killing you, but now that MoP has been out for a while, it doesn't really bother me. My biggest qualm with it is that it doesn't really seem to do what it says it should. By that, i mean it doesn't create a more social aspect or anything like that, it gets more people in the world, but then you just ignore them and quest how you would if they were there or not.

The only noticable thing it does is bring about more ganking by the odd high lvl who hangs around in certain zones, but really, if you know where to avoid, and you mix in some instances/BG's it is really not a big deal.