Deleted

death strike heal scaling idea

my idea is that the death strike heal now scales with your AP again, as it did in early wrath, but also has the current component where, if the damage you took in the past 5 seconds is high enough, it scales to that.

that way, death strike heal is less variable, but can still be used reactively as it is now.

I don't know how viable this idea is or if it would work, but since AP scales with damage taken (vengeance) and the death strike heal does as well, it seems kinda logical to me.

Deleted
    Will never get that, it will cause to many drama with the dpser`s, my DS can already crit for like 230+k damage, imagine what it will do if DS scales with AP combined with the AP from vengeance. Also if you let the heal scale with AP, whats the point of mastery then ?

Deleted
    Increasing the minimum death strike would only make us (even more) immortal during periods of low/medium damage and reduce the difference between a good and a bad death knight. To me death strike is the best tanking mechanic/design in the game, I don't really see why it needs changing (if anything every other tanking class should get something simlair).

How is that going to change anything for the variability, considering an active tank usually has roughly the same ap everytime he tanks? And aren't you "punishing" tanks for mitigating properly with their CDs? Same could be said about DS as it is now, but if you include AP, you're doing the same thing twice. Come to think of it, the whole concept is already there with the incoming damage component.

Edit: Oh, wait... I forgot nowadays every tank mistakes himself for a dpser. Nevermind, scale it with AP, it'll do "moar dps" that way. And that's what tanking is all about these days, innit?

Deleted
    If you ask me, death strike works great in its current form.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Edit: Oh, wait... I forgot nowadays every tank mistakes himself for a dpser. Nevermind, scale it with AP, it'll do "moar dps" that way. And that's what tanking is all about these days, innit?
    What does having the healing part scale with AP even has to do with DPS?
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-01-21 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    How is that going to change anything for the variability, considering an active tank usually has roughly the same ap everytime he tanks? And aren't you "punishing" tanks for mitigating properly with their CDs? Same could be said about DS as it is now, but if you include AP, you're doing the same thing twice. Come to think of it, the whole concept is already there with the incoming damage component.

"Each time you take damage, you gain 2% of the unmitigated damage taken as attack power for 20 sec.". Though I suppose you actually knowing how vengeance works would make it harder for you to cry about tanks.

Ah, I failed to read that word. Thanks for pointing it out! Very interesting. Doesn't change the fact that I think DS is fine as it is, though. If you start scaling it with AP, Tanks might get confused about needing DPS gear. It's bad enough that Paladin tanks roll on my stuff, I don't need yet another plate tank rolling on dps items.

Oh, I'd like to point out that I'm not actually whining about tanks. I just think it's slightly ridiculous that they outdps everyone else in certain encounters and basically have to meet a dps requirement in addition to their traditional job. But that's another topic for another time, probably in the past. So I'll stop right here.