Removing the Shadow Blades Sound.

Ahoy there,

I tend to "mute" all combat related sounds (hits/parries/spells etc etc) so I only hear boss emotes. As Blizzard does not provide a feature like that in their client, the only way to do so is to replace sound files in your wow folder with empty ones.

Anyhow, I was sifting through the sound files and can't find the annoying rogue ability Shadow Blades (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=121471).

If you don't know what I am talking about, it can be heard here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH04tOXN7Ag

Now my plea is: does anyone know what sound file (location/name welcome) that this ability uses?

Regards,

Megafail

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Ahoy there,

I tend to "mute" all combat related sounds (hits/parries/spells etc etc) so I only hear boss emotes. As Blizzard does not provide a feature like that in their client, the only way to do so is to replace sound files in your wow folder with empty ones.

Anyhow, I was sifting through the sound files and can't find the annoying rogue ability Shadow Blades (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=121471).

If you don't know what I am talking about, it can be heard here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH04tOXN7Ag

Now my plea is: does anyone know what sound file (location/name welcome) that this ability uses?

Regards,

Megafail
    Sounds like a steam engine.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...orbiddentopics

"Activities considered illegal by Blizzard Entertainment (botting, hacking, cheating, exploiting,...)"

This includes modifying game files. Closing this.

*Edit*

It was brought to my attention that this is fully possible without violating Blizzard's Terms of Use via placing files in the Interface folder. I was unaware of this.

My sincere apologies - Reopened.
    Last edited by Venara; 2013-01-21 at 04:46 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Download the file here - Scripts to play any sound in MoP - and use the Search function in your text editor (usually CTRL+F) to look for the name of the ability (no spaces). That'll give you the folder and file names you'll have to match to mute the sound in MOST cases.

This doesn't seem to work here, though. You may have to just go through the sounds in the "\Spells\" folder one by one to find it. I'd start with the ones that mention "shadow" in the filename, though.

Thanks Taryble, I'll give that a go!

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Thanks Taryble, I'll give that a go!
    I looked through the list and found this:

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Spells/Shadowstrike_Impact_Chest.Ogg")

Should be it, hopefully!

Deleted
    ctrl+s not good or?

Deleted
    That would disable boss emotes etc. too.

I think you can use ctrl+S.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    autoclicker, the reply above you (and 11 _hours_ earlier) already answered why Ctrl+S won't work - the OP wants to hear boss emotes. Boss emotes are silenced when you use Ctrl+S.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylinerw View Post
    I looked through the list and found this:

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Spells/Shadowstrike_Impact_Chest.Ogg")

Should be it, hopefully!
    Thanks for that, but wasn't it either.
    It's probably some random sound file they've had for years so I'll end up going through all sounds 1 by 1 eventually.

This sound is the most annoying sound ever conceived by blizzard. It's even worse when you got all the other combat sounds muted and you get to listen to the rogue turn on his washing machine every three minutes.
    XBL: VORZAP

I'm pretty sure the sound is the generic nature impact sound that's been in since 2004.

I've gone through every sound file in the sound.mpq and din't find ANYTHING that sounds like it.
    Closest I had was /script PlaySoundFile("Sound/SPELL/FX_Spirit_Explosion01.ogg") and /script PlaySoundFile("Sound/SPELL/FX_Spirit_Explosion02.ogg")

I know Reliliquary of Souls in Black Temple uses this same sound for one of it's abilities. Might looks there.

bossfilter addon, plays (most) boss yell sounds through the master sound channel when a bosses yell is seen, so you will hear them with all sounds disabled, as long as "Enable Sound" (not to be confused with "Sound Effects") is ticked under system -> sounds,

Deleted
    Did anybody find this out yet? I've looked through everything and just can't find it :<