Give DKs a smart heal like monks

After playing a monk i came across this idea.
    Something like the Ox Statue wouldn't work because it's too characteristic of the monk class, but we could easily get something like Chi Wave. It'd help in our problem -lack of raid utility- and it's also fun as hell. Might be too overpowered with our class, though. What do you think?

Bloodworms are getting a massive buff in 5.2. They're not exactly what one'd want to call a 'smart heal', but they heal for a lot on the PTR.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

That has to be one of the worst ideas ever. The class already stands out because of what it can do. And giving something like that to a blood tank would basically make them invincible. Its already pretty damn hard to kill a blood DK this would just put them over the top. If this made live you can bet there would be a bunch of pissed off players.

Blood Dks already have too many heals, and DKs in general don't have the theme of a healing class. As it stands all the heals of blood consist of sucking the blood of your enemies and using it to heal yourself.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I don't see how the Death Knight has any thematic reason to be healing living beings with any regularity. Notice how how healing mechanics involve the spilling of blood. We Death Strike. We make blood worms that burst and die in order to provide their healing. Death Pact severely damages a minion in order to sustain ourselves. Our glyphed death coil creates a barrier; that's protecting life -- but it isn't restoring it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Bloodworms are getting a massive buff in 5.2. They're not exactly what one'd want to call a 'smart heal', but they heal for a lot on the PTR.
    It would be nice to be able to manually detonate them though.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

15+ Year Old Account
    The worms heal for obscene amounts on PTR. Even though it's mostly overhealing I'm expecting them to get some pretty heavy nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about a heal that would only heal others, sort of like a Word of Glory/Rune Tap that smart-healed an Ally for 10% of their health?

Or, maybe Rune Tap could be casted on a targetable ally? I think that would be a nice little utility that wouldn't be considered OP, as the major objection to another DK heal is that the DK would be able to use it on himself. If we had to choose between ourselves and another target for Blood Tap, I don't think that would be terrible!
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the old AoE Rune Tap glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Blood Dks already have too many heals, and DKs in general don't have the theme of a healing class. As it stands all the heals of blood consist of sucking the blood of your enemies and using it to heal yourself.
    How about "Gushing Wound; A vicious strike opens a wound on the enemy. The blood flowing from it heals and energizes the Death Knight and his allies.", a small heal that's increased on the DK himself and regenerates a little bit of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    I miss the old AoE Rune Tap glyph.
    Why they took that out is beyond me.

OT: I'd personally like Mark of Blood making a return for Blood (heck, why not all specs) as some form of raidwide healing cooldown which heals whenever the target deals damage.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Why they took that out is beyond me.
    I know for me it was a lot of I just liked having the party/raid heal, even if it wasn't for much.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnCharisma View Post
    That has to be one of the worst ideas ever. The class already stands out because of what it can do. And giving something like that to a blood tank would basically make them invincible. Its already pretty damn hard to kill a blood DK this would just put them over the top. If this made live you can bet there would be a bunch of pissed off players.
    I believe that you missed 1 patch... dunno it it was only you or your whole battlegroup that missed 5.1 where the totally nerfed any blood DK PVP chance...
    Not only they nerfed the damage, removing vengeance from PVP but also removed all DS healing from damage taken from other players... As any tank class they may take a bit to down (mostly to melee classes, they are just puppies to any ranged) but they are no threat anymore.

Still OP idea makes little sense. Even if I would enjoy getting the Rune Tap glyph back or even some better raid utility that would fit us better...

Making the T13 4 pieces bonus a blood only ability or even a glyph, would be my choice: Your Vampiric Blood ability also affects all party and raid members for 50% of the effect it has on you.

edit, mark of blood was fun ability too, just it doesn't provide any no real raid utility and would be some more stuff to keep up on target... making us even weaker, against packs, than we already are.
    Last edited by elderamy; 2013-01-21 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    I know for me it was a lot of I just liked having the party/raid heal, even if it wasn't for much.
    You don't know how many times I have actually saved a friend in a heroic with that glyph, honestly it should just be baseline.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

They could change rune tap to be similar to WOG, except in a dks own way. Make it work off of SOB stacks, give it a base amount that it heals, and make it scale. I like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    They could change rune tap to be similar to WOG, except in a dks own way. Make it work off of SOB stacks, give it a base amount that it heals, and make it scale. I like that idea.
    I think whenever you death strike it should reduce the CD of rune tap by 2 seconds, and rune strike should be .5 seconds or something like that.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel