Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Some new attack animations for DK?

After having leveled all 8 of my characters from 85 to 90 now, including a warrior and a paladin, I noticed this.

Warriors have a nice collosus smash animation to mix up their attack animations and paladins have their new templar's verdict animation to mix their attacks up a bit.

At the moment DK attack animations are all the same, when playing frost 2h using the same overhead smash animation that orcs have over and over again, it feels just a bit repetetive after playing a warrior or paladin.

Do you guys think DK's will get some different attack animations, if so what abilities would you like them for?

I think they wanted to give DKs the Templar's Verdict animation for Death Strike but players complained that it was fruity or something.

Soul reaper also deserves a nice animation, it just made me sad the first time I casted it -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Like a drain soul beam from the hand? I'm in

I would like to see special weapon effects for certain attacks as well as new animations. Our weapons are supposed to be Rune Weapons, we should see them being all shiny and badass when we activate Runic abilities.

Welcome to DK's, always neglected because our class was added later so has a better base, which is their excuse for leaving ours behind.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm not mistaking the so called "Templar's verdict" animation is actually labled as "Death Strike" in the character animation sets.

I'd love a few more animations personally, constaly doing my lil jump spin, EVERY gcd pretty much is annoying :l

Deleted
    They said they will work on Melee animations sometimes in the future (they mentioned Warrior, Rogue especially). So they are aware of boring animations but it could be a while till it changes OOOR it might change with the new player models? one can hope

I truly hope they get to this at some point soon in the future !
    post this on official forum
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

Deleted
    I'm not fan of the current deathstrike. The sound it makes is sexy but animation is terribly boring for "rotational" ability.

Currently DKs boast no medium cooldown (15-30sec) strikes that would be the best target for such an special animation so it wouldn't get repetitive.
    Some effect for target if they got soul reaper waiting to blow them up would be nice, like living bomb or such but in "evil" fashion.

Slam animation for Obliterate/Scourge Strike/Death Strike please.

female ud dw is nice, but 2h is bad...i coulda sworn female undead used to do flips with 2h b4??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    female ud dw is nice, but 2h is bad...i coulda sworn female undead used to do flips with 2h b4??
    dont they flip when dual wielding?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    dont they flip when dual wielding?
    yea thats what i mean, thats why i like female ud dw...i just thought they flipped with 2h too

Cant help it, but when you are watching your character when playing then you are doing it wrong.

No need to see you smash something, you should be aware of what is around you and what your enemy does...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    If I'm not mistaking the so called "Templar's verdict" animation is actually labled as "Death Strike" in the character animation sets.

I'd love a few more animations personally, constaly doing my lil jump spin, EVERY gcd pretty much is annoying :l
    Yeah, So it is called Death Strike. I notes this my self when looking at animations. But DS dose not have this animation?
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-25 at 01:47 PM.

I think the dk. Frost 2h is way to "fancy" for a death knight. When i hear death knight, first thing that comes to mind is a slugger. Someone who use power to strike. More like the skeleton king in diablo3. Now its kinda like one of those unhuman 300 characters. Fight with high finesse.

All the animations for female Night Elf are thoroughly satisfying, so I don't mind :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Cant help it, but when you are watching your character when playing then you are doing it wrong.

No need to see you smash something, you should be aware of what is around you and what your enemy does...
    Or I could be aware of all that AND see my own character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen still flip with a 2h weapon... but I do agree need at least one new animation for dks.