Poll: I

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not feasible for me to go somewhere like a bathroom every time I fart, I do it too often. Folks can deal with it, the smell's gone in seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Around family = Fart normally
    Around guy friends = try to make farts as loud as possible
    Around girl friends = Silence the farts
    At the bars/parties = Fart in the bathroom when I'm taking a piss
    If I see someone else fart = Don't care at all
    Seems accurate, except the last part. If someone else farts, I will usually either make fun of or compete with, depending on who did it. Usually the only people I hear do it are family members and my roommate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answers within the quotes...

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Around family = Fart normally = fine
    Around guy friends = try to make farts as loud as possible = sounds immature. Grown men respect their male friends like anyone else. So, nope. It's not a biggy, yet you still try to be discreet about it.
    Around girl friends = Silence the farts = Aren't we all some artists? What's the sound have to do with the smell? More than often the silent ones are the worst ones
    At the bars/parties = Fart in the bathroom when I'm taking a piss = Only if no one's next to me. Still an enclosed room. If I really have to, I go into the booth and lock the door.
    If I see someone else fart = Don't care at all = Of course I care, one way or another. Depending on person and situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Wait a minute. Southern Bavaria please...... lol We Frankonians are more civilized than that.
    But I love how he created a non existent stereotype... People fart on the streets everywhere, where ever the "accident" happens. There's no country limitation.
    Apparently, it doesn't matter where you are people try to avoid that slip in public, and rather wait for a more fitting place.
    I know several people from Frankonia and none of them consider themselves bavarians.

Personally, meh. I don't do anything special for it. If I'm in public I'll probably try to let it out discreetly, but I won't go to the bathroom or otherwise move away just to let it out. Too much effort.

If someone else farts near me, I'll probably just lol about it. Make a joke, that sort of thing. Not going to get all offended because of it, that's just pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    I know several people from Frankonia and none of them consider themselves bavarians.
    My point.... I refuse to be called a Bavarian. We're oppressed, chained, enslaved. All Napoleon's fault... For a free State Frankonia.
    Which would be the 5th largest German State, if established. I mean, it's totally off topic, sorry.. But I could go on with reasons why there should be such state.

Answers within the quotes...
    I don't think I would hang out with a guy who was afraid to fart around other guys. But then again, I grew up in the country and working since 14 so it might be more of a tougher working class outdoors-man type of thing. Regardless, the point of silencing farts around women isn't to hide the smell, it's to hide the identity of the person who farted. Obviously if I'm 1 on 1 with a girl, I'm not gonna fart all over her. I'll hold it in.

You seem to be offended by farts. Why is this?

Deleted
    My point.... I refuse to be called a Bavarian. We're oppressed, chained, enslaved. All Napoleon's fault... For a free State Frankonia.
    Which would be the 5th largest German State, if established. I mean, it's totally off topic, sorry.. But I could go on with reasons why there should be such state.
    As a German I can understand your plight.

Nobody wants to be associated with Bavaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    As a German I can understand your plight.

Nobody wants to be associated with Bavaria.
    Noone wants to be associated with anything south from and including berlin :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidie View Post
    "Yes we all do it!"

sorry but no you are wrong because I can't remember the last time I did it. I'm dead serious, I do not fart.

and if you have to do it, go away. go outside. whatever. dont make the rest of the people smell your disgusting farts.
    If you don't fart, you're dead. In fact, even dead corpses can fart.

If you never knowingly fart, then I would not want to sleep next to you. Every persons digestive system generates a lot of gas every day. It has to get out. If you don't fart during the day(I'm looking at you, ladies), it all comes out when you sleep.

Sorry, but it's just not biologically possible for a person to never fart.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gotta depend who you are with, otherwise you're just a smelly bastard.

Imagine you're in a board meeting with directors, not a very wise decision to let one out then.

With friends, fart in their face!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Noone wants to be associated with anything south from and including berlin :P
    I can only answer in German now, English wouldn't sound right... lack of proper translation..
    Noerdlich von Berlin sind ja nur noch Ossi's, Fischkoepf und Preussen.. Is ja fast noch schlimmer als Bauern. rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Holding farts in class was one of my least favorite things about school, second only to hiding boners.

Mine smell so i hold them in until i'm alone in a room or in the bathroom taking a pee. I have a few of friends fart loudly and it has never bothered me unless i smell it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidie View Post
    "Yes we all do it!"

sorry but no you are wrong because I can't remember the last time I did it. I'm dead serious, I do not fart.

and if you have to do it, go away. go outside. whatever. dont make the rest of the people smell your disgusting farts.
    Sounds like you have a problem. It isn't good for gasses to stay cramped up in your body, It'll get very uncomfortable.
    Like someone said you probably do it in your sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fart quite a lot during the day, but I try to silence them when around people I don't know. My farts hardly smell (propably because of how often I do it), so it's all about the noise for me. If fart is succesfully silenced, nobody will ever know anything. A perfect crime!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    Holding farts in class was one of my least favorite things about school, second only to hiding boners.
    Lol! I still have some pairs of jeans that I simply can't get aroused in or else it's completely obvious.

I won't do it under any circumstance, no matter how miserable the pressure is, until I'm over a toilet in a private bathroom.

Deleted
    I'll add to this:

Around family = until i was considered an adult and moved out, fart normally.
    Family now = be discreet
    Around guy friends = try to make farts as loud as possible, a fart is a thing that all men have in common, in that it takes you back to being 6-7 and it being the most hilarious fucking thing on the planet. Absolutely extreme of farting when with the guys. Land often follows.
    Around girl friends = Silence the farts, unless it's my girlfriend then I don't care at all.
    At the bars/parties = Fart openly. The bars I go in are usually too loud to hear me fart and too packed with people for anyone to notice it was me.
    Employees/Boss = OH GOD DONT LET RIP NOW. DONT LET RIP.

Just two hours ago i had to suppress bursting out laughing because a guy in the metro thought noone could hear him fart while wearing headphones listening to loud music.