Deleted

Unhappy Sha of fear HC unfriendly for mages (phase 1)

Hi,

I'm having a lot of problems trying to do enough dps on the platforms to kill the add. I'm normally the worst dps (about 5-7M), the others are either melees or warlock/hunter so they don't have the issue of movability. I'm tried arcane which (I guess) will be the best spec for phase 2, but after that I've changed to fire to be able to do "something" on the platforms while moving (with sha assistant).

The problem is that if I wanna stay alive, I can't complete a full evocation. I'm trying to evocate on main platform just before travel to the add platform so at least I'm 30sec with the evocation buff, but still I'm not doing enough damage and the only times we kill the add on time is when our disc priest is in my group (so he does the damage I'm not doing in comparative with the other dps).

Can someone give me some tips or advices? Honestly, my only thought right now is to left my spot to another raider.
    Last edited by mmocb78ce50268; 2013-01-21 at 08:48 AM.

I use rune on this fight, partially because I don't switch to adds in p1 (already have enough dps on them). I just put rune between the 2 slices of the platform I'm dancing between and go back and forth between the slices while staying in the rune.
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

Deleted
    Not 100% sure (haven't tried in a while), but I think you can evocate behind the pillars without getting feared?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Not 100% sure (haven't tried in a while), but I think you can evocate behind the pillars without getting feared?
    Nope, pillars don't stop Dread Spray, only Death Blossom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with RoP as well, but after landing and after every dance when u're back at startsavespot u should have easy time to evocate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataxus View Post
    I use rune on this fight, partially because I don't switch to adds in p1 (already have enough dps on them). I just put rune between the 2 slices of the platform I'm dancing between and go back and forth between the slices while staying in the rune.
    Ataxus mage class hero ...saving the day

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Actually I have not tried arcane so much (only my first try to the boss), now that I already know the patterns for dread spray I gonna give it a try as Ataxus suggest, thanks!

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    I play with RoP as well, but after landing and after every dance when u're back at startsavespot u should have easy time to evocate.
    There are 3 patterns, for 1 of them is easy and you have plenty of time, for the others 2 I cannot accomplish to get a full evocate without getting shot.

The key to the fight is learning the pattern of Dread Spray, yes.
    It will never shoot the same place more than twice and will always perform the same rotation every time. There are addons that will tell you exactly where to stand even, though those usually distract me and I prefer to just do it by eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Actually I have not tried arcane so much (only my first try to the boss), now that I already know the patterns for dread spray I gonna give it a try as Ataxus suggest, thanks!

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:20 AM ----------

There are 3 patterns, for 1 of them is easy and you have plenty of time, for the others 2 I cannot accomplish to get a full evocate without getting shot.
    How often do u move?

When u land, go to startspot instantly. Then u have time until Dreadspray starts + 2 shots. After that u move and after 2-3more shots u move back.

Now u have time until the next dreadspray starts + 2 shots. That are way more than 5 seconds.

And thats the same on any platform, just the positions change.
    Maybe u're moving more than needed.
    Last edited by Abraxis; 2013-01-21 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shaassist addon does a great job of keeping you safe from dread spray and is mandatory for most guilds.

Memorizing this works as well I don't remember where I found this lol
    Last edited by kushlol; 2013-01-21 at 09:40 AM.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    How often do u move?

When u land, go to startspot instantly. Then u have time until Dreadspray starts + 2 shots. After that u move and after 2-3more shots u move back.

Now u have time until the next dreadspray starts + 2 shots. That are way more than 5 seconds.

And thats the same on any platform, just the positions change.
    Maybe u're moving more than needed.
    You only have to move once per dance, and eat 0-1 Dread Sprays (0 on Yang Guoshi, 1 on the others). It is trivial for the healer to heal at most 1 of these hits per dance, and not worth moving more than that as a mage.

remember before you get buff try and scorch weave as much as you can outside the ROP and cast AM inside the ROP when it procs, its a really annoying fight for arcane before geting the lee's buff but once you learn the fight more you should be able to maximise your dps
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I play as mastery-arcane with Rune of Power and i have no problem dpsing on the platforms. You basicly do same rotation as usual. Trick is to drop the rune of power on the edge btw the "safe spots" and then just take a side step left or right during the "scorch-weave" part of your rotation.

use this addon > http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shaoffearassist < with minimal setting put on and it will tell you were to stand (you will end up being hit once. but never twice in a row, so you wont get feared).

*hmm should be fully possible to get an evocation off if you move to safe spot right after a sprayattack.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    The shaassist addon does a great job of keeping you safe from dread spray and is mandatory for most guilds.

Memorizing this works as well I don't remember where I found this lol

What is the blue dot? And are these views with the entrance to the platform at the bottom? Or is the blue dot the entrance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I don't remember where I found this lol
    Awesome image, to simplify things with the constraints of only being shot once and minimal movement, the best strategy I see is:
    * For yang guoshi we can stay on the initial position (blue mark, isn't it?) and move from 13 to 2 after the 3rd shoot (and back again to 13th place for the next round). We will get the 11th shot.
    * For Cheng kang & Jinlun kun we can stay in the left position next to blue mark (12 por cheng, 7 por jin) and move into the right zone once we see a shoot.

Since the tank/healer and odd DPS pick up orbs, I just place my rune right on top of him. Can stand in your rune, run through him or around him to the correct pie piece without eating a single hit. Hasn't let me down yet!

Deleted
    I place a rune on the boss, and near enough stand on him. Using the Shaoffearassist addon. I just move little to the left/right. Think during progression I got feared once maybe twice due to me messing up, standing pretty much on the mini boss is somewhat a good idea imo.

Edit: Just noticed I was beaten to it, what he/she said!